TM Question

Pil9rotten

TM Question

Post by Pil9rotten »

I just upgraded to a 24 volt TM and have a charger question.
Do I leave the charger wires (2 sets for 2 batteries) connected to each battery as I did when the system was 12 volt. Meaning that each battery has one pos and on neg wire directly connected to the on board charger?

Do I need to configure it differently?
Do I disconnect the cross over connecting both batteries before charging?

Or do I need to buy a new 24 volt charger?

I would also like to thank the crew at the Burlingame Interstate Battery shop for rigging my new harness set up with all the proper connectors. They did an absolute fantastic and clean install. About $8.00 for parts and an hour of labor. This shop has never seen a bass boat and they did a great job!

Thanks,

Kenji
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Re: TM Question

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

I'm going to make the asumption that your old configuration had one set of charger wires on the TM batterey and the second set for the crank battery........... (a two bank charger),,, if you just upgraded to a 24V TM sytem, your new configuration would have one set of charger wires (+&-) to TM battery #1 and the second set to TM battery #2,,,,, leaving your crank battery not connected to the charger....... it's ideal to also have your crank battery connected so you could choose to either switch to a 3-bank onboard charger or connect a single bank portable charger to the crank batt (that's what I now do w a 36V sytem and a 3-bank charger). The crank batt will stay "mostly" charged on it's own from the alternator but you'll get better life if its gets fully charged using a charger...

There should be no need to disconnect the jumper between TM batt's for charging,,, juts plug it in and go.