Navionics Chip Issue?

NitroSport

Navionics Chip Issue?

Post by NitroSport »

While fishing CL Saturday, on multiple occasions we idled right over the top of what the Navionics chip in our LMS 480m told us were underwater piles/mounds going from around 30' - 13'. Problem was, when we'd drive over these phantom structures, it was dead flat. Our GPS position was accurate with how close we were to shore or when entering an inlet, so I'm sure it was showing us in the right place, but every piece of structure we tried to find on that thing turned out to be a moonscape.

Anyone have this issue or have any idea what the deal is? Is the cheap just dead wrong? I hate wasting 20 minutes idling around in circles like a drunk out there & we just haven't had the time off to prefish enough to eliminate fake structure.

Thanks guys,
Chriss
owent

Re: Navionics Chip Issue?

Post by owent »

Had the same problem with navionics. No depth change when we idled over what appeared to be offshore structure. Tried five different spots.
philip garcia

Post by philip garcia »

the navionics chip is dead on pretty much everywhere accept clearlaake. Only about 25% of the structure is acurate on the chip at clearlake. I don't know why they made all of those humps that are not there but you still need to check because there are some that are on there. There is also lots of structure and humps that are not on the map either so you really have to pay attention to your electronics to find those special spots. idleing around is an important part of fishing at clearlake until you figure it out.
cbwiii

Post by cbwiii »

Is there a better chip for Clear Lake?
Have they done any up-dates in the past few years? :?: