What's with people trying to sell boats

Zak Elrite

What's with people trying to sell boats

Post by Zak Elrite »

for three times (or four times) more than their value? Just seen it a lot lately. Is it me or can you really get three times the NADA value on a late 80's or early 90's boat?(even doing boat, motor and trailer separate) Yes they've been kept nice.... but still. There have also been some great deals out there too, but I laugh at some the prices people try to charge for old boats. If just about all credit unions go by the NADA value when financing, wouldn't it stand to reason that it's a pretty solid method of determining value?

Just curious. Maybe I'm living under a rock .......
[b]Zak Elrite[/b]
Bagel Bar, Mercury Marine, Lowrance, Coyote Bait & Tackle, Ben Green Insurance, G-Funk Baits, Keitech, Spearpoint Hooks, Dobyns Rods, Lews Reels, Bucknbass
Leon Pugh

Re: What's with people trying to sell boats

Post by Leon Pugh »

No it is not. Just like some old cars it depends on what you are buying. I have no idea what what NADA value for my boat is but if you offered it to me I would laugh at you. However I have no interest in selling it. The market of supply and demand will always dictate what it is really worth.
Thank You Leon Pugh
leon.pugh@comcast.net
http://www.dobynsrods.com/
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

EVERYBODY"S boat is worth a ton of money........except mine. :lol:
XMAN

Post by XMAN »

YA ZAK, Its a joke what some try to get for them,,when i look for nada prices, if the boat is not much over 2k from average price, i will consider it,,at that price most boats go quick though,,but most want 5-8k over and they dont move,,central states prices are much better than calif prices,,like real close to nada,,also after doing abit of research a ranger after 5 years will lose 40-45% of value while a triton,nitro bass cat can lose up to 50-55%,,,save up and be patient,,it'll come.....X
Gator

Post by Gator »

Well, I will say this - there are times when NADA is just a "guide" - case in point my boat - a 94 Ranger - with a Yamaha Pro-V - at $3910

Now there is no options for alot of my accessories (Digital 109TM, 4 batteries, dual Lowrance Graphs w/GPS, deck extension, etc) or other things like quality and appearance of the boat. I would not think about selling it for less than $7500 (not that I am, just giving you an example)

Just food for thought