We have lost Sandy Young

kb

We have lost Sandy Young

Post by kb »

I just received a message from Dee Thomas and told me that we have lost Sandy Young. It appears that Sandy had been sick for several weeks, had a kidney stone that she couldn't detect that caused her kidneys to fail.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Mark and their family.

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
Jerry Fournier

Re: We have lost Sandy Young

Post by Jerry Fournier »

Mark I am so sorry... I pray that God will help heal you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jerry
Marty

Post by Marty »

This is just real hard news to handle, just when to dinner with Sandy, Mark, and Jessie last month after the Frog Tournament. Sandy was so full of life and always had a smile for everyone. This again is real hard news to take.

My prayers go out to you Mark. I’m really sorry!
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I am so saddened to hear this. Sandy was an amazing woman. She had more determination and drive than most anyone I have ever met. She helped me a lot dealing with living in a wheelchair. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Marc and the family. If there is anything Marc needs please let me know.

Jesse Ochoa
Mike

Post by Mike »

Oh my God! This is terrible news :cry: Sandy was a great lady. I always looked forward to seeing her at the tournaments and Rosita's. She will be dearly missed. Mark, what can I say man........ I'm very sorry. Please let us know details on any services.

Rest in piece Sandy. You will be missed.....

Mike
Last edited by Mike on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OG on WB since 1993
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

OMG this is terrible... my condolences...
Phil Burgess

Post by Phil Burgess »

wow....... my thoughts and prayers go out to your family............ sandy always had a smile and a kind word for everyone.....
ILL RIDE TO HELL AND BACK WITH YOU BOYS!!!!!!!!!!
whazup

Post by whazup »

Judging from the posts already made, she must have been an amazing lady. Some of us didn't have the pleasure of knowing her however. Could someone briefly speak as to who she was, and how she impacted so many? My condolences to those who love her.
Last edited by whazup on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
Gator

Post by Gator »

Marc - I am so sorry

The world has lost a beautiful person - she was so full of life......

DAMMIT
Spookin'Em43

Post by Spookin'Em43 »

This is so sad! I saw her at the Delta for FLW and she complemented my Humboldt State shoes I had made and she was at the pro-teen and she said hi, just a super nice lady and always had a smile on her face! So sad to hear this! :cry: my condolences
Derrick Hicks

Humboldt State University-FLW College Series

I Proudly Endorse:
Dobyn's Rods, RBBassfishing, Abu Garcia, El Grande Lures, Trilene, Berkely, D&M Baits, Zipper Worms, Rod Glove, Tackle Warehouse, HatCams
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I met Sandy years ago when we use to race.

This hurts.

I'm so so sorry Marc.
I had to come back...I know...
Long Nguyen

Post by Long Nguyen »

My condolences to the Young family. This news really saddens me.

Sandy was a great woman, always so giving unselfishly. I recall a couple years ago during the CBAF Toys For Troop drive...in the soaking rain she was there helping others and bringing a mess of toys for children.

She always had a smile on her face and a "hello", even if she didn't know you.

You will be missed Sandy. God speed.
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

The first time I ever met the Youngs was 8 or 9 years ago, fishing the Hook tournaments out of Orwood resort. They both were(are) extremely nice people who would always give a smile and wave, and also could catch the hell outa the fish. She was a picture perfect example of perserverence, drive, and optimism with a smile on her face even through the January and February tournaments. She will be greatly missed.

I'll be praying for you and your family, Marc. I'm really sorry to hear this. God be with you.

Sincerely,
Andy
ASD

Post by ASD »

She was at the pro-teen and I talked to her for a little about her 4x4 van. She was very nice! My condolences to her famley and friends
Homer

Post by Homer »

I jetski raced with Sandy for Team Coffman many, many years ago. She has always been an inspiration to anyone that had the good fortune of meeting her. All through the years, Sandy's determination and will power were only surpassed by her friendliness and high spirits. My condolences and thoughts go out to her family and friends.

Sincerely,
Mike Iljin
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

I talked to Sandy several times at various tournaments. She was a very nice person. What a loss. Prayers to the Young family.
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
flippenfool

Post by flippenfool »

Marc,
Our condolences go out to you and your family, my wife and I can't even believe what we are reading. We are as many others are very sad for your loss. If there is anything we can do please let us know.
Mike Moreno
http://www.revengebaits.com/
http://www.teamccmarine.com/
http://shop.peregrine250.com/
http://www.stcroixrods.com/
http://www.jigssnakebitebaits.com
http://MonsterFishingTackle.com
BSmith

Post by BSmith »

Marc,

From those of us at Anglers Choice our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. We have lost a great "Ambassador" to the sport of bass fishing.
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

WOW - I am so very sorry to hear this! Sandy was a classy lady and competitor, and a true inspiration. She will be missed dearly.

