Sonor Question

Wally

Sonor Question

Post by Wally »

Has anyone ever connected two lowrance units together so that both units can read the same ? If so, how is it done.
gofish, Wally
tunaman

Re: Sonor Question

Post by tunaman »

Wally wrote:..read the same ?
Read the same what? Need a little more detail as to what you would like to achieve?

Lowrance units can be linked together using the LowranceNET components. This allows them to use common devices, such as a GPS antenna, livewell temperature sensor, etc. Also it will allow the meters to share waypoint data (set a waypoint on one, it is automatically set on the other also) and syncronize the backlight settings. There are other features available, so if you're interested I'd suggest reading up on the LowranceNET capabilities on the Lowrance support web site, or doing a Google search.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Wally

Post by Wally »

Sorry for the confusion. What I want to do is read the sonar, (bottom structure), on both units. I already have the GPS connected to both units but I heard that you can connect the two units together so that the guy in the back can read the same screen as the bow unit as far as structure and depth.
gofish, Wally
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

I see - thanks for the clarification.

Typically, you can't share the transducer between units simultaneously - you can use a switch and have it active on one or the other unit. However, it looks like there are some scenarios that might work... I haven't done so, thus can't vouch for the validity, but I did find a good discussion of just this:

http://www.wmi.org/boards/electronics/m ... _id=262949

Hope this helps?
Roger
Wally

Post by Wally »

Thanks Roger
gofish, Wally