FLW advice

Cesar L

FLW advice

Post by Cesar L »

Im currently 4th on wait list...Should I show up and see if I can get in by people signing up late or should I just get my money back. I already have hotel booked and time off from work. Any help would be appreciated.
Ricky-S

Re: FLW advice

Post by Ricky-S »

I would call Cris Hoover and pose that question to him. From what I understand they may or may not be allowing people to enter at the meeting.

I would go to the source on that one.

Good luck.

Post by Guest »

Cesar L wrote:Im currently 4th on wait list...Should I show up and see if I can get in by people signing up late or should I just get my money back. I already have hotel booked and time off from work. Any help would be appreciated.
Call Hoover, but if I was in your shoes living in Sacramento I would do the following:

1. Cancel the hotel room (you can always find a Motel 6 room last minute as there are 4).

2. Pack and be prepared for the event (skip prefish) as though you entered.

3. Show up for the Pre-tournament meeting and hope for the best.

4. Call Chris Hoover & let him know you're intentions & that you're observing the off limits.

If for some reason someone can't make it last minute or they allow a late sign up, you're ready to go. Worst case scenario you're out just the gas money to drive there/back to Shasta. That's just what I would do in your situation. If I was farther than Sac driving wise I probably wouldn't take the chance.

Just be sure to limit your conversations with Pro's or other confirmed Co's so that you avoid any DQ situations.

Either way if you don't get in they will refund you money. No need to take your name off the list at this point.
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Vince Borrego wrote:
Cesar L wrote:Im currently 4th on wait list...Should I show up and see if I can get in by people signing up late or should I just get my money back. I already have hotel booked and time off from work. Any help would be appreciated.
Call Hoover, but if I was in your shoes living in Sacramento I would do the following:

1. Cancel the hotel room (you can always find a Motel 6 room last minute as there are 4).

2. Pack and be prepared for the event (skip prefish) as though you entered.

3. Show up for the Pre-tournament meeting and hope for the best.

4. Call Chris Hoover & let him know you're intentions & that you're observing the off limits.

If for some reason someone can't make it last minute or they allow a late sign up, you're ready to go. Worst case scenario you're out just the gas money to drive there/back to Shasta. That's just what I would do in your situation. If I was farther than Sac driving wise I probably wouldn't take the chance.

Just be sure to limit your conversations with Pro's or other confirmed Co's so that you avoid any DQ situations.

Either way if you don't get in they will refund you money. No need to take your name off the list at this point.
+1 All good advice Vince except you can practice Cesar. Just can't be with ANYBODY but yourself. Hard to say what the sign-up rules are at this point.

FLW does not seem to be following the stated deadlines which may be good for you. Wonder what other "deadlines" are not really deadlines? Off the water by check-in like the US Open?

Hope you get in. I tried my best to find you one. Maybe next time.
Cesar L

Post by Cesar L »

Thanks for the advice guys...I called Chris Hoover and he told me the only way im getting in is if some co anglers dont show up. Im going to cancel my hotel room and just be on standby, maybe get the call that I got in and show up with no prefish. Thanks again everybody who helped look for a pro to confirm me.
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Sorry to hear Cesar. I would show up at the pairings meeting. Maybe somebody will not be able to show and you are in.
cleb19

Post by cleb19 »

Show up Cesar who knows, at the least we'll grab a beer! Hope somebody bails for ya!

Chad
Cesar L

Post by Cesar L »

Will see chad, I may still go up and maybe youll drink too much and I can take your spot
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

That is HIGHLY likely Cesar. Also if any breeze creates a ripple on the water Chad will be looking to bail out because of the huge waves. :lol:
Good luck to both of you.