Delta Fishing?

durobi

Delta Fishing?

Post by durobi »

A group of us has made reservations to fish the Delta From 5/1 thru 5/8. We figured on this time since there is a full moon on 4/28 and the thought was that this would trigger a lot of spawners.However we did not plan on the weather and water being cooler than normal .
Does anyone know if the bite is turning on? Do you think we would be better of moving our date upto the 5/15 or?
Any help would be appreciated. :D
tunaman

Re: Delta Fishing?

Post by tunaman »

Come on out... the water's fine, and by then it should be wide open!

Here's a little keeper I got while fishing with my partner Coochie on a short day today:

They're starting to chew!

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
durobi

Post by durobi »

Tuna man, Nice Fish, Looks like the weather was great,
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Nice fishing BrothA Rog !!

Now tell everyone heree that you did not catch that LM @ that pole ......... You just released them there ! 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
durobi

Post by durobi »

If that is the pole I think it is, it should be named " Cooch's Pole". :D
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

That is true... but I also didn't catch that one in that place!!! Didn't even get that far! :shock:

Actually, I got on the water at 10:30, and since Coochie wasn't out working he decided to jump on also. We just planned to be out for a few hours and not go too far - ended up getting back at at 3:30. We caught a few others, and Andy broke a good one off, so it was a real nice midday break!

Roger
durobi

Post by durobi »

I'm pretty sure we have firmed up our reservations to 5/8 thru 5/15. Please let me know how you are doing if you get out again.
SKTR 20i

Post by SKTR 20i »

Hey Roger, time to work on that tan!!!!!!! 8) 8)

nice fish, John.
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Boy, John... don't you know it!!! I didn't realize that I hadn't yet acquired my customary base coat, and got myself fried in the pattern of my tank on Friday.

At least I got out again today with Big Josh and got to work on the overall base a bit... also caught a few fish. They're starting to show signs of life, that's for sure!

I was down at Russo's yesterday afternoon towards the tail end of the WCB weigh-in, and apparently 24 was leading it. However, it was 17# in second and down from there, so it is definitely a day-to-day struggle. It will be interesting to see how those folks did today, and what this impending storm coming in next week does to the bite again.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Marty

Post by Marty »

Roger, how did Big Josh do today?
bigjosh15

Post by bigjosh15 »

Marty wrote:Roger, how did Big Josh do today?
I didnt get any fish today Marty. I fished with Roger and had a great time. He caught a few, and I got a few bites. And we saw a handful of fish. But over all I had a great time with the Tunaman and learned a lot, and plan to do it again soon... Thanks again Roger.
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Marty wrote:Roger, how did Big Josh do today?
Josh did great, and we had a good day on the water. That young man is going to be a stick to watch for, that's for sure.

We'll get 'em next time, Josh! Thanks for coming along - you are a fine young man and will do well in your life!

Roger
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

DeltaDan wrote:Now tell everyone heree that you did not catch that LM @ that pole ......... You just released them there !
That ain't just any "pole" Doink! That damn Canadian hen sitting up in the nest of that pole won't let ya git with in 50 feet of that thing, much less cast towards it! LMAO!