Snag Proof details?

rickd

Snag Proof details?

Post by rickd »

Anyone know what times we blast off each day?

Can't seem to find the details.

Thanks,
rickd
L.Hackney

Re: Snag Proof details?

Post by L.Hackney »

Saturday 11am - 5pm

Sunday 6am - 12pm

Registration starts : 3pm - 7pm this friday and 6am - 9am on saturday...
http://basscat.com/

http://mossdale-boats.com/

http://placervilleflyfishing.com/

http://luckydoginc.net/

http://www.eyesurrenderonline.com/
merleIII

Post by merleIII »

Any word on how many boats have signed up yet???
TritonBrent

Post by TritonBrent »

Do they want us to take ALL of our tackle out of the boats? I would think since they are doing a poly test that it really wouldnt matter what you had in the boat. Need to know the rules on that. Also, how do they determine blast off order ?
rich mendoza

Post by rich mendoza »

take it out so there are no temptations.
i read some were blast of by sign up #
Smitty_dennis

Post by Smitty_dennis »

Check the hook website for details:

http://www.hookproshop.com/spo2008/
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

If you are fishing this, or are on the fence, come on down and find out first hand during the Friday Check in. You will have more than enough time to make that decission to fish or not, as well as get ALL the details that may not currently be on the website, like can ya have other tackle in the boat or blast off order. Most orgs never post the blast off order, yet discuss it the morning or at the metting just prior to the event!
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

The rules say we can use any baits on the snag proof website but its down. Kinda bad timing for a revamp.
Big baits,big fish,big smiles!!!!!
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

Also,what is a sea bay lure?
Kentuck

Frogs only this year....

Post by Kentuck »

They've changed the tourny for this year. It's Frog only. Also, I beleive that you are only allowed to have Snagproof tackle in the boat for this. I know they have looked in the boats in previous years.
MIKE TREMONT

Re: Frogs only this year....

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I would suggest following Cooch's advise. The website has been down about the last 3 weeks or so, and even when it was up there was a lot confusion.

Really hoped they would of gotten all the bugs worked out after the last few years, maybe next year :lol: !
I had to come back...I know...
Kentuck

Post by Kentuck »

If you read the flyer with the sign-up form for this year's event it clearly says, in red, Frogs Only.

As far as that being the only tackle allowed in the boat, that's just from what I've found to be the case from previous years.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Kentuck wrote:If you read the flyer with the sign-up form for this year's event it clearly says, in red, Frogs Only.
Oh gees now I gotta paint my frogs red.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

What about the new snag proof swimmin frogs?
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

From what I was told by The Hook, it must be a Snag Proof, topwater frog. That would include Bobby's Perfect, Tournament, Bleeding, Frogzilla, SK Ultra and the Original Frog.

If it don't say topwater Frog on that package, ya can't use it.

And the second thing I inquired about was the additional tackle. There is NO RULE, that is written that says, everything else must be removed. That was done one time by 100% when they ran the Frog event and hasn't been done any other time.
Last edited by Cooch on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TritonBrent

Post by TritonBrent »

Thanks Cooch!
bassrockstar

Post by bassrockstar »

My partner and I were signing up today for the event and no he is on the fence because of some work thing. It's gonna be a game time decision Friday night if he can make it.

Does anybody know If I will be allowed to fish solo in this one???
Cooch

I just got word.....

Post by Cooch »

on the original Snag Proof site, which is now down at the moment, under the rules it clearly states NO POPPERS. For what ever reason, that one frog will not be allowed. The Moss Rat's are not allowed either. I'm not sure the reasonigng behind that. this will be a question to ask at the event prior to blast off or at Check-in.
Marty

Re: I just got word.....

Post by Marty »

I was going to fish this but now I have to go to Colorado on Friday.

Reading the flyer it states “Blast Off in order of sign up on Saturday and reverse order on Sunday.

Times of the tournament is Saturday 11:00 am to 5:00 pm for Sunday the times are 6:00 am to 12:00 pm.

Check-in starts at 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm on Aug 1st (Friday) and 6:00 am to 9:00 am on Aug 2nd (Saturday)

$15 late fee after July 30th (today).

And Frogs Only and when I talked to Gene he said to be fished as top water. The reason he said that is because I asked him if I could fish the small frog drop shot or Carolina rig – he said NO.

I hope this helps and Good luck!

