Mike Van Guilder Sr. Memorial Tournament

atwaterbassfisher

Mike Van Guilder Sr. Memorial Tournament

Post by atwaterbassfisher »

Come on out to McClure on 4/26/09 and spend the day w/ us honoring Mike Van Guilder Sr. Registration at Barrett's North Upper Lot from 0430 to 0600. This is going to be a great tournament. Huge Raffle, Tri Tip BBQ, Great Payback, lots of awards, the list goes on......................
See www.berserkbaits.com for details.
Registration flyers available at:
Bait Barn
C&C Marine
Escalon Bait & Tackle
Snelling 76
steve black

Re: Mike Van Guilder Sr. Memorial Tournament

Post by steve black »

:D What a great way to remember a fellow fisherman who made time enjoying the outdoors with his family and his friends that loved our sport. We often lose touch with friends along the way, and I can't think of a better way to spend the day... Yes I will be there, hope you will too :D :D
steve black

Post by steve black »

:lol: Hey how about a roll call on who all plans to be their, also remember the BBQ and raffle afterwords will finish out a great day on the water with friends in remembrance of a good friend so WHO'S all going??? Sound off and be heard, see ya all there :lol: :lol:
Phil

Post by Phil »

I'M THERE STEVE !!!!

JIGS

GOT A NEW SPINNERBAIT TO TEST !!!
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

i'll be fishin it w/my son........ it will b a great time..........
" SEE YA ON "MY" WATER " :P :P :P :P
RMARX

Post by RMARX »

Robert Marxmiller / Bryan Cox
Phil

Post by Phil »

Robert, i'm by myself, will you help me launch in the am /??

Jigs
RMARX

Post by RMARX »

This Robert, or that Robert? Either way I would be glad to help....
steve black

Post by steve black »

RMANZO wrote:i'll be fishin it w/my son........ it will b a great time..........
" SEE YA ON "MY" WATER " :P :P :P :P
:

:lol: All right... since its YOUR water Robert and you know my netting skills ( Don Pedro Nor Cal ) do you think you can show me where you keep your pets :D HA HA looking forward to seeing you again, if your son fishes anything like dad where all in trouble :lol: :lol: :lol:
see ya Sunday
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

I will be there with my son also. Hey Manzo stay off my water :shock: :lol: See you guys there.
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

"" GOBBLE GOBBLE "" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JTW32

Post by JTW32 »

Sounds like a good time, I'll be there. From my experience, events like this always end up being the best tournaments. Can't wait!!
''I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.'' George Bush

Jared
R.Cook

Post by R.Cook »

I'm lookin forward to it, it's gonna be a blast. I'll be doin boat checks Sunday mornin so livewells open boys....and if you're last name's Marxmiller or Cox I'll also need to see rod lockers!!! :lol:
Grape Ape

Post by Grape Ape »

I maybe looking for a back seater! Mine backed out and everyone else has either other plans or lost interest in tourney's! Great huh?
Harry Markarian

Markarian Investigations @ (209) 777-9696
USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
Mark Pollard

Post by Mark Pollard »

I'll Be there with friend Baker who never fished a tourney, also My friend Garrett is fishing it.
Mark Pollard
Coldwell Banker Vinson Chase
www.Teampollard.net For Central Valley Real Estate...
www.gfmarine.com for Nitro, and Skeeter Bass Boats...
www.savephace.com
www.teampollardfishing.com
mvanguilder

Post by mvanguilder »

Of course I will be there and fishing it with my mom and son (5yrs old), aka little fishwrangler. I would also like to thank you guys in advance for coming. FYI I am starting up a scholarship fund with my dads name on it and its going to a local highschool that he helped out. It will go towards someone that is going into Admin. Justice or Criminal Justice in college. If you didn't know my dad he was a retired police officer from Turlock and a police officer in the Air Force before that. This should be a kick back, no pressure, good time tourney. These are the type of tourneys my dad and I liked fishing. We have a lot of great raffle prizes from tackle, St. Croix mojo rod, wine, wild water park tickets, gift certs., guide trips, etc. Thanks again, Mike Van Guilder Jr. www.fishwrangler.net
Grape Ape

Post by Grape Ape »

We will be there! My partner just got kicked out of the house and called me and said "Let's go fishin"! :lol: I know where all of Roberts sweet spots are too! I'll print up a few maps that I'll sell cheap! :P
Harry Markarian

USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
atwaterbassfisher

We are expecting a great turnout, we already have many pre-signs. Once again, thanks for all the support. Can't wait to meet you all and spend the day honoring a great man. I have deep respect for Mike Sr. and we all miss him dearly. He is definitely going to be smiling down from above on Sunday. Registration will be from 0430 to 0600 at Barrett's North Upper Lot Store.
Grape Ape

Post by Grape Ape »

Don't forget to have a little extra food on hand! Moulton's gunna be there. Ever see this guy eat? :lol:
Harry Markarian

USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
acm95301

Post by acm95301 »

Hello Guys!

I'm signed up and ready to go. My wife and son will be joining me when they wake up that morning.

I'm glad that we get to remember one of our own in such a positive way. I really don't know how the scholarship things going to work, but I'm glad for such a positive idea.

I didn't know Mr. Van Guilder personally , but I know his son. For me a Father that still fished with is adult son, is a great thing indeed. I hope that I'll have that kind of relationship with my son.
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
Jim Moulton

Post by Jim Moulton »

+ 1 on the extra food!
atwaterbassfisher

Make sure you all stop by the registration booth from 0430 to 0600hrs. even if you're pre-registered. We'll have extra BBQ tickets and raffle tickets for sale. Invite the family up to the BBQ / raffle / awards - this is going to be a family event. We'll have plenty of food, we're all geared up to serve 200!
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

Phil wrote:Robert, i'm by myself, will you help me launch in the am /??

