Frogs???

R.Cook

Frogs???

Post by R.Cook »

Just wondering what brand of frogs you guys like to throw. I've always been a Perfect Frog guy, but this last weekend did pretty good on the Spro. Also, do you fish the same type of frog on top of the mats as you do in open water? Just curious, thanks.
Guy Williams

Re: Frogs???

Post by Guy Williams »

Spro
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
Delta is beast

Post by Delta is beast »

i like the R2S bully wa for walking it because it walks better than the spro. the spro poppin frog also works great in open water but not really on mats. the regular spros are better on mats. i dont like snag proof frogs because they rip very easily and are very bad quality. ive had multiple snag proofs rip or something goes wrong with them. never had a spro rip yet or bully wa with mulitple fish caught on each.
dont b a turkey
Delta is beast

Post by Delta is beast »

if you work the spro poppin frog over mats the concaved mouth will sometimes get caught up in the weeds so i dont recommend it over the mats
dont b a turkey
JustinD

Post by JustinD »

Pro-tourney good......Optimuim is good....but I promise you some of the others are crap......I lost a donkey on a frog a few years back that still haunts me....Giant eats the WHITE frog. I wait and set with a vegence. Can see the monster swimming around with the froig in its mouth. I jerk the s out of it again....and I mean jerk. Fish finally comes up to the boat......BIGIGIGIGIGI......then opens its mouth and spits the frog. Stupid frog never hooked up. I cut it up and sank the lure right then. :x
LL South
WishinIwerFishin

Post by WishinIwerFishin »

Swamp Donkey is my fave!
finebassfisher

Post by finebassfisher »

spro number one the water. the r2s bullywas are okay but u have to squeeze out the water every 5 casts
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

Don't use the snagproof kicker frogs...Don't know why...Just don't.
http://www.dobynsrods.com
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

What's wrong with turkeys? :shock: :lol:
Jim Moulton

*NM*

Post by Jim Moulton »

*NM*
Last edited by Jim Moulton on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
duckhuntr07

Post by duckhuntr07 »

JustinD wrote:Pro-tourney good......Optimuim is good....but I promise you some of the others are crap......I lost a donkey on a frog a few years back that still haunts me....Giant eats the WHITE frog. I wait and set with a vegence. Can see the monster swimming around with the froig in its mouth. I jerk the s out of it again....and I mean jerk. Fish finally comes up to the boat......BIGIGIGIGIGI......then opens its mouth and spits the frog. Stupid frog never hooked up. I cut it up and sank the lure right then. :x
Coulda used her Sat after all the smackie talk

Linolium Lover - Ha, gotta bust yer stones bro, we coulda used you out there.

I seem to like the Spro frog the best also. Left one in the rocks Sat! :(
D-Man

Post by D-Man »

Used to throw them all but bigger bites always came on Bobby's Perfect for me so I don't bother with the rest. Plus my favorite tournament of the year is the Snag Proof so I like to stick with their frog. Bobby's can be hard to walk with the stiffest frog rods but I have no problem with a Dobyn's 735c. I don't have any problems with the frogs taking on water that a quick squeeze won't cure but they do get torn 'cause they catch fish.

I tried the Bass Kicker as another buzz bait type option for the Snag Proof tournament and determined it has the wrong hooks that stick into the frog on nearly every cast. Swap out the Owner's for the Gamakatsu 4/0s and they work. The Bass Kicker looks to be an especially great way for kids or inexperienced anglers to get into the frog game when there can be limited options during summer on the Delta.
Derek
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Snag Proofs in White ..... sometimes in Black for shade pockets -- Sparrow if there are birds landing on the matts. :D

Another is the Mustard Swamp Donkey that DeltaLuke throws alot ~ with really really good results.
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
outdoorsman

Post by outdoorsman »

Hahaha, you guys must not like landing your frog fish!! :lol: :lol:
Snagproofs all the way. I can walk a tourney frog or the perfect frog with a H crucial flippin stick.
basswipe

Post by basswipe »

Perfect Frog. Spro's are good but sometimes their legs are messed up on the body, they also have cool colors. Sticking with the Snag Proofs for now since they have been the most consistent
Marty

Post by Marty »

Spro's has great colors that most Bass will never see so they caught what they when after in the story. The R2S jigger type frog is a good one to learning to walk a frog. But if you want to throw the frog you need to learn to put the loop in the line to really walk the frog - keeping the frog on the same spot moving.

