My mom says that Bill Siemantel saved her life!..

Lynne

My mom says that Bill Siemantel saved her life!..

Post by Lynne »

Last Saturday my mom was super weak, vomiting, dizzy and generally not feeling well. She has a host of medical issues one of them is a serious lung infection right now.

I decided that I could not go to Diamond Valley to run our last of the season event with Mike and instead that my mom needed me. Dan and Megan said that she would take over and help Mike along with Dale to run the event. This is the first event that I can remember not going to with Mike in 9 years.

Once I got down to my mom (Mt Heliz area) she was sicker than I had thought. I checked her blood pressure and gave her some meds since her blood pressure was high.

Just then my cell phone rang and it was Bill Siemantel....(the Lord's perfect timing)...randomly calling out of the blue....just as my mom was getting sicker and now complaining of chest pain and refusing to let me call 911. I told him about her symtoms and that I thought that she was dehydrated. He, being a GREAT PERSON, a GREAT FIREMAN and an HONEST FISHERMAN, told me to take her blood pressure lying down, sitting up and standing up. Her blood pressure varied tremendously. I was still trying to make my mom go to the ER and/or threatening to call 911....she said absolutely not.....then I had Bill talk with her and he let her know all the "bad" things that could and would happen. He encouraged her to at minimum call her doctor. She called her doctor and soon we were off to the ER. The staff at Mercy Hospital took her immediately back started stabilizing her. They admitted her with severe dehydration and pneumonia. We are seeing baby steps in her improvement.

I do want to thank BILL for being there for us and to all that have called and kept my mom in their prayers.

Sorry you had to wait so long for the results.....
Here are the results for last weekends Diamond Valley Night event.....one fish only with a $40 entry fee ($20 big bass option)

Pat Water/Bill Plains 6.98 $400
Abel Svitavsky/Huy Truong 6.43 $315
Willy & Matthew Waller 6.41 $245
Kyle Eady/J. Sergent 5.90 $180
James Smiley/Josh Park 5.85 $100
Rickey Graham (fishing alone) 5.30
gary Butts/Craig Dromgoole 5.29
Joe Uribe, Jr./Danny Uribe 5.23
Tucker Clarke/Sal Blydenburgh 4.66 $150 mystery weight
George and Margaret Fedor 4.64
Dan Shoemaker/Rob Dickson 4.54
Darrell Jordan/Richard Troncatti 4.48
Steve Barnett/Daniel McDow 4.46
Fred Vecht/Todd Gardettl 4.44
Joe Pack/Brett McGee 4.29
James Fenney/Ryan Herener 4.2
Dave & Gloria Zimmerman 4.00
Joe Nguyen/Jeff Whitten 3.94
Ray Mayo/Jeff Woods 3.92
David & Brandy Danel
Tony Lain/Ricky Shabazz 3.73
Rick Davis/Richard Frank 3.70
Tim Irwin/Brian Reeves 3.65
Santiago Reyna/Josh Brady 3.63
vern Topkov/Brian Borde 3.42
Ron Welch (fishing alone) 3.33
Chris & Jacob Freeman 3.21 $150 mystery weight
Kenny & Ken Webb 3.08
Gabriel Diaz/Cassidy Bean 3.03
Stephen Szuloaga/Brent Buckingham 2.94
Garrett Howard/Bill Plains, Jr. 2.92
Matt Magnon/Gabe Melendez 2.86
Steve Lindner/Tammy Morrow 2.84
Roger Pluff/Danny Moraga 2.69
Phil Nail/Mike Buchanan 2.65
John Dofflamyer/Steve Rudas 2.64
Randy Estrada, MD/Gill Bowman 2.64
henry & Barbara Moody 2.59
Mike Ritchea/Doug Cripe 2.51
Ray O'Toole/Lawrence Marino 2.27
Steve Hall/Richard Atanay 2.10
Robert Thomas/Quincy Lewis 1.69
Henry Jiora (fishing alone) (no weight) $150 mystery BOAT!
The rest of the teams did not weigh any fish in.

Thank you to those that participated in our events this summer. They were super fun and super successful.

Mike and I have one more event at Castaic this coming Friday for FRIENDS OF CASTAIC LAKE and then we are off on vacation for a little R & R with our 3 grandkids in Idaho.....that is of course if my mom gets better....... come on mom!

Blessings to you all and thanks for all of your friendships.

Lynne Peterson
Jim V.

Re: My mom says that Bill Siemantel saved her life!..

Post by Jim V. »

Prayers & a speedy recovery to your mom.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Sorry to hear about your mom Lynne. Glad bill helped out and got your mom on the path of reality to help herself. Hope she has a speedy recovery!!
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
Andrew Jackson

Post by Andrew Jackson »

Very cool. Aint it awesome how He works. Nice to hear she is doing better.
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

I hope your mom gets better Lynne :)

GJ Pat and Bill. I heard you guys yelling all the from across of the lake when you caught her.. Nice fish
szuloaga

Post by szuloaga »

Hey Lynne,

Good to hear your mother is doing much better! All of the night events I had the chance of fishing this year were all so much fun and what a huge thank you I owe to you, Mike and the rest of the crew for an awesome summer experience. I plan on being apart of them from here on out. Take good care and plan to hear back from you in the coming month or so right?

Steve
Sinjin Kim

Post by Sinjin Kim »

Great story. Not only does Bill serve as a great ambassador to the sport of bass fishing, he risks his life to help others as a fire fighter. Bravo Zulu!
hippie

Post by hippie »

WOW thats awesome LYNN the only thing that strikes me funny is URIBE JR catching a fish bigger than him a 5.23. Thats fish had to be at least 3" bigger than him on his tippie toes