Bear IN Clear Lake

BruceB

Bear IN Clear Lake

Post by BruceB »

Taken by a friend in July. What kind of rig would you use to land him?

Last edited by BruceB on Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg_Cornish

Re: Bear IN Clear Lake

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Personally I think you should get bear naked, then offer him a bear claw pastry then put him in a bear hug.

My grandpa said he had a bear on his roof one time. He called the local game warden who showed up with a ladder, a pit bull, a rope and a gun. He Laid the rope down and put the ladder against the side of the house. He then positioned the pit bull below the bear and handed the gun to my grandfather.

My grandfather asked, "What's going on here?"

The game warden said, "I'm gonna climb up on the roof and wrestle that bear. I'll get him close to the edge and throw him to the dog. That dog is trained to grab him by his testicles and clamp down so hard it totally immobilizes the bear. I then climb down the ladder, tie the bear up and throw him in the pickup and relocate him."

My Grandfather asked, "Well what's the gun for?

The Game warden said, "If the bear throws me off the roof, shoot the dog."
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
optichamp

Post by optichamp »

A .300 Ruger #1. 180gr Fail Safes 75 gr of Reloader 22. :twisted:
"The wine was bad, but not dull. It took the enamel off your teeth and left it on the roof of your mouth."

-Ernest Hemmingway, A Farewell to Arms
plungers

Post by plungers »

Nice story Greg!!!!
basstamer

Post by basstamer »

Da$mit I was gonna say a Bear Hook! That was a great story though-maybe this bear will eat some of them big ol otters that keep leaving 10lb bass heads laying on the docks!
barse41

Post by barse41 »

fished a tourny at pedro on sat. one of the other anglers had a black bear following him along the banks
LOL greg
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

Although it appears to be a bear...I think it's actually George Hawley trying to dive down and get his Baitsmith unhung off a rockpile.
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
kb

Post by kb »

sorry caudawg wasted on these new guys.......I spit coke all over my keyboard however so you owe me. Not sure if that is George or not we would need the audio to that pic to see if he was bitching about something.....then we would know it was George :wink:

kb
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

No, I've got the only photo of Big George.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

Greg you and KB are gonna be in BIG trouble when I call Big and tell him about this!!! But KB is right if you here a bunch of complaining it would have to be Big.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Turkeyman wrote:Greg you and KB are gonna be in BIG trouble when I call Big and tell him about this!!! But KB is right if you here a bunch of complaining it would have to be Big.
Shhh Big George don't know where I live.... yet.
blackcloud

Post by blackcloud »

Greg, That's all about to change. It's just wayyyy to much fun to get Big riled so we have to tell him..........Ok, I'll wait until I see him
RON SIX

Post by RON SIX »

Thats another one of those BIG FOOTS! They are every where now.
M. Warner

Post by M. Warner »

greg that is funny.
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

Greg_Cornish wrote:
My grandpa said he had a bear on his roof one time. He called the local game warden who showed up with a ladder, a pit bull, a rope and a gun. He Laid the rope down and put the ladder against the side of the house. He then positioned the pit bull below the bear and handed the gun to my grandfather.

My grandfather asked, "What's going on here?"

The game warden said, "I'm gonna climb up on the roof and wrestle that bear. I'll get him close to the edge and throw him to the dog. That dog is trained to grab him by his testicles and clamp down so hard it totally immobilizes the bear. I then climb down the ladder, tie the bear up and throw him in the pickup and relocate him."

My Grandfather asked, "Well what's the gun for?

The Game warden said, "If the bear throws me off the roof, shoot the dog."
I don't care who you are... That's funny right there! :lol:
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
Ba-Ba-Bass

Post by Ba-Ba-Bass »

BruceB wrote:Taken by a friend in July. What kind of rig would you use to land him?

What are you talking about ? That is my new swimbait........