Pros soft bait glue

catchnrelease

Pros soft bait glue

Post by catchnrelease »

Have you guys tried Pros Soft Bait Glue? I'd like to try this product to save some bucks on torn up senkos and other plastics. Maybe even make some cool new flip bait with my left over bait pieces. Waddya think about this product? Thanks.
C.
Barry

Pro glue

Post by Barry »

I tried it on a small swim bait. It is another version of super glue. Worked fine BUT use it sparingly. Almost glued my finger to the bait when some squezzed out. Good luck...Barry
Corn

Re: Pros soft bait glue

Post by Corn »

Love that stuff. Saved a lot of plastic lures for me. But just use a very small amount. You don't need much and it dries fast.
Cooch

I'll echo the same results!

Post by Cooch »

It really works well, and it takes very little ta git the job done!
Hitman

Soft bait pro glue

Post by Hitman »

Where can you get it? I've been looking in all the local tackle shops but no one seems to carry it....plz advise.

Hitman :?:
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
Cooch

Try this Hitman..........

Post by Cooch »

They are one of this site's sponsors, here's their web link. They have a list of California dealers or you can order right there online.

http://www.prosoftbaitglue.com/
Steve

Same as super glue

Post by Steve »

I bought the pro soft stuff and as far as I can tell its the same as super glue.
Corn

Re: Pros soft bait glue

Post by Corn »

It sure does smell and act like Super Glue. Has anyone tried a direct comparison?
catchnrelease

Good posts guys!

Post by catchnrelease »

I was also wondering if it was the same as that super glue product you see in every hardware store. That stuff is cheaper. I guess I'll just have to try the cheap version myself and go from there. Thanks for the replys!
C.
Gator

It is similar but not the same.....

Post by Gator »

It uses the same main component, cyanoacrylate, but it uses a different formulation to keep it softer and less brittle than standard super glues. It is a good product, well worth the added expense.

Here is the section from their FAQ -

Q: Is PRO's Soft~Bait Glue just relabeled Super-type, Krazy-type, and Insta type cyanoacrylate glues that will just dry up on me after a 2 to 4 uses?

A: NO. Please, do not confuse us with some of the less expensive over the counter brands of glue that do not bond, dry brittle, hard and crusty, and dry up quickly after opening. Not all glues are alike and work on everything. Ours is just one of hundreds of Cyanoacrylate formulations just as Johnny Walker Red is a different brew than Johnny Walker, isn't it? I have demonstrated my glue at Sportman's shows and have kept the bottle open for 8 to 10 hours at a time without drying out in the tip or bottle. With PRO's Soft~Bait Glue, just 1 small drop is all you need for repairs on baits and other things, keeping it economical for you. Occasionally, you will as I do, have to peel excess glue off the tip. This is normal with glues, but ours stays liquid even when you have to unclog the bottle tip over extended time periods.

Tech Answer: Our glue is formulated to withstand more consumer abuse and guaranteed fresh. It contains less moisture so as not to dry out in the bottle for up to 1 full year if kept capped/push-pinned and out of extreme hot temperatures and direct sunlight.