FLW Roosevelt is around the corner..

TEAMDEADMONEY

FLW Roosevelt is around the corner..

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Well I have some extra money to put to a tournament so I was trying to figure out which tournament would be best to fish for my money...
I thought about doing the US open as a Co Angler, that was until I was told about the payouts for the FLW events.
Clearly FLW has the better paybacks with 1-3 paid...as opposed to 1-5 with WON.

So I put my money into the hat for the FLW event at Roosevelt..

Im pretty far down the list (80th) on the co side but they only have like 40 signed up so I should be fine, BUT, If they dont get to my name by sept 1st then Ill have to find a pro to sign up with after the 1st.
If you are planning on signing up after the 1st or know a pro that is, please let me know so we can be paired together to guarantee my spot on the co side..
I know its 2 months away but I really want to go fish this tournament...it sounds like a blast!!

I wish I had a sponsor to help pay for the $2000 entry so I could do it on the pro side , but I dont and the $2000 is out of the budget. Damn if I had someone paying even 1/2, Id swing it. :?

Thank you,

Pete 8)
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
Brian Linehan

Re: FLW Roosevelt is around the corner..

Post by Brian Linehan »

Well, if you'd cash a damn check every once in a while, you just might have it! JK
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Heyyyy...Me and Carissa won the last tournament in May...sheeesh.

Pete 8)
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

maybe Hippie will sponsor you!
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Its gonna be tough getting sleep during the tournament with Guy and Jason in the bed next to me doing god knows what!! ... :shock: :shock: :shock: Eeeeeuuuuuuuuuuu....

Pete 8)
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Pete, Get on the phone and start looking for a Pro partner. There is no way you will get in that tournament as 80th on the waiting list.

First off, I doubt there will be 120 boats. Secondly, there will be all the other guys above and below you on the waiting list looking for a pairing partner.

Good luck. You made a good choice. FLW is a great organization and you will never look back after fishing one of their events. You guys should all look toward fishing as a boater next year as I am pretty sure we will be getting our events back to the non-touring pro level. Strens or BFLS will be our replacement for the loss of the Guard Series.
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

yeah I plan to start aggressively making calls..
But I do think that this event may fill up to 150 because those AZ boys like to rock on their home water...

Pete 8)
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

If that would miraculously happen (being that it will be the first Series event to fill since 2007) you will be in. They will only allow guys to guarantee in that are under the 150 tournament limit. As you are on the list below 150 you will be in. Good luck again and I hope you So. Cal guys go out there and whip up on those Arizona boys (no offense Arizona boys) :lol:
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Yeah... either way..I hope I get in...It sounds like a blast.!!

Pete 8)
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Robert F wrote: Strens or BFLS will be our replacement for the loss of the Guard Series.

Oh Yippieeeeeeee, we can be happy about a down grade for the west coast!
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Does the West coast deserve having the National Guard series??

They lowered the entry fees and it still doesnt fill up..

It probably just doesnt make sense for the FLW to have that series here anymore because of low turnouts..
Everone of their series back East fills up but here on the west coast they lowered the entry fees and they still have only drawn 140, 99 and 117..

Its a shame they that they wont bring back both the Guard series and the strens to accomodate the two price ranges but its probably just not worth it to them..

Pete 8)
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Pete,
Actually the tour hasnt been full all year and some of the american fishing series events have had less than stellar turnouts...99 boats in April for southeast.
I think The West does deserve a series, and for that matter one of the tour or open events on the west coast.
It seems to me the series is being replaced both east and west with Opens. 25 percent of the current FLW Tour Anglers on the pro side are from texas to the west...makes sense to me that an event should be held out west...
See ya at Roosevelt it should be a fun one.
Smitty
leachman90

Post by leachman90 »

You are right about the pay backs as far as th FLW-US OPEN over all. But if you are fishing as a co or AAA I will go ahead and fish my 1st OPEN. If for no other reason because I will pay $300.00 less (which is what gas will cost me to get there 1 way almost) and I think there are 5 "big fish" awarded each day? And these fish pay $2000.00 a piece which I thinks levels the pay-out just a bit? As for the FLW, they are not paying "big fish" money this year and when they did it didn't seem like much money. The last "big fish" I got was on the Columbia where I got a whopping $188.00. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not bashing the FLW I just don't think it is the only game in town right now. As most of you know I would fish every FLW event if I could. I have made some of my best friends because of the FLW and I don't say that lightly.God bless...Jim
www.insideline.net/index.php/forum
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

TEAMDEADMONEY wrote:Does the West coast deserve having the National Guard series??

They lowered the entry fees and it still doesn't fill up..
Everybody called me an idiot when I said fields would be smaller this year after the entry fee reduction. Guess what happened? The problem is the 2 grand entry to fish a top level event is too small.

There is a different boater at the Stren/BFL level than at the NG level. Just a fact. Yeah, you may get a large group of cherry pickers at the right tournament but Roosevelt is not it. The only western venues that will draw the cherry pickers are Clear Lake and the Delta in the spring.

Those Arizona guys have already felt the sting of missing a check in the Stren last year(which by the way they didn't fill). Add to that FLW took away the East/West fishoff and tightened up the Cup qualification, everybody that is not close to qualifying for the Cup from Nor. Cal. will skip the trip.

If the Guard tournament comes close to full it will be a miracle.
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Robert.. you have a good point here..

Quote.

"Add to that FLW took away the East/West fishoff and tightened up the Cup qualification, everybody that is not close to qualifying for the Cup from Nor. Cal. will skip the trip."

That is a posibility..

Pete 8)
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

As pointed out to me, I said the fields were smaller this year over last. That is a mistake. They are larger BUT not full as I was told by many (including Chris Hoover) would happen.

Any way you look at it the Series change is a fail. I agree with Rich that the Tour should make a western swing but it will not happen. The tournament director for FLW says the east coast guys will not come out here. Maybe if we keep asking and show them we can support their product with the best American fishing fields in the series they will swing an open Tour stop through in a couple of years.
Jason Milligan

Post by Jason Milligan »

How are you ever supposed to make enough money fishing the American Fishing Series or BFL's to get out on tour? The money is just not there in the AFS series. The West NEEDS a series... Maybe down the road...
hippie

Post by hippie »

The NG is needed out here the pay backs rock you may have to gamble more but the check speaks for itself. Roose won't fill lay off the crack pipe. Heard many guys asking the question at the delta why am I fishing still im in no qualifing position for the cup. If you can afford it and enjoy tournament fishing and are in any means a competitor youd be stupid not to support the NG. You get to fish against most of the best west coast anglers and if your on you get a decent pay back. 1and 3 double your money can't go wrong there
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

You have that right Jason... 1-3 payback can NOT be beat..

Looking forward to it...I hope I get in...

Pete 8)
flippenfool

Post by flippenfool »

Jason Milligan wrote:How are you ever supposed to make enough money fishing the American Fishing Series or BFL's to get out on tour? The money is just not there in the AFS series. The West NEEDS a series... Maybe down the road...
J,
Your right on the money,
Mike Moreno
http://www.revengebaits.com/
http://www.teamccmarine.com/
http://shop.peregrine250.com/
http://www.stcroixrods.com/
http://www.jigssnakebitebaits.com
http://MonsterFishingTackle.com