My heart goes out to Marc for his loss - God bless you both.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Our families best wishes to Marc and everone else for the Young Family in this truly mind blowing, utterly devastating and most unfortunate news of her passing.

She will be more than missed- And Greatly Remembered.
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
kb

Post by kb »

I have had such an empty feeling today since Dee left me that message. Last weekend it was Diane Leber and now this weekend Sandy.

She was my biggest supporter of Ultimate Bass, she never missed a show and usually always caught it at 5am. She always came and gave me a hug at tournaments, sport shows or anywhere I saw her and Marc.

The day I met her was at the Sacramento ISE Show and Dee called me over as he was working the Sawyer Cook booth and he told me "this lady really wants to meet you boy.....I have no idea why and I told her you weren't that big a deal" and then he laughed his butt off and introduced me to Sandy and we had a really nice talk and have on several occasions since that day.

Sandy was my messanger and whenever I took a little shot at Dee on the show I knew she would make sure he knew what I said..

If any of you saw the True Bass Show that Dee and I did or ever listen to my show you know I have a great deal of respect for Dee but I always knew Sandy would relay my shot at him and she would laugh every time we talked about it.

I can't believe we won't be seeing Sandy at tournaments, shows etc....that is just such an empty feeling. Marc I don't know what to say like everyone else and your loss is such a shock.

I haven't talked to Gene but I want to sponsor a trophy for the big fish of the year in the Hook tournaments and call it the "Sandy Young Annual Big Bass Award" in her memory. I know you guys spent alot of time fishing the Hook events early on and would like that award to carry Sandy's name...

We have lost a great friend, supporter and ambassador to our sport in Sandy.

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
basshunter4u

Post by basshunter4u »

Hey KB this is the reason you are the ambassator of this sport. The "Sandy Young Annual Big Bass Award" What a great idea to honor such a wonderfull woman. Sandy always had a smile on her face. tears comming to my eyes will make this post shorter than I wanted. Sandy if you hear us we will miss you dearly and our hearts will have an empty spot in them forever. you will be dearly missed

DO
never give up, be possitive and patient, and you will be rewarded
Brian

Post by Brian »

Marc,

My condolances, I will miss my short conversations with Sandy at the ABA Delta tournies when I would hold the boat while Marc went to park the van. She was a very nice lady and will be missed by all who knew her.
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Marc,
I'm very sorry for your loss. She was a very sweet women. I wish that I would have talked to her more as I always seen her at events, this is truely a loss for all.

Kent, what an excellent idea!

Walker ~
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
Romeo D

Post by Romeo D »

Marc,
I am truly saddened to hear about your loss. It was always nice to see you two at the tournaments. Sandy always had a smiled and waved hello even though she did not know me. It did not matter if it was miserable, cold and raining during the Hook tournaments either.
My condolences to you and your family, she will truly be missed.
Romeo
John Barron

Post by John Barron »

Wow.............
Our condolences to Mark and all the family
John and Marla Barron
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products
DPetty

Post by DPetty »

A very tragic loss to bass fishing and the world in general. She as all have said was a very special person and will be very missed by all. Our prayers go out to Marc and his family. God bless you all.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

not a good way to start the week. My condolences to Marc and their entire family....as well as all who knew her. She will be missed.

That's an awesome idea KB.

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
sTony

Post by sTony »

Heartbreaking news. My condolences to Marc and family. Never to be forgotten, Sandy left a lasting impression on everyone she met and was a dear friend to many a Delta angler.

Dan O'Sullivan's story on Sandy from Bass West USA has been reprised and is up on the front page. If you didn't get a chance to read it, it's there for all now.

