Sad news, a friend was taken today.

Homer

Sad news, a friend was taken today.

Post by Homer »

We have lost another great person, friend and fellow fisherman. Early this morning Tom Stout was loading up his car getting ready to fish the Top Stick Joes tournament. At approximately 4:00 he was struck by a car in front of his house. Tom passed away a short time later at the hospital. Tom Stout was a member of the Friends of Castaic for many years. His name always appeared on the volunteer list for the endless events we do. His two favorite events of the year were C.A.S.T. and the Kids Fun fishing Day. It was just three short weeks ago today that we stood shoulder to shoulder teaching kids how to catch fish at the Kids Fun Fishing day. Tom was tireless in his efforts to help put on these events and he would always say, “ I’ll do whatever it takes to get this doneâ€
"Weigh'em & Pay'em"
Mike Iljin
Castaic Bass CLub
DaveH

Re: Sad news, a friend was taken today.

Post by DaveH »

Man that's a shocker to be taken out like that....
I new Tom from talking to him over at Action Tackle and always ran into him at the lake, RIP Brother...
sTony

Post by sTony »

Tragic news indeed. Thoughts and prayers to the Stout family.

sTony
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Truely horible news!! Rest in Peace Tom.
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
Scott E.

Post by Scott E. »

My Lord! That is terrible and I am truly sorry. Scott
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

That's tragic. May God bless him.
Gator

Post by Gator »

Prayers go out to the Stout family
Sinjin Kim

Post by Sinjin Kim »

My heart goes out to his family and close friends. Sad news indeed.
S. Bailey

Post by S. Bailey »

Tom was a great guy and friend, i am truly sorry for his families loss. RIP Tom.
****BASS AKWARDS PRODUCTIONS **** Presents : The Big Bait Posse...Volume 1
The craziest Swimbait video in History. You have never seen so many giant swimbait fish jammed into one Action Packed DVD. Hope everybody enjoy's !!
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

Man what terrible news. Our prayers to the Stout family.
Schneider Fishing

Post by Schneider Fishing »

Wow!. Not much else explains the shock. Best wishes to the family and God Bless.
Robert Schneider
My wife is my real sponsor

www.PhenixBaits.com
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

never knew who " tom " was until i saw the picture, this is horrible news, i spoke to him MANY times on the water and in line at castaic. he had a backseater friend who he always took fishing with him, who was recovering from cancer, as myself.. he was always so nice and loved his time on the water, what a sad way to leave us, condolences to his family, i will say a prayer for him and their family tonight, tom you will be missed , god bless
DL

Post by DL »

God speed to Tom and may God bless his family and friends. :cry:
"Feel the steel"
Ron C

Post by Ron C »

This is horrible news. Tom was one of the REAL good guys. Our thoughts and prayers to Tom's family and friends.

God Bless You, Tom.
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

This is horrible news. We knew he was going to fish and with no cell reception at the lake we were unable to contact anyone nor be contacted by anyone. I am truly sorry to hear this and will be keeping his family in my prayers. Wish I could say more at this time but am in shock about it right now.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
John Barron

Post by John Barron »

That's absolutely horrible news Tom was a great guy, I'm at a lose for words.

Our hearts and prayers go out to his family.
John and Marla Barron
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

i had a hard time sleeping last night, thinking about the man tom stout was ! always willing to share his fishing spots and baits, just a good friendly person, what touched me the most about him was the fact he enjoyed the sport of fishing but he enjoyed sharing it with his friends more, i will always remember him telling me about his good friend, who was almost always with him at castaic on his backseat of his older champion, tom would let his friend launch his boat, so tom could do the walking up and down the ramp, since his friend was recovering from cancer, he told me how sick his friend was, and getting him on the water helped him forget his illness for a few hours while on the water... when i saw the picture of him helping the kids at the fishing derby, it really hit home....this was tom at his best, enjoying the children, helping them, teaching them the basics of fishing and showing them the compassion that even their familys did not show them... i still have a hard time thinking i will never see tom on his boat again... i cried and prayed myself to sleep last night thinking about tom, the funny thing i was never a " close " friend of tom's .... but he touched me dearly with his kindness.... anyone have a contact number or address so we could send some cards and letters to the stout family ? i know is looking down on us right now wondering what the hell happened, he was suppose to be fishing :wink: well tom your in the best fishing place heaven has to offer..... you will always be in my heart when im fishing your home lake of castaic, when i hold up my next fish to the sky, i will be showing it to you tom.... you will be missed my friend .... :cry: your friend phil and to tom's regular backseater who is recovering from cancer, PLEASE know you have a spot on my champion ANY TIME.... send me a pm if intrested..... god bless the stout family
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Here's the write up in the daily news on what happened, seem it was a drunk driver that hit him, I was hit and injured back in 96 by a drunk driver while working on the 101 freeway, the guy rear ended the back of my service truck doing over a hundred miles hour, I survived, never did find out what the guy was convicted of, I hope this guy See's some prison time.... http://www.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_15142157
longshot