Jigs
Did anyone help JIGS launch his boat?
Phil

Post by Phil »

Not a problem, Randy from Escalon Bait and Tackle gave me a hand.

Thanks again Randy

JIGS

Now that I am awake. Thanks Steve and Mike for putting on such a great memorial tournament for Sr. Thanks to the three vendors od Berserk Baits, C&cMarine, Escalon Bait and The Bait Barn for all their donations and help, Dannny from Anglers Choice did a bang up job as MC, as did Steve. Unfortunate my wife had to work, but I had a great time with you all.........Hope to see you all again next year.
Last edited by Phil on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve black

Post by steve black »

What a GREAT DAY in remembering a GREAT MAN and having the opportunity to enjoy old and new friends. A special Thankyou to all the sponsors and everyone else who donated their time, services ,and raffle prizes. It was off the hook... :lol: Congrats to all the winners which in my opinion everyone was a winner today. Thankyou all what a day to remember :lol: By the way one question did Team RManzo weigh in their swimbait baits for their weight HA HA :roll: :roll: ROB it was a pleasure meeting your son ,it looks as if you guys had fun today, which is what i was all about. You ALL rocked today be safe and hope to see you all the water again :D :D

Steve Black
acm95301

Post by acm95301 »

something like 50 boats....
good BBQ
Good Raffle!!!!

Great Time.....

Next time I'll catch a fish...gotta have goals.

Thanks Beserkbaits...Thanks Baitbarn...Thanks numerous sponsors.

Thanks family !!!!

And Best wishes for the Van Guilder Family.
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
RMARX

Post by RMARX »

I agree it was a really fun event and a good kick off to have a teenage kid fishing with his dad catch not only his first bass, but to have it end up being bigfish at 7+ pounds was really cool! The only changes I would make are: 1. Have it on Saturday not Sunday. 2. Make the BBQ free for tournament participants and charge people not fishing the event. 3. Speed the raffle up. 4. Maybe make up and sell some tournament T-Shirts. Other than that it was fairly well run and lots of fun and I look forward to it next year!
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

definetely one of the funnest, no pressure events.... my son had never fished a tourney and, like any other youngster, wanted to "win" something....so i told him we are weighing in "only" the fish he cathes.... i think he ended up catching about "8" bass...at about 2'oclock i caught one over 2lbs and he told me to throw it back because the deal was we weigh in his fish only :roll: :roll: so that is what we did...... i guarantee that was the smallest, most gratifying 5 fish limit i will ever weigh in :lol: :lol: :lol: needless to say, the son is hooked.....awesome day, great people, and i guarantee mike senior was looking down on this..... looking foreward to next year......thanx everyone who ran this......
Dan McKenzie

Post by Dan McKenzie »

Mike, Steve, Danny, Beserk Baits and all the sponsors of the Mike Van Guilder Sr. Memorial Tournament, Thanks for a great day.
It is sad to lose a man like Mike Sr. someone who dedicated their life to helping others, a man who put his family first, he will be missed by many that is certain.

My “partnerâ€
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Awesome tale there Dan..This is what fishing should be all about..I would say two people came away winners with that one fish..Well done..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
mvanguilder

Post by mvanguilder »

First of all I would like to thank Steve Melander and Danny Peluso for all of there hard work and dedication to make this a great event. We are already planning the next one. I would also like to thank all of our sponsors, Berserk staff that helped with everything. If I am forgetting anyone I am sorry and will thank you in person. My dad would have loved this tourney. This reminded me of the tourneys we used to fish, when everyone hung out afterwards, talked, ate great food, and great raffle prizes. Sorry I didnt get up and speak too much, it was hard. It was awesome to see the support of all of you that came even if you didn't fish and came up for the raffle, BBQ. It felt like a family environment, no one was in a rush to get out of there. Again thanks to everyone that participated. I hope to see all of you at the next event. Congrats Dan Mackenzie, my dad and Dan go way back. It made even more memorable when I heard you won. Please check out the Berserk Baits website for updates www.berserkbaits.com Mike Van Guilder Jr.
mvanguilder

Post by mvanguilder »

Thanks for your suggestions and comments. We agree with you RMARX, didn't get to talk to you at the tourney, come see me next time. Just to let everyone know we had a late fee and I know some didn't like it but we posted this tourney for awhile and all late fee money helped pay for the permit fee, etc. Plus it gives us somewhat of a head count for food. All proceeds that are made above the cost of the tourney things go to the scholarship fund. BBQ tri-tip, beans, bread $5 with drinks is not bad. All raffle money is going to the scholarship as well. Again I thank all of you that participated. We are already working on stuff so all anglers will walk away with more stuff. If you guys have any suggestions or constructive critisism email me mikevanguilder@gmail.com. Give it about a week and postings or updates on the tourney will be posted on the www.berserkbait.com site

Sincerely, Mike Van Guilder Jr.
atwaterbassfisher

Results are up on www.berserkbaits.com - still working on the page but it's a start. Click on the "Mike Sr. Tourney" page.

We should have the $ amount raised for the Mike Van Guilder Sr. Scholarship fund later this week.

The scholarship will be awarded to a Delhi High School student who is pursuing a law enforcement education. More details to follow.