Question for Delta Rats

MartinD

Question for Delta Rats

Post by MartinD »

What is the best tide to fish in Franks Tract?
May the Fish be with you
Mr Gambler

Re: Question for Delta Rats

Post by Mr Gambler »

Hey Martin, it is the one that makes the fish bite :lol: :lol: :lol:

pre fishing for your club tourny already :wink: Mike
Mike Matthews, U.S.N. 1963-67
Fish hard, sleep good at night.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

MartinD wrote:What is the best tide to fish in Franks Tract?
I would say whatever the tide is, that rolls in around 2:00pm, Franks has looked like a ghost town the past month or so during the early part of the day. The bite in the shallow flats has been non-existant fer most anglers this spring.
MartinD

Post by MartinD »

bump
May the Fish be with you
ppickerell

Post by ppickerell »

Not a pro by any stretch but I have a lot better luck at high water. Probably cause I like it on top.
02 Champion 206 DC Elite
Bobber Lobber
MartinD

COME ON GUYS GIVE ME YOUR INPUT.ANYONE THAT FISHES THE DELTA

Post by MartinD »

COME
May the Fish be with you
Dewayne

Re: COME ON GUYS GIVE ME YOUR INPUT.ANYONE THAT FISHES THE D

Post by Dewayne »

Martin,
Right now there is not a good tide to fish Franks Tract. It has tanked with the loss of the weeds and there are very few fish in there this year. In years past when Franks was good it depended on where you wanted to fish. Up in the tules you wanted a high tide and for fishing holes, ledges, and offshore weed beds you wanted a low tide. This year tide does not matter as there are too few fish to make for a fun day in the Tract.
Dewayne
ken

Post by ken »

Forget it right now until the dreaded weeds come back. Another bright idea by F&G to poison off the weeds.
robertthornton

Post by robertthornton »

ppickerell wrote:Not a pro by any stretch but I have a lot better luck at high water. Probably cause I like it on top.
thats what she said
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

ken wrote:Forget it right now until the dreaded weeds come back. Another bright idea by F&G to poison off the weeds.
DFG does not poison the weeds.
jemoon27

Post by jemoon27 »

I fished it at low tide two nights ago and was able to use frogs everywhere and catch a few frog fish. Except, for the one guy from shore who threw a tennis ball at my frog and his dog jumped in after it. You might not only catch hogs, but lucky enough to catch some dogs too. Good question by the way, I'm still learning myself even though I fish the delta a lot. I dont think there is a definite answer, such as low are high, just depends where and what, during low and high.
"When you see a lake you think picnic, and i see a large mouth up under that log"
L Dub

Post by L Dub »

I haven't fished Franks in a while but everywhere else I've been it's been too thick with weeds to get anywhere...
Flippinjigs

Post by Flippinjigs »

I find that any moving water high or low positions them fish to feed in pretty perdictable locations as most of you know. The last time I was in F.T. about three weeks ago we able to get a few fish up 7 pounds. However I am now fishing the main Sacramento River finding some really good unpressured water and fish. Them fish are everwhere you just have to go look them.

Good Fishin