The Pro-Teen today...

Jason C.

The Pro-Teen today...

Post by Jason C. »

Man what a BLAST!!! I think I had more fun fishing this event as a boater then I ever have!!! Its a very cool feeling to have the proteen be the reason I even started bass fishing and then being able to fish as a boater for this wonderful event!

I Drew Kyle Burke. VERY cool kid! We got along great and were joking all day! He did the honors of getting the skunk out of the boat 1st thing this morning. We caught fish all day long unfortunately he couldnt get any to go 12, and I was only able to get just barely keepers. But we had fun none the less!

Cooch thanks for continueing to put on this even! I look forward to fishing it every single year!

Also Thanks to all the sponsors that make this event possible!
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
Cooch

Re: The Pro-Teen today...

Post by Cooch »

Jason, thank you for comming out and further persuing the cause of the C. O. Pro-Teen Classic. Today, we set a record. This record, is the epitome of what this event is all about, promoting and introducing teens to bass fishing here in California!

You, along with 4 other boaters who participated as pros today, were previous teen contestants at one time in prior years. To you Jason, as well as Ryan Thoni, Morgan Proescher, John Clark & Jonathan Bradshaw I send out the biggest thanks and a strong word of continued success to all 5 of you! You guys are AWESOME, and the spot dead on proof, that this event is working it's magic and opening the eyes of teens to the sprot of bass fishing! My hat's off to you guys and I love ya all like sons!
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

I would have to agree, the Pro-Teen Event was AWESOME!!!!! It was my first time fishing the event and I will be back next year. Not only did I have a great time out on the water, but the BBQ, awards, and raffle were awesome. I noticed most of the participants, thier families, and the pro's stayed around until the end. Thanks Cooch, Western Bass and everyone else who put in the time to put this great event on. Kelly Smith - aka Lugnut
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
lcates

Post by lcates »

man i was bummed out i was left on the dock.This is my super bowl and i missed out.But hung around for the weigh in and bbq.Cooch thanks again for a great event it was a blast watching all the kids weigh in their fish.The one thing i thought went wrong was the few pros that didnt come down to weigh the fish with teens because of small bags its really not about that on this day its all about the teens so please guys take the time to finish the event with your teen maybe even hang aroud with them alittle after the weigh in they really enjoy that again thanks cooch and crew for everything u do to put this on i really enjoy this event every year
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

A big thank you to Cooch for putting on this event, and all of the behind the scenes volunteers, Rodger, Mona, Chuck Russo and his crew for hosting the event, and the Parents of the Teens for supporting them and encouraging them to come out and fish.

It was great to see some of these boyz turning into young men, and Jason C running around without a pin :shock:

Very Cool event, and I am already counting down the days until the next one 363 and counting
Spookin'Em43

Post by Spookin'Em43 »

lcates wrote:The one thing i thought went wrong was the few pros that didnt come down to weigh the fish with teens because of small bags its really not about that on this day its all about the teens so please guys take the time to finish the event with your teen maybe even hang aroud with them alittle after the weigh in they really enjoy that
+1
Derrick Hicks

Humboldt State University-FLW College Series

I Proudly Endorse:
Dobyn's Rods, RBBassfishing, Abu Garcia, El Grande Lures, Trilene, Berkely, D&M Baits, Zipper Worms, Rod Glove, Tackle Warehouse, HatCams
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

ash wrote: It was great to see some of these boyz turning into young men, and Jason C running around without a pin :shock:
I warned him not to drop the pin when he was pulling off the prop - what I didn't do was to warn him not to drop the pin as he was putting on the prop! :lol: :lol:

Which reminds me - I think he owes someone a pin. Please let me know who baled him out (and thank you for your kindness!!)
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
Marty

Post by Marty »

Hey Ken – hope you stay around some – nice to see you again!
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

I stop in now & then, just been real busy but things are starting to settle down at work. The calm before the storm! Trying to get back into bassin' again. :wink: .

It was good to see you and everyone I had a chance to talk to again and hope to see y'all again soon. (It'd be nice to see a bass again too!!!) :mrgreen:
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

The guys name I belive was John Bradford. He is on the Bait Barn Pro Staff I belive as well! John, If you are reading this, THANKS!!
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]