Lake Oroville on Tuesday

Rick K of Ca

Lake Oroville on Tuesday

Post by Rick K of Ca »

I was up at Lake Oroville on Tuesday to look at the boat ramps.We went to the Spillway ramp first. You will have to back down 75 yards on a one lane road, only one boat at a time to get to the water. It is a gravel ramp but it looks to be solid.
From there we went over to Bidwell Canyon to take a look at the new boat ramp their building. I would say at this time it is about ready for them to pour the concrete and I would say the ramp would be ready for this stren tournament in three weeks.
The one problem I can see is that the Lake needs to come up a good 25 feet to have water upon the ramp so that you could launch a boat there. They are building a parking lot about the ramp right now and putting in drainage for the rain. From there we went over to Bidwell Marina to see about getting a boat slip. We walked down to take a look at the marina and decided to call in a telephone later as the only way to get down walking was to repel down a rope down a very steep bank and even without any fishing gear in my hands I did not want to try to repel down that bank. I will have to go along with one of the other fishermen that said the Lake is going to fish very small. If all we have is the one ramp at the Spillway you may very well have to start putting boats in between one or two o'clock the morning to get all the boats in in time for the tournament. After all is said and done I will still see everyone at the Lake for the stren tournament and hope everybody good luck.
Rick K. of CA
Patrick

Re: Lake Oroville on Tuesday

Post by Patrick »

Rick, is there a dock at the Spillway launch ramp?
rxfish

Post by rxfish »

The answer is no, however if Stren is forced to use this ramp a dock will be put in. Thats my understanding
Rick K of Ca

Post by Rick K of Ca »

No Dock at this time.
Rick K of Ca