FLW Western Series Roosevelt Lake – Added $$$$$$$$$

cowboy2

FLW Western Series Roosevelt Lake – Added $$$$$$$$$

Post by cowboy2 »

Okay, all you anglers sitting on the fence, its time to jump in. Thanks to two local Payson sponsors we have added a $1,000 BIG FISH contest for each of the first three days of the tournament. Both Pro and Co-anglers will be eligible to win the big fish contest and there is NO additional fee. If you are entered into the tournament, then you’re in the big fish contest on Days 1, 2 and 3.

The two generous donations were received by Chapman Auto Center, our local Chevrolet dealer and Payson Concrete & Materials, our local concrete, rock and stone supplier.

The final day to register is September 14 (next Tuesday). Call FLW Outdoors at 270-252-1000.
GKramer

Re: FLW Western Series Roosevelt Lake – Added $$$$$$$$$

Post by GKramer »

These kind of late bonuses are well intentioned, but they just won't move anyone who hasn't had time to practice or network. I just came back from FINS where John Murray reported fishing Roosevelt for a span of two weeks--and not catching much on the days the wind didn't blow. Nobody in Santee was jumping out of their chair to sign-up and drive to Arizona. At this late date, guys aren't fence-sitting, they're settled on their couches waiting for next year.
cowboy2

Post by cowboy2 »

Trust me on this, if we could have confirmed this sooner we would have. Businesses in Payson are suffering just like everywhere else. We applaud Chapman Auto Center and Payson Concrete for their support of the tournament and our community. So if you opt to sit on your couch until next year that’s your decision. Our goal is to help the FLW put on the best tournament we can for the anglers, FLW and the Town of Payson.

BTW - Its kinda breezy over here today....

cowboy
Barry

Post by Barry »

On behalf of the anglers WHO are fishing thank you!
I was disappointed when FLW made the decision to eliminate the big fish payout. Though I have never won it, I believe it provided some motivation for guys who were out of it on the 3rd day.
See you on the 20th and thanks again :D
Barry
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Yes, thank you from those that are fishing it. Added things like these keep FLW coming back and keep the fisherman excited about coming to Roosevelt again next year.
Smitty
ian

Post by ian »

Well put Smitty
leontuesday

Post by leontuesday »

That's excellent 1,000 dollar big fish money. I think that's the most money ever offered for big fish money in an FLW tournament.I can't wait.
leontuesday

Post by leontuesday »

That's excellent 1,000 dollar big fish money. I think that's the most money ever offered for big fish money in an FLW tournament.I can't wait.
leachman90

Post by leachman90 »

leontuesday wrote:That's excellent 1,000 dollar big fish money. I think that's the most money ever offered for big fish money in an FLW tournament.I can't wait.

Yeah I'm sure it is. I got a whoppy $188.00 for big fish on the Columbia on the non side. It's a shame FLW can'tpony up some buck for this. BUT now with Walmart back on board who knows what will happen. Nice to see some one stepping up like this.GB...Jim
www.insideline.net/index.php/forum
Big Rye

Post by Big Rye »

Payson is great the people are great but if the angler would rather sit on their couches than fish there why does FLW continue to go back? I guess I don’t understand?

Post by 619 »

TB Pickins just gave an extra 100 grand to the winner of the Championship. I would say FLW pony's up.