Our bass fishing community has a new angel watching over us. I'll miss you, Sandy.

sTony
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

:( :( :( Very sad news. I am at a loss for words and can not even imagine losing a loved one so suddenly. My condolences and prayers go to the young family. :( :(
Big baits,big fish,big smiles!!!!!
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Marc, I am so sorry to hear of Sandy's passing. A Delta Rat of Magnitudal proportions, she will be greatly missed within out tight community here. My sincere condolances, best wishes and heartfelt prayers got out to the Young family so as to cope and endure this tragic and sudden loss of Sandy.
Jeff Huth

Post by Jeff Huth »

Wow, What can I say, Marc I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Sandy was what ALL tournament anglers should strive to be, a true competitor in it's purist form, we are going to miss her never ending smile she always had for everyone at tournaments, boat shows and seminars. No matter how bad your day had gone , stopping and talking with you and Sandy always made it a little better. My prayers are with you.
Jeff Huth
Chad L. Dwyer

Post by Chad L. Dwyer »

Prayers sent.
langa69

Post by langa69 »

Fred Ward and Lana Ward were very privileged to have met Sandy during one of our stays at Russo's. What a great lady and bass fishermen. We send condolences to Marc Young and their entire family on the loss of this real sweetheart of a person. Because Fred is handicapped, Sandy always tried to give him hints of things he could do to make life easier on him. We will greatly miss her smiling face on our next visit to the Delta.
5Ndabag

Post by 5Ndabag »

sorry for your loss marc.I met you 2 at a future pro event and she seemed like a great lady .So very sorry.
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

WOW!So sorry to hear this. My condolences to Marc and family.You are in our Prayers!
forgetaname

Post by forgetaname »

I've known Sandy since I started fishing the Hook and couldnt believe that she was out there competing like she was. Since that day she has always had a smile on a her face and nice things to say to me. Its an absolute shock and tragedy that her life has ended so abrupt. Myself and the fishing community will truly miss her. Sandy's love, kindness and passion for the sport will keep her alive in our hearts. My prayers and condolences go out to Marc Young and family.

Jamond Andrews
Jay
DAN

Post by DAN »

Yes, Totally shocked and hurt as this Sandy was such an inspiration to me. My prayers are with Marc and the friends and family.
Dan Mathisen
dan_mathisen@att.net
209-612-5028

Ben Green Insurance
Gator

Post by Gator »

Every time I launch or pull up to a dock, I will see her sitting there......

She was such a fixture our fishing lives.........

Dammit
daveerwin

Post by daveerwin »

There was a very inspirational article featuring Marc and Sandy, in Bass Angler's Guide, a couple of quarters ago. A true champion who absolutely made a difference.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Marc.

Dave
www.veteranangler.com
Buzzbommer

Post by Buzzbommer »

Being from SoCal, I only knew of Mrs. Young through an article in Bass West USA and thought it was a wonderful piece. From all of these post's, I wish I really knew her personally. Very inspirational article...

My thoughts and prayers to all of her family and friends... ChrisR
Dom

Post by Dom »

Yes very Sad news , My family prayers go out to the Young Family so sorry for your lost. Time will heal and god will cherish Sandy for ever
Tight Lines Dom
Vernonn

Post by Vernonn »

My condolences. I never really met Sandy, but remember seeing her at all the Delta ABA tournaments. It was inspirational to see her out there smiling at everyone.

Vernon Nodohara
dbbasser

Post by dbbasser »

A sad day indeed :( Our thoughts and prayers go out to her love ones and friends.
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

We are heartbroken to lose a dear friend.
Marc, Sandy was an exceptionally amazing person, beautiful inside and out – a bass fishing sweetheart. We are so sorry.
Sandy you will be missed!
Your life was a blessing
Your memory a treasure
You are loved beyond words
You will be missed beyond measure
Bob & Jenny DeLorenzi
BassnReed

Post by BassnReed »

This is terrible news and from my family to yours Marc, prayers have been sent. Stay strong my friend....
KReed
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Post by blkdog812 »

Thoughts and prayers go out to Mark and their family.
everytime, i saw sandy she always had a smile on her face. we got to talk many time and she will be missed by all
Never argue with an idiot; He'll beat you to death with stupidity.
I AM NOT SAYING THERE SHOULD BE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR STUPIDITY,
BUT, WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE THE SAFETY LABELS OFF OF EVERYTHING
AND LET THE PROBLEM SOLVE ITSELF?"
Kentuck

Post by Kentuck »

I'm sorry for your family's loss Marc. I never met you all but saw you two at the few tournys I have fished. I actually got a great confidence boost one tourny when I saw you all pull up and start fishing near where I was. I told myself I had found a good area if you all were fishing it! Prayers of comfort for you during this time.
Dave4622

Post by Dave4622 »

So sorry for your loss. I meet Sandy at the last Snag Proof Open event and recall having seen her a few of the FPT events. She always had her smile and such an outgoing person. A true inspiration to all who met her.