Marty
Brian

Post by Brian »

COME ON PEOPLE IT IS FROGS FRECKIN ONLY HOW HARD IS THAT? YOU KNOW THE TOPWATER KIND. BOBBY'S OR TOURNAMENT. EVERY YEAR THERE HAS BEEN SOME CONTROVERSY ABOUT DIFFERENT THINGS. FINALLY IT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE.
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
g-man

Post by g-man »

Brian wrote:COME ON PEOPLE IT IS FROGS FRECKIN ONLY HOW HARD IS THAT? YOU KNOW THE TOPWATER KIND. BOBBY'S OR TOURNAMENT. EVERY YEAR THERE HAS BEEN SOME CONTROVERSY ABOUT DIFFERENT THINGS. FINALLY IT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE.
so no JIGS? :shock:
100% LL
Iafrate94505

Post by Iafrate94505 »

sinking frogs......
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

The hookproshop.com / greatlures.com sites say that you can only use the FROGS and that they must be fished on top of the water, ie.. no holes punched to make them sink etc.... topwater frogs only. You can color, replace skirts(only on frogs that come with skirts) and you can add a rattle or bells??? You may also replace the hooks but only with a like hook ie.. if it came with a double hook you have to replace with a double hook and same for the single hook frogs. No trailer hooks allowed. Hope this helps and good luck to all.........
The only sport besides golf that you can only blame yourself !!!

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
bassmeout

Post by bassmeout »

NO WEIGHT CAN BE ADDED TO THE FROGS...
Fishn Fighter

Post by Fishn Fighter »

so can use a SP lizzard for a trailer? it says NO weights can be added but you can ad rattles.. what if I use enough rattles so my frogs sink :shock: :shock:
Jim Conlow Sr.

I was going to fish this tournament but

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

I was going to fish the Snag Proof tournament but I changed my mind when I found out it was frogs only. If it were any lure made by Snagproof I would fish. I would empty my boat of all other lures and would insist on a poly test if I did good enough for a check. I took 27th out of 305 boats in the first tournament and 5th out of a little over 200 boats on the second tournament, but have not fished it since that time because of the unclear rules an because of the rediculous rule of not being able to use any bait made by SnagProof.
It seems to me if you manufacture a product that you should want to sell it, so why do you restrict your tournament to only one type of your product.
I called Snag Proof because I couldnt bring up their Website. They mailed me a small brochure that shows many other lures bexides the frogs. So wouldnt you think that all of those same products would be on their website if it was up and running?
I sincerely like the Snag Proof products, but I also like to be able to fish a variety of types of bait if the one I am using is not working. In the two tournaments that I competed in my partner and I caught fish on Frogs, Weed Demons, poppers and the Wiggle wog.

At any rate its just my opinion and my choice of what I want to participate in.
Last edited by Jim Conlow Sr. on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b]Ride With a [size=200]Legend[/size][/b][/i]
www.legendmarine.com
www.mercurymarine.com
www.inland-marine.com
[img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/legend.jpg[/img]
rickd

Re: I was going to fish this tournament but

Post by rickd »

Jim I don't think you want to fish anything other than the frog from Snag Proof. The other baits they make are well....hmmm....not good.

It's a frog tourney man! FROGS DUDE, how could you not want to toss a frog all day?
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

yeah and I think that all you should have for tackle in the boat is frogs...... nothing more nothing less...... I mean think of how much lighter your boat would be without all that equipment.
TritonBrent

Post by TritonBrent »

RipnRog wrote:yeah and I think that all you should have for tackle in the boat is frogs...... nothing more nothing less...... I mean think of how much lighter your boat would be without all that equipment.

You say that now because you are a non boater, but as a boater, I sure dont want to have to empty out 4 huge compartments that are filled with tackle. Why would I want to take the chance and throw some bait other than a snag proof frog knowing there may be a polly test. Sure would suck to catch a few good ones on a jig and then fail the polly test and be called out as a cheater!! My compartments will have tackle in them but i'm going to go out with 3 frog rods and throw snag proof frogs all day long for 2 days.
Phil Burgess

Post by Phil Burgess »

MINE IS EMPTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

DAMN MY BOAT IS ACTUALLY FAST NOW HA HA HA HA HA
ILL RIDE TO HELL AND BACK WITH YOU BOYS!!!!!!!!!!
Jim Conlow Sr.

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

rickd wrote:Jim I don't think you want to fish anything other than the frog from Snag Proof. The other baits they make are well....hmmm....not good.

