Dropshot Rod (Spinning): Shimano Crucial vs Cumara

Micropterus salmoides

Dropshot Rod (Spinning): Shimano Crucial vs Cumara

Post by Micropterus salmoides »

The Shimano Crucial has been mentioned several times here and elsewhere as a quality dropshot rod. Are the comparable Cumara spinning/dropshot rods that much better? For example lighter, more sensitive? Are the power and actions the same, for example between the Crucial CRSDX68M and Cumara CUSDX68M, which share the same specs? I saw some sick deals on eBay for the Cumaras, going for $130-150.
DanIsaac

Re: Dropshot Rod (Spinning): Shimano Crucial vs Cumara

Post by DanIsaac »

SM-

Yes the Cumaras are that much better. The actions are very similar, but the Cumaras are much lighter, and definately much more sensitive. At those prices you can't go wrong. Both rods are over the counter warranty items.

Hope this helps,

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
L Dub

Post by L Dub »

Ditto on the Cumara

Smaller, lighter, stronger...

I've also seen 2 broken Crucial rods in one day. I was at the hook after one of my buddies broke his and one other guy showed up with the same rod, same break. Saw another of the same rod behind the counter with the same break. I love Shimano, but I think I'll stay away from that line.

Don't have a Cumara, but I've used one and it just feels better in your hand than the Crucial.

My $0.02

Tight lines!
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

i have a 6'8 crucial and a 7'2 crucial. both are great no problems. 2 great important rods to help me close off any day as a good one. I have not tried the cumara spinning yet. But just to throw it our there the new calarus feel ALOT better than the old brown ones.

Before you make the purchase try them all out do not just twirl them around like a fairy wand, put a reel on it and get the better feeling.

Steven
bassmonster

Post by bassmonster »

Come on Eric just get a powell or if you want the best the Loomis glx dropshot rod is hands down the finest!!
BFerris

Post by BFerris »

I have both models and have had the Crucial for two years with no problems....its caught tons of fish and hasn't given up on me yet! The Cumara I have is a little stiffer than the Crucial but has been great so far! I have switched over to pretty much all crucials & Cumaras...can't beat the quality for the price and their warranty...
https://www.facebook.com/TKOTungsten/
www.TKOTungsten.com
Swimbait Wannabe

Post by Swimbait Wannabe »

Watch out those crucials are very fragile.