Post by longshot »

wow this is very sad news. I am so sorry for the events that happened that sat morning and the loss of a great ambassador of our sport and I am sure by his actions he is loved dearly by his family and friends. :cry:
I always feel at risk when having to drive between 2-4 a.m. for either a tournament or fun fish because of the risk of drunk drivers and tired people on the road. We all need to be as carefull as we can from these IDIOTS.
LS
MrBones

Post by MrBones »

WOW....My heart goes out to Tom's family and close friends. I met him a few years back at the Walmart in Porter Ranch. We began to talk and he told me about the Friends of Castaic. That was a beginning of a new friendship and deep respect for him. He was a good man that you could take at face value without feeling he had a hidden agenda. This sad day is such a reminder how life is so precious and SHORT.
RIP Tom......

May heaven be filled with all of your loved ones and the lakes up there filled with WFO Double digits that fight for all eternity. For us....... We all still have to struggle to catch the dinks!

Rest assured Tom......You will not be forgotten and you really made a difference in many peoples lives!
Topwater Terry

Post by Topwater Terry »

When I first started fishing the local lakes back in 1994, I would always see Tom hanging out at Action Tackle in Mission Hills, chatting with Val. For several years I did not even know his name, just knew him as the friendly dude that hung out at the tackle store. I then saw him in front of his place in Granada Hills, and thought "that's who Tom is!" He kept asking me about FOCL everytime I would see him, and I kept telling him to come on out to a meeting sometime, and then he finally did. He became one of our most active members, especially when it came to fishing activities such as CAST and the kids trout fishing day, and also helped man our booth at the Fred Hall show. Wow, this is a terrible loss, just makes you understand that it could happen at any time...catch plenty at that big pond in the sky, Tom...
DPetty

Post by DPetty »

Prayers sent.
smpboy

Post by smpboy »

DPetty wrote:Prayers sent.
ditto
Jerry Fournier

Post by Jerry Fournier »

After reading everything you all wrote about him " What a Great person". I did not know him...I wish I did....the world could use more of us to walk on this planet like he did. May God put him on the best bass water ever. May peace come to his family and all his friends.

Jerry
CATCHEMCARO

Post by CATCHEMCARO »

Some one needs to teach the little angles how to fish and from what I know about Tom, that's probably what he's doing now. Sorry for our loss. Thanks for the post.
Rich
WWW.SCBBBC.COM
http://catchemcarobaits.com/index.html
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Sinjin Kim wrote:My heart goes out to his family and close friends. Sad news indeed.
+1
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
ROBTOMLIN

Post by ROBTOMLIN »

Wow how sad is this. Bill Simental told me today but I couldnt put a name with the face. Its funny how we just see a guy at the lake or the tournament or vals and talk a million times. A fixture in our fishing world is gone I will miss the conversations with him. Half of the fun fishing is the time spent talking with the guys we enjoy. R.I.P Tom
froteur

Post by froteur »

deepest condolences. :cry: :cry:
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

The servives for Tom Stout are Friday, May 28 at 11:00AM, Crawford Mortuary, 8717 Tampa Ave, Northridge, CA 91324, phone 818/349.9701
Friends are invited to share the love for Tom and his family at Marie Callendars Restraunt, 19301 Business Center Dr & Tampa, following the services; phone 818/993.0704
Tom was a good family man, a friend to everyone he met.
Tom
R. Duzac

Post by R. Duzac »

Just reading the stories from everyone on her who may have only met him for a short moment somehow he managed to touch them in such a positive way. That's one heck of a legacy.

My heart also goes out to Stout family and friends.

Rene[/quote]