It's a frog tourney man! FROGS DUDE, how could you not want to toss a frog all day?
I have caught lots of fish on some of their other lures. And it is simply my choice not to fish if I dont like the rules. I think it takes more fishing ability when you get to make more decisions about what is best to throw.
www.legendmarine.com
www.mercurymarine.com
www.inland-marine.com
Fishn Fighter

Post by Fishn Fighter »

i remember the first one.. i had to have EVERY lid in the boat open and they were walking across boats checking..... I was boat 309 or something.. now granted they could not check EVER crack or crevace for OTHEr baits.. now I did get VERY creative with my frogs and I assumed so did every body else did...because the rules were VERY vague.. when the rules changed and people didnt follow them ie.. sinking wiggle wogs :shock: the rules say fished as DESIGNED... so STFU you know who you are..... anyway.... I was going to fish it also but I figured as simple as the rules have gotten and as many people are trying to figure out ways to cheat... ill take my $$ and take my kid to the movies and buy some shoes....
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

TritonBrent wrote:
RipnRog wrote:yeah and I think that all you should have for tackle in the boat is frogs...... nothing more nothing less...... I mean think of how much lighter your boat would be without all that equipment.

You say that now because you are a non boater, but as a boater, I sure dont want to have to empty out 4 huge compartments that are filled with tackle. Why would I want to take the chance and throw some bait other than a snag proof frog knowing there may be a polly test. Sure would suck to catch a few good ones on a jig and then fail the polly test and be called out as a cheater!! My compartments will have tackle in them but i'm going to go out with 3 frog rods and throw snag proof frogs all day long for 2 days.

I have been a boat owner and it doesnt take that long to empty out a boat....... Is your boat really hard to clean out or something..... does it have tight compartments? maybe you should get a ranger..... :lol:
TritonBrent

Post by TritonBrent »

RipnRog wrote:
TritonBrent wrote:

I have been a boat owner and it doesnt take that long to empty out a boat....... Is your boat really hard to clean out or something..... does it have tight compartments? maybe you should get a ranger..... :lol:

Maybe you and I need to step out on the grass at Cooch's!! :evil:
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

coochs house has grass? :shock:
TritonBrent

Post by TritonBrent »

RipnRog wrote:coochs house has grass? :shock:

Yep, should make for a nice soft landing for ya, especially if you just so happen to find a pile of Delta's stuff :wink:
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

TritonBrent wrote:
RipnRog wrote:coochs house has grass? :shock:

Yep, should make for a nice soft landing for ya, especially if you just so happen to find a pile of Delta's stuff :wink:

:evil: . I hope we dont break another set of stairs like Brian did.....
bassrockstar

Post by bassrockstar »

Anybody have any idea of how many boats are in it so faR?
cleb19

Post by cleb19 »

I can pay Saturday morning right or Friday night..... Wont be down there till late friday nite

cleb
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

bassrockstar wrote:Anybody have any idea of how many boats are in it so faR?
Gene has been out of town this week and the guys at the shop have been way too busy answering phone calls due to the Snag Proof site being down, hence none of the entry forms that have been received up through last night are counted. So the number of boats is in question and we won't know the exact number until just befoe blast off.

And YES Cleb, you pay during either checkin on Friday or Saturday morning, just undrstand that there is a $15 late fee.
cleb19

Post by cleb19 »

thanks cooch...... See ya guys there be there 2mrw.

cleb
Jim Conlow Sr.

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

Fishn Fighter wrote:i remember the first one.. i had to have EVERY lid in the boat open and they were walking across boats checking..... I was boat 309 or something.. now granted they could not check EVER crack or crevace for OTHEr baits.. now I did get VERY creative with my frogs and I assumed so did every body else did...because the rules were VERY vague.. when the rules changed and people didnt follow them ie.. sinking wiggle wogs :shock: the rules say fished as DESIGNED... so STFU you know who you are..... anyway.... I was going to fish it also but I figured as simple as the rules have gotten and as many people are trying to figure out ways to cheat... ill take my $$ and take my kid to the movies and buy some shoes....
If you look at the wigglewog package you will see that it says subsurface, that means below the surface and from the surface of the water to the bottom is subsurface. I checked with Connie befor the tournament, and showed her the wiggle wog that I was planning to use,and told her that I was fishing it on the bottom. She and ger brother Harry both stated that if it samk to the bottom without alteration or added weight that was alright and perfectly within the rules.
www.legendmarine.com
www.mercurymarine.com
www.inland-marine.com