Tro Kar..

cib11b

Tro Kar..

Post by cib11b »

Anyone know if they will put out some treble hooks? Wouldn't mind replacing my crank hooks with some..
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
offduty

Re: Tro Kar..

Post by offduty »

Has anyone tried these yet? I was reading some other forums that stated that the hook points roll very easy and even reports of hooks breaking due to brittle steel. I am not trying to stir the poo but I think I will have to test it before I invest much.

Rich
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

I bought some, but so far haven't caught a single fish using them..So I really cannot say they are good, bad or about the same as what I was using before..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Ib5g

Post by Ib5g »

They work real well. Have'nt had a breakage issue but the tips do roll a lot easier than a owner.
Don't stop till it sounds expensive!!
ORHOZER

Post by ORHOZER »

I tried them out with little success. The hook point has bent over on both the drop shot model and the wide gap offset. The steel is brittle. I got caught up in the hype on these new hooks. Sticking w/ the Gama's and owners. The've never done me wrong. I'll sell my remainding tro-kars @ 1/2 price if anyone wants them!
cib11b

Post by cib11b »

I mentioned in the beggining of all the hype that one rock or log would ruin the $2 hook and was laughed at.. who is laughing now. Glad I did not buy them! I did not know they sucked so bad..
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
liveSTRONG

Post by liveSTRONG »

The hook tip rolls up very easy, causing them to not be sharp anymore... 3 hooks in a row did it on the very first fish (2-4lbs). I still have the hooks, all with rolled up tips.
tim mc nicholas

Post by tim mc nicholas »

I talked to a tackle shop owner who said that they were recalling the 4/0 hooks because the eye was breaking off. He said one broke while someone was tying one on at the ICAST show.
Cesar L

Post by Cesar L »

I bought some of the punch hooks and I didnt like the eye of the hook...it wasnt sealed all the way and it looks like your line could get in there and get damaged. Ill stick with the bmf. I will probably get some trebles and try those though.
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

Just goes to show the difference between a fancy marketing campaign and high quality equipment that is 100% trusted by pro and recreational anglers alike.

There's nothing like a BMF/Punch Hook, and likely never will be.
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

There have been many products that didn't live up to the hupe when first released..However if the product had a sound new principle in its manufacture, they usually tend to get to the level of excellence first claimed..Rarely is a first run of any product as good as those that come later..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..