weekend weather change

Kevin Evans - Kap

weekend weather change

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

do you think this cool weather coming will help the bite or slow it down?

Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
Riplip

Re: weekend weather change

Post by Riplip »

Yep.

Just kidding...I have no idea :?
If you always do what you did, you will always get what you got!

www.californiaresrvoirlures.com
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

I think it will slow it down. once it stablizes for a few days then the bite will get good. Cooler water tempratrues will bring em shallower as fall set in. usally for a brief time as winter rolls in fast most often.
just shut up and fish
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Kevin Evans - Kap wrote:do you think this cool weather coming will help the bite or slow it down?
As compared to what Kap? LOL Where you out this week and the bite was good? Or did ya hear reports of it being tough? The only thing constant with the weather in California this year, is that it's been consistantly, inconsistant and constantly changing. With that said, I see NO CHANGES in our weather patterns! LOL

Here's what I say, go fish the moment! Bass live in the "now", it's up to the angler ta git out there and be willing to adjust and figure out how ta catch em! Today we had a great topwater bite tossing the white injected punkers. Great by my standards right now was a total of 6 fish, from 4-6 pounds in 6 hours from sun up to noon. In that blazing heat yesterday, zero topwater, zero jig and zero punchin fish. Then at 1:00pm, I went to the Kreature and caught 30 bass over a two hour stretch pitching to the outside of the Perrywinkle canopies in 6-8 feet. No giants, lotta 10-14 inchers, but the three 4 pounders in one lil cut made fer an awesome day on the river! Last Thursday catchin sucked, it really sucked, 15 fish all day and not a single bass over 2 pounds.

I will say this, the cooler temps will bring the stripers back with a vengance over the weekend! It was fairly decent early in the mornings until the past three smokin hot days hit! LOL

I like the cool weather, so to answer yer question, Absolutely YES, the changing weather will improve my experiences fishing this weekend!!!!!!!!!!
Sinjin Kim

Post by Sinjin Kim »

I sincerely hope the cooler weather brings back the bite. The last few days out at the Lagoon has been very tough. Full moon, high temps and no wind created extremely tough conditions. Only a few fish here and there on plastics. The great topwater bite completely died off, as well as the jig bite.

The high barometric pressure associated with the soaring heat wave would be my main guess as to why the bite has been tough at the Lagoon, but it seems other lakes like DVL has been on fire. You just never now with these fish. As Cooch said, we should all just go out when we can and do our best to pattern the fish. I believe when the fishing is tough, the learning curve increases dramatically as it will cause us to really think creatively to catch fish during tough outings.
SpookFreak

Post by SpookFreak »

I hear at Castaic since they are pumping in cold water from Pyramid it kinda shut the bass down. The serface temp is around 75. Idk why they are letting in so much water but it is having an effect on the bite. Usually they are drawing down the water this time of the year so there is room for water in the rainy season. Unless they are expecting a dry winter which I heard might be the case either way Castaic has been slow for me.
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

The problem with weather changes this summer is that the temp differences are so major! For example - the last heat spell went from high 70's to 106-108 in three days, and then in three more days - back to MID - 70's today (Saturday). That ain't central valley weather!!! And talk about weird - at a SF Giants game this week - it was 85 degrees there at 10 pm and 81 in Sacramento and 82 in Stockton at the same time. Go figure!!!!
tandemblades

Post by tandemblades »

Cooch wrote:
Kevin Evans - Kap wrote:do you think this cool weather coming will help the bite or slow it down?
As compared to what Kap? LOL Where you out this week and the bite was good? Or did ya hear reports of it being tough? The only thing constant with the weather in California this year, is that it's been consistantly, inconsistant and constantly changing. With that said, I see NO CHANGES in our weather patterns! LOL

Here's what I say, go fish the moment! Bass live in the "now", it's up to the angler ta git out there and be willing to adjust and figure out how ta catch em! Today we had a great topwater bite tossing the white injected punkers. Great by my standards right now was a total of 6 fish, from 4-6 pounds in 6 hours from sun up to noon. In that blazing heat yesterday, zero topwater, zero jig and zero punchin fish. Then at 1:00pm, I went to the Kreature and caught 30 bass over a two hour stretch pitching to the outside of the Perrywinkle canopies in 6-8 feet. No giants, lotta 10-14 inchers, but the three 4 pounders in one lil cut made fer an awesome day on the river! Last Thursday catchin sucked, it really sucked, 15 fish all day and not a single bass over 2 pounds.

I will say this, the cooler temps will bring the stripers back with a vengance over the weekend! It was fairly decent early in the mornings until the past three smokin hot days hit! LOL

I like the cool weather, so to answer yer question, Absolutely YES, the changing weather will improve my experiences fishing this weekend!!!!!!!!!!
On the money on this one boss, did not have confidence going out saturday but turned out to be a great day with the weather change! Didn't have to put the spinner bait down will around 2pm