Table Rock Lake

bonsaibp

Table Rock Lake

Post by bonsaibp »

I'm going to Table Rock at the end of April. I'll be flying in and fishing out of a friends boat so I need to limit what I take. If anybody has fish Table Rock I'd like your opinion of what 5 rod/reel/bait set-ups I should bring.
I'll be there April 21-26.
jigginpig

Re: Table Rock Lake

Post by jigginpig »

we have done well in the mid and upper lake area around Kimberling on Eakins jigs, (BP&J, Missourri craw) french fry/centipede type baits on spinning tackle (pumpkin, green Pumpkin, cotton candy, smokes) Pointers and Stacees in chart. shad and ghost minnow, smoke grubs, and dropshot rigs with Roboworms in bold bluegill, new ayu, margarita mutilator, and Aron's majic.

also got 'em real good one time on 1/2 oz. black neon flipping jigs w/ full size red shad brushhog as a trailer, so who knows. as you move towards the river, spinnerbaits in shad colors, white, and chartreuse come on.

you should be able to find bed fish if thats your deal.

hope this helps. Table Rock is wonderful that time of year. try and get all four bass types...black, spot, smallie, and...MEANMOUTH!! you will know it is a meanmouth when you need to see a doctor for the separated sholder. (smallie/spot X) you may also see some wild turkeys. man, can I come? :lol:

good luck.

Shaun
Basscaster

Table Rock Lake

Post by Basscaster »

My dad had a house on Table Rock from 87 to 2000 so my info is a bit old.The Lake is clear, might be at the end of the spawn.Spawn usually starts April 15-April 28. I would ad Kimberling City Mo. to my home page weather section to watch spring weather. We were always able to swim in lake May1. Weather usually is cold(low 50's) early April and then around April 20th it gets warm- high 70's-low 80's. Fish can be in 5 feet and if night temps gets in 40's can back off to 20 feet. All Missouri lakes are Wiggle wart lakes especially Table Rock- V-38 my fav. green craw, Phantom craw(see thru) is good and watermelon seed wiggle wart along with red craw. Go to oldstromlures.com for color chart. 4 inch worms carolina rigged in watermellom wit 1/4 inch of tailed dyed with chart.garlic dye.There is a bunch of good websites for fishing reports, search table rock, ozarks fishing reports, Bigcedar lodge(Bas Pro resort)-talk to boat dock- midwesttournaments.com -24/7- missouri fishing reports, branson pages has some links to fishing reports. Also check water levels with normal pool 915.If its over 918 water might be the bushes. My computer crashed or I would have had 10 great sites. Also call Fin and feathers tackle shop in Springfield Mo. for info.They run a website called ztackle.com
bonsaibp

Post by bonsaibp »

Hey guys thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to this trip.
bonsaibp

Post by bonsaibp »

Hey guys thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to this trip.
GW

Post by GW »

Hit me up before your trip. We are moving to MO and I will have fished it for sure prior to your arrival. I wont be much help that soon but I can at least relay my experiences up to that point to you.
Basscaster

Post by Basscaster »

3/4 OZ football head jigs in brown with a purple flake yamo twin tail works good. Also some guys use semi topwaters a jointed redfin .They heat the back of the bill and take something level and push the bill back to make it a wakebait. They throw these things in wood or wood points in 15-25 feet of water- post spawn. You will have to find out colors,I never liked the cheap redfin but I have seen gold worked on cloudy days.