I Need a Job!!! Please Help!!!

Rippin Toad

I Need a Job!!! Please Help!!!

Post by Rippin Toad »

I know this is off the bass fishing topic (kind of since what you will read below is effecting my time on the water), but I have a question for everyone who reads this forum.

I was laid off from my job last August and have been looking for a new job ever since. I have not had very much luck. I am sure in large part due to what is going on with the economy.

I was wondering if anyone out their may know of a position.

I have a BA from Sac State in Business Administration and five years of working experience. The last 4 years were spent in business operations. I would prefer to work in the Sacramento area if possible.

I would be happy to provide my resume. Shoot me a PM and I will send it if you may know of something out there.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Todd
Skeeterman

Re: I Need a Job!!! Please Help!!!

Post by Skeeterman »

https://my.usajobs.gov I work for the feds thiers thier always hiring just depends on jobs experience.I hope this helps.
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

Professional Angler's Association was advertising a sales position last week. Send Jamie your resume and maybe it's not too late.

www.fishpaa.com
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
eagle123777

Post by eagle123777 »

if you have a security clearance or can qualify for one...check..lockheed-martin, northrup gruman, or boeing....
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I just got axed yesterday as well.

Just looked into the cost of Medical ins for the family :shock: , freakin EDD online site won't take my application, says I have to phone in. Phone in and you get an automated sob story that they are to busy to answer the phone and you get hung up on :evil: !

This is not starting out good for an uneducated 49 year old.

But the weather sure is nice :lol: !
I had to come back...I know...
g-man

Post by g-man »

MIKE TREMONT wrote:I just got axed yesterday as well.

Just looked into the cost of Medical ins for the family :shock: , freakin EDD online site won't take my application, says I have to phone in. Phone in and you get an automated sob story that they are to busy to answer the phone and you get hung up on :evil: !

This is not starting out good for an uneducated 49 year old.

But the weather sure is nice :lol: !
wow that sucks Mike hope you get it all figured out!
100% LL
kirkrossi

Post by kirkrossi »

Go to your local Auto Club (AAA) office and apply...if it's anything like it is down here in SoCal, they're hiring like crazy. I just got hired as a sales agent trainee and love it. They are VERY stable and have an awesome brand. Your degree is a big bonus but not necessary. It's a different organization then the Auto Club down here but we both belong to the same AAA National Affiliation. Let me know if you want to talk more.

Kirk Rossi
Auto Club of Southern California - Region Four Sales
Bass Angler's Guide - Copy Editor
Kirk Rossi
Staff Writer/Copy Editor - BASS ANGLER Magazine
St. Croix Rods
WileyX Eyewear
Berkley
Spiderwire
Abu Garcia
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Don't know if this really would help anyone .... But the refinery's are really looking for people that have taken this certificate study.

~~> http://www.piersystem.com/posted/159/20 ... 204577.pdf

Sounds like alot of people that lost there job's are taking this series to better help them apply and get hired already. My employer is going to start hiring a new class again soon after the contract is settled ~ and I will post the link when that happens for ya'all.

Stay strong and positive !!! ~~ and may you find something soon to provide your needs.
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

MIKE TREMONT wrote:freakin EDD online site won't take my application, says I have to phone in. Phone in and you get an automated sob story that they are to busy to answer the phone and you get hung up on :evil: !
Gee, Schwarzenegger's furloughs aren't even supposed to start until Friday. Losing two days per month while the work continues to pile on...
Topwater All Day

Post by Topwater All Day »

Todd,

I sent you an IM. I work for Northrop and as eagle123777 said, we are hiring. You don't have to have a clearance, but it does help. I'm trying to help out the Dinkmaster as well, but nothing is a fit...yet!

Rob
J Warren

Post by J Warren »

I feel your pain. Just got laid off on the 29th. "COBRA" is ridiculous. Maybe I should know this but what is Northrop? I have put apps. in already at places. My problem is there is so many people out there with exp. that are in the same boat. 7+ years doesn't help you that much when everyone else has 15 years. (Construction Superintendent)
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

For what it's worth the hospital system I work for is looking for another Biomedical Electronic Equipment Technician . . .

