Sonar/GPS Unit Advice

Doug Hodel

Sonar/GPS Unit Advice

Post by Doug Hodel »

Looking for suggestions on combo units. Was looking at the Hummingbird 997c2, any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug
tunaman

Re: Sonar/GPS Unit Advice

Post by tunaman »

For the bow or console? I have been a big Lowrance fan, but with the advent of side imaging I am now a big fan of Humminbird. Until Lowrance comes up with competing technology, I'd have to give the nod to a Humminbird SI unit for the console - in fact I did! I replaced my LCX-111C HD unit with the 1197C SI and am glad I did.

The 997C SI is a great unit also, with a decent screen footprint. I first bought a 797C2 SI, and the screen just isn't big enough in my opinion.

I still run my Lowrance LCX-38C HD at the bow... works for me.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

I have Humminbird and to be honest with you I would buy Lowrance. If you are set on Humminbird, I will sell you mine.
tmulliken

Post by tmulliken »

Nothing wrong with the Lowrance 520C..........not big money, easy to use, and the GPS is cake to operate. Installed it myself in an hour, no problems. Good value I think.