What does it cost to recarpet a bass boat?

Guy Williams

What does it cost to recarpet a bass boat?

Post by Guy Williams »

I'm thinking of doing it for my 187 Champion this next year. Looking at maybe doing padding too. I'm a do-it-yourself kind of guy but want it done right sooooooooooo.
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
swank

Re: What does it cost to recarpet a bass boat?

Post by swank »

One weeks time. carpet=$200ish glue=$40 rivets $15 parts are less than $300 so even if you've never done it ya get six or seven tries before you hit the cost for a shop to do it.
acm95301

Post by acm95301 »

A 16 ft boat was estimated to be 800 dollars to have it done, so maybe 900 for a larger boat.

the carpet and materials are probably 200-250 if you did it your self...and its a week to 10 day project.
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

I can see it now. Me, carpet, glue and rivets- and a week lost in my life I'll never get back. Kind of like my ford C-4 tranny rebuild I tried!! :shock: :lol: :lol:
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

Don't do padding. Glue it down. The pad would act like a wet sponge and mildew the carpet and itself. You want quick dry.
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

Don't do padding. Glue it down. The pad would act like a wet sponge and mildew the carpet and itself. You want quick dry.
Byron

Post by Byron »

Check out this link. They have the Carpet in 14, 16, 18, and 20oz in bulk or kits, Glue, Molding and trim, Pre-cut kits for dozens of different Bass boats, Rigging tubes, and any other items you might need.

http://www.bassboatcarpets.com/products.asp?cat=56

A little hard to navigate but - From the menu to the left select Products, Carpet, Bass Boat carpet and you will find it.
Go with the 20oz and it will feel padded.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Cool thanks Byron!! Maybe if I do it myself I can tell everyone I used a new clear carpet or maybe a new wood grain carpet. You guys are making me think to do it myself, man bad thoughts, baaaadddd thoughts!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Guy Williams
Charles Barkley
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

You can do it yourself as I have an 18'4 champ and did it myself in aweek. Just take your time and do the compartment first and work in sections. Suggest you go with the 20' carpet. Just tear your old carpet and use it as a temp plate.
Get some paint stirring sticks from Home Depot or paint store as you'll need them to hold the inside compartment sides down. I use the stick and acoupal of clamps to make it flush.
BIG L

Post by BIG L »

Don't let Hippie help you, I think he has already smelled enough glue.
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Guy Williams wrote:Cool thanks Byron!! Maybe if I do it myself I can tell everyone I used a new clear carpet or maybe a new wood grain carpet. You guys are making me think to do it myself, man bad thoughts, baaaadddd thoughts!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Guy Williams
Guy,
Stick to rebuilding watches. It's easier. :wink:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
hippie

Post by hippie »

I wouldnt help if he paid me you can find guys to do it for cheap right now and it will save you the head ache. just make sure you find the right guy . thats to much work for me im retired from all work.
jrbasspro

Post by jrbasspro »

I have had 2 estamates to have my carpet redone, bear in mind I have a trition and the carpet wraps around every door.
'
The first estamet was 3000 dollars in bakersfeild, I basily told him to pound sand.

the second was at lakeside in castiac he qouted me around 1500 which I think is resonable, so in the next couple of months I will get it done, I still need to pay for the lower unit I just trashed ,or it would be done now!

Guy You have a good thanksgivin weekend and i will see you at diamond the 12th

Walt
listen to that gut feeling!!!

"keep it clean and dry"
some guy

Post by some guy »

Ive been wondering the same thing. a carpet job in my boat is way over due and its only an 05.. :lol: I guess I shouldnt spray attractant all over the deck and roll around in it.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

We do a few a month and our guys are awesome. Got to get the grain going the right way and it has to be tight. $800.00-1200.00 for 18-22 ft boats complete. Call Jordan 714-666-2628 Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Vernonn

Boat Carpet Padding

Post by Vernonn »

They do sell closed cell foam padding for bass boats.

Check out this site:

http://www.clarkmarine.com/index.php/We ... dding.html

Would be a great addition for kneeling and reeling.

-vernon
GW

Post by GW »

JR,

Email me and let me give you a price.

fsh4csh@sbcglobal.net

Thanks

Gary
Jeff Augustyn

Post by Jeff Augustyn »

Good to know Rick G. I will have to call Jordan and set up an app. for new carpet on the Z-21 & also a new jack plate. The boat kind of gets it's own problems sitting in the garage, not being used for 1/2 year at a time...Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Jeff
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Thanks to all. JR, I'm missing that event :( because I'll be in Mexico with the wife for her birthday. Get a big sack!! Jeff, you need to fish more!!!!
Guy Williams
Charles Barkley
hippie

Post by hippie »

no john when you and your partner put baby oil on and play wwe its bad on the carpet always pull out plastic and protect it. lynn told me thats what happen the last couple of tournies in havasu
some guy

Post by some guy »

dont forget about the paddle :shock:
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><