Bass Puke

Chaozu

Bass Puke

Post by Chaozu »

What have you guys seen bass puke up in your live wells? Just about every Delta tourney the live wells have crawdad shells in htem. Anyone have a bass puke up a bird? or Rat? Pictures are much appreciated as well.
Ryan Margone
Greg_Cornish

Re: Bass Puke

Post by Greg_Cornish »

That headline certainly got my attention.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
tracker31

Post by tracker31 »

crawdads and shad are just about it....so far
Trace

Post by Trace »

I have found a rat once. I heard about a snake, but that one wasn't mine.
sTony

Post by sTony »

I've had lots of small fish, shells, crawdads and other such stuff in my livewells. I've had spots up at Oroville and Folsom that were spitting out whole fish and parts as you reeled them in. The water is so clear you can see them spitting out lots of stuff trying to get rid off a hook I suppose.

Photos? I ain't got any but I'm sure there are those that might. Hopefully that doesn't get too graphically nasty.

sTony
Last edited by sTony on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wkwong11

Post by wkwong11 »

I had a bass leave 2 6" senkos in my livewell.
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

Small birds, other bass, trout, crappie, bluegill, catfish, snails, moles and a small rattle snake..Oh lots of senkos.
http://www.dobynsrods.com
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

wkwong11 wrote:I had a bass leave 2 6" senkos in my livewell.
I'd like those back please.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
TomL

Post by TomL »

I was out fishing Lake Perris about 3 years ago. Caught a 3-4 lber on a buzz bait - tossed it the livewell as we were having a little turkey shoot.

When I went to pull it out of the livewell I found a dead mouse... all wrapped up in weeds floating on the top of the livewell.

Next day I went over to Angler's Marine and bought my very first Rago Rat!
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

I caught a bass when I was a kid that had a plastic worm hanging out its butt. Word to the wise, Treat every weapon as if it were loaded. It was. :lol:
big_limits

Post by big_limits »

This year I had a bass at Clear Lake just over 5lbs go in the livewell. She took it upon herself to puke up a small fish and a bird. Wasn't 5 no more.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Yes, Ask Brian Day about that one - bummed that we couldnt weigh in the contents of the livewell we would have had an additional 6-7ounces.

Fishing Havasu and there were swallows up on the rock wall, Brian flipped his jig up against the rock and it tumbled down to the water, BAM nice fish gobbles it up he flips it into the boat and it starts squirting WHITE Slime everywhere -fecal matter. Place it in the livewell and what do we see, feathers, beak, feet and later on half a small bird all nasty looking. Damn ABA wouldnt let us weigh it in though.

Sorry brother, the only pics we have are in our heads - it was a cool site to be had!
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
jbsteels

Post by jbsteels »

I was fishing a tournament on the delta a few years back and when we went to weigh in, we opened the livewells up and got are fish out and in the bottom of the livewell was a bull frog. It was probably around 9 inches long with feet and all, that hurt. I sure would have liked to have that frog back into the belly, we took 3rd in this tournament but only missed first by a few ounces...

Justin
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

Gotta love those rat spotted bass when they start flinging half digested minnow parts all over you and your boat when you swing them aboard!
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776
Brunobasser

Post by Brunobasser »

I had a 8+lb Bass spit a hand sized bluegill that was still alive and sterted swimning in circles....tried to catch it and pin it on for bait but it swam off.......nice bass
didn't even finish swallowing the gill before wacking my senko
If Bass Fishing was a drug . . . . . I would need rehab.
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

I was told by Steve Sapp that you are allowed to weigh in anyting that the fish spits up in your livewell.
just shut up and fish
David Rogers

Post by David Rogers »

I have had fish puke up crawdads, shad and this year we got a 5 lber that had the tail of either a bluegil or crappie sticking out of its gullet.

Sorry to put a downer on this cool thread but the worst thing was at Berryessa 10-12 year ago, I had lots of bee bee's in the bottom of my live well and you know what that means :cry:
David 371V Rogers
sTony

Post by sTony »

You'd have to load a LOT of bb's into a fish to get additional weight. How much does a BB weigh, :D

sTony

PS - And what a risk to take. Bringing your fish up to the scales and handing them over to the weighmaster and all of a sudden there's a butt load of BB's in the weigh sink. WOW! :shock: :shock: :shock:

sTony