Requirements:

High School diploma or equivalent plus two years electronic training or military equivalent.
Three years as an Biomedical Technician or equivalent experience. Ability to operate basic hand/power tools in a safe effective manner. Utilize test equipment and possess the ability to read and follow electronic schematics to troubleshoot successfully.

Job Summary:

Performs and documents preventive maintenance, repair and safety inspections on a wide variety of medical equipment throughout the health system. Communicates effectively with peers, staff and vendors for installation, calibration and repair of medical devices. Performs additional duties as required.

It's a huge responsibility - you have people's lives in your hands on a daily basis - but I love it! If you have the skills and are interested, shoot me a PM & I will get you the info.
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
texas john

Post by texas john »

I work in the construction industry and am normaly one of the three guys working this time of the year......But with the state still lacking a budget, im sitting at home. I'm thinking we need a total recall of all those bozos in Sacramento. If they are unable to do there jobs (pass a budget) then maybe some of us that arent working currently could get the job done. Just my .02.

Mike and Todd I wish you both well and will be praying for all of us who are without work currently. Lets hope something changes, I rememeber someone talking change a few months ago, but so far the only change I see is that the money is going out to his buddies and interest instead of the other guys.......
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/jtrtexca/usmcsealani.gif[/img]
www.johnrector.yolasite.com
www.pepperjigs.com
Rippin Toad

Post by Rippin Toad »

Hey guys thanks for all the help!!! I appreciate all the advice and am looking into all of the things mentioned in this thread.

Todd
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Post by blkdog812 »

for the sac area guys: raleys field is hiring. probly not the greatest but anything could help. good luck all
SHAFT

Post by SHAFT »

I was laid off 2 months ago , as far as Cobra , we just started Kaiser for the family for $400 less a month than Cobra would have cost us . Maybe we should all get a tournament going for the unemployed , mandatory attire , sweats , slippers , Tee-shirt [ inside out ] , bath robe optional [ depending on weather ] , unshaven [ minimum 3 day growth ] and we fish from the bank ! Who's in ?
BassketCase

Post by BassketCase »

SHAFT wrote:I was laid off 2 months ago , as far as Cobra , we just started Kaiser for the family for $400 less a month than Cobra would have cost us . Maybe we should all get a tournament going for the unemployed , mandatory attire , sweats , slippers , Tee-shirt [ inside out ] , bath robe optional [ depending on weather ] , unshaven [ minimum 3 day growth ] and we fish from the bank ! Who's in ?
Now thats funny and sad at the same time...
Calistar

Post by Calistar »

Fellas, I delurked to see if I can help...at least a little bit.

First off, sorry to hear about all the layoffs. This is a crazy time and I hope your fortunes turn around soon. I don't know of any job openings currently, but what I can help out with is the health insurance part. My wife Cindy is a health insurance agent and would be glad to answer any questions that you may have and help you find the right plans for you and your family...free of charge. Be sure to mention my name and I'm sure she will be able to help. So whether you are dealing with Cobra, or Kaiser, or Blue Shield or whatever...its worth a call to make sure you are spending less on health care and more on fishing!

her phone number is 916...801-1189.

I hope this helps my fellow anglers...

Greg H. aka Calistar
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Thanks as well guys and all the PM's as well, I appreciate it.

Things happen for a reason, and all of us that have been blessed( :cry: ) with this challenge have been chosen for a reason. Sometimes it's for the best. So I figure I'll be cutting down on some fishing and gear(I have too much anyhow).

BasketCase: I look just like you described :lol: , cept for the inside out t-shirt and beard, but there's still time...

Thanks for the post Greg, I was just thinking about you the other day. Knew you were still around. Hope all is good and I'll be calling your wife in a bit.

Thanks again and if I can help anyone let me know, I'll do what I can.
I had to come back...I know...