favorite night line

barse41

favorite night line

Post by barse41 »

what the best lines for fishing at night with the ultra violet light?
plungers

Re: favorite night line

Post by plungers »

Berkly Maxx
barse41

Post by barse41 »

does it show up under the ultra violet lite
SethB

Post by SethB »

Big game in florecent blue or green for me, but I know lots of guys like the green Fire Line.
Take a kid fishing
D.B.COOPER

Post by D.B.COOPER »

I use to get caught up in the florescent line thing for nighttime fishing, but I have not found any florescent line that is worth putting on for nighttime. Too many break offs and line that just does not work the way you want it to and loss of sensitivity. I've learned to fish at nighttime with what's gonna give me the best chance of landing big fish and what I trust. Fluorocarbon 20-25lb test(Seaguard Invis X, Sugoi, Toray, Sunline). P Line 20- 25lb CXX for my Slammer or other large topwater and 65lb braid for my buzzbait. After a while you just learn how to fish without seeing your line. It's easier than you think and I am 100% confident that the line I'm using is gonna hold up when I hook into a toad at night. When I throw my jigs at night with fluorocarbon and I cannot see the line, I like to use a heavier jig(3/4, 1, 1 and a 1/2oz) because it gives me a better feel for where my jig is at and what it's doing. Some people are more confident and comfortable when they can see line their line. I'm more confident and comfortable when I know my line is gonna hold up. :) . Just my opinion and 02 cents worth. D.B.COOPER 8)
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

1. Hi, come here often?
2. Fireline Flame Green = 30# = spinning reel *
3. Stren Microfuse 20# = spinning reel *

Microfuse 30# is okay for casting reels. *

*Shows up fantastic with a $9 walmart black light hat brim light.

I never experienced the break-off problem. I use 7-10 foot fluorocarbon leaders.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
badbass25

Post by badbass25 »

I second the braid and fluorocarbon lines at night. I recently went out with a buddy who insisted that I use Fluorescent line so that I could see my line under the black light (I think it was cause he was tired of me whoopin' on him). I switched that night and regret it. I couldn't feel my bait on the bottom and my hooksets were crap, I believe it was because of all the stretch in the line. He whooped me that night, but it won't happen again! I'd rather feel the bites that see them.

With regards to braided line.... has anyone tried Stren® Microfuse™? It is a Fluorescent braided line, the reviews aren't very good, but might be worth a try.

One of the reviews said, "I find that I can dye other braids via the application of chartreuse tail dye (NOT dip!) and that meets my requirements for line visibility under both natural and artificial light."
Has anyone tried this? would it be worth all the time spent dying the line? and the cost of all the dye used?

Wes
badbass25

Post by badbass25 »

Well you answered my question about Stren Microfuse... I might give it a try
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

badbass25 wrote:Well you answered my question about Stren Microfuse... I might give it a try
My humble opinion is, while its stiffer than most braids and needs a little breaking in, it performs well enough and the way it lights up is a fantastic advantage at night. 100% agreement on Stren original mono. I tried Microfuse 30# on my spinning reel and it felt like I was using rope, however my buddy uses it for his wake baits and heavier lures on baitcasters and he does just fine with it.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

I use my P-Line PF that I use for everything else at night.
Works GREAT for me.

Don.
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
barse41

Post by barse41 »

all my spools are full of good P line flourocarbon. but my partner said i should switch to flouresent. i did good during our last night tourny but he said i would do better. i think ill only change over one rod. like cooper said i have no problem feeling my jigs
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

barse41 wrote:all my spools are full of good P line flourocarbon. but my partner said i should switch to flouresent. i did good during our last night tourny but he said i would do better. i think ill only change over one rod. like cooper said i have no problem feeling my jigs
Thats what I like about spinning reels. The extra spools.
barse41

Post by barse41 »

Greg_Cornish wrote:
barse41 wrote:all my spools are full of good P line flourocarbon. but my partner said i should switch to flouresent. i did good during our last night tourny but he said i would do better. i think ill only change over one rod. like cooper said i have no problem feeling my jigs
i have more problems with line twist on my spinning rods then backlash with any weight or wind
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

barse41 wrote:
Greg_Cornish wrote:
i have more problems with line twist on my spinning rods then backlash with any weight or wind
I used too, then I went to a size 40 reel equivalent to the Quantum PTi 40 and the Garcia 300 sized spools. I don't have much of a problem anymore.
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

Just stick with what you are doing well with. You don't have to use a black light and florescent line to do well at night. Lights on don't hurt anything ether from what I see. As long as you are catching, it can't be wrong.

Don.
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
skandy

Post by skandy »

I primarily use Suffix Elite day and night and found that it also glows under the black light. It's super tough and holds up very well with very little memory.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

skandy wrote:I primarily use Suffix Elite day and night and found that it also glows under the black light. It's super tough and holds up very well with very little memory.
What color?