Bobby's Perfect frog or Snag Proofs Tournament frog in black or dark Green. I will change out the lags with new fine round rubber (white or yellow) and add more nose makers. I don’t have a problem with water getting into the frog. I have two Daiwa Frogers with Daiwa twitch reels load with Sufix Braid set up on the deck throughout the summer. Getting ready for the Snag Proof tournament and HBC both in August.
bpm2000

Post by bpm2000 »

perfect frog - just wish they were more durable but willing to put up with it for the hookup ratio.
some guy

Post by some guy »

Spro, Perfect Frog and Tru frog are the best out of the package. I second the white.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Got a box over loaded with frogs. Time in, time out, you'll always see a Snag Proof Cicada "Perfect" series tied on! That's one bad lil dood, and ya'll know how I like ta keep it simple!
Last edited by Cooch on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

justin,

what frog/model was the sinner?

Steven
FR0G

Post by FR0G »

Snag Proof Bobby's Perfect hands down is my favorite.
bruizer343

Post by bruizer343 »

Jim Moulton wrote:The new Phat Frog developed by Ish Monroe should be out by the Snag Proof tournament. These things are the bomb, I have tried a few of the proto types and they do not get any water in them, They walk really good and the hook up ratio seems to be good also. Good luck in your search Ryan and let me Know if you want to check out the new frogs. Jim

the Cheater FROG ? Bass Boat Driver HAzard Frog ?

PUT others at RISK cuz Im a BASSHOLE-MAster FROG....

F-ISH
some guy

Post by some guy »

bruizer343 wrote:
Jim Moulton wrote:The new Phat Frog developed by Ish Monroe should be out by the Snag Proof tournament. These things are the bomb, I have tried a few of the proto types and they do not get any water in them, They walk really good and the hook up ratio seems to be good also. Good luck in your search Ryan and let me Know if you want to check out the new frogs. Jim

the Cheater FROG ? Bass Boat Driver HAzard Frog ?

F-ISH
Tell us how you really feel. :lol:
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
JustinD

Post by JustinD »

I want to say R2Sea but can't remember.....I just remember it was B.S......Almost sure that what it was or a Wolly Bully or something. I just know I went back to SP and what always had worked.
LL South
JustinD

Post by JustinD »

Also I want to give some propers to the Bettencourt FROG........Has a Good future for sure.....
LL South
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

Nobody has mentioned the Deps Frog.........I definately would not use it at the Delta or Clear Lake........Nope, wouldn't try it.......
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
Delta is beast

Post by Delta is beast »

Lugnut wrote:Nobody has mentioned the Deps Frog.........I definately would not use it at the Delta or Clear Lake........Nope, wouldn't try it.......
the deps frog basirisky is a great frog for open water. it can work over mats but it is a little hard. the one hook makes it a little tougher for a good hookset
dont b a turkey
bassrockstar

Post by bassrockstar »

Hands down they all work if you just put in the time and know how to fish them correctly. I have always been a SPRO guy and bought and fished my first Snagproofs for the Open last year. I practiced all week with SPROs and fished those same spots with the Snagproofs in the tourney doing the same thing and won the event. So they will all catch fish just tie one on and play with it to build up the skills.

my 2 cents
Aaron Hart

Post by Aaron Hart »

Snagproof Bobby's Perfect Frog for sure!
Ricky-S

Post by Ricky-S »

Envy and jealousy is a sickness that if not treated will evolve an individual to a disease that most refer to has haterism.

Both of these can spread through the body thus causing one to grow into a grump old person that does not appreciate and enjoy the blessings that we have as anglers to go fishing.

Please avoid anyone with this sickness at all cost because it is highly contagious and can spread throughout the body like a wild fire.

The only way to avoid catching this disease is to enjoy life to the fullest and not to worry about what others do and do not have. Focus on your own life and count your blessing EVERY day. Refrain from speaking or sound negative at all cost and try to avoid rumors or individuals who never have anything good to say.

If you avoid this sickness you stand to live a very enjoyable life free from all the haters!

PS-I only use the white Snag proof Bobb's frog.
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

bruizer343 wrote:the Cheater FROG ? Bass Boat Driver HAzard Frog ?

F-ISH