Where's WON???

tunaman

Where's WON???

Post by tunaman »

Just talked to TCap a little earlier tonight, and he's fishing the WON Pro/Am on Mead. Quite surprised I haven't seen any discussion here on this in the last day or two, or related WON postings for that matter.

Sounds like Mead is fishing really tough right now, as Tony said there were only a small number of limits brought to the scales today.

Hope tomorrow the fishing goes off for the guys and gals!

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Murph

Re: Where's WON???

Post by Murph »

Mead is fishing really tough. A friend of mine, who signed up 3 months ago is fishing Solo tomorrow, and is Quite pissed about it. People who signed up 5 minutes before the pairings has some help in the Back. Wake Up WON
It might be lonely at the Top, but it's a bitch, at the Bottom !
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

How many boats are fishing?
mike goodwin

Post by mike goodwin »

I heard 35 boats. No wonder there's 0 results that I can find.
Economy related????????

I believe a friend of mine thought 8plus was leading. WEEEEK

Havasu 1st AC event for 2010 in the morning.

GREEN BAY PACKERS SUNDAY MORNING, don't get any better than
that.

MG
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

8 pounds! :shock:
ian

Post by ian »

WHO WON
Andrew Jackson

Post by Andrew Jackson »

Alot of small, weak fish weighed in yesterday. Kinda like them Fudge Packers........From my understanding nobody signed up at the meeting day. Did your friend sign up with a AAA? Some of us would rather fish alone.
Murph

Post by Murph »

Andy, I'm pretty sure he signed up alone. He actually enjoys fishing alone, but with the bite as tough as it is, he was looking forward to the Stick in the back. I look for him to be in the top today if he gets all of his bites to the boat, should be double-digit weight too. North breeze made those fish scratch their heads yesterday. lol
It might be lonely at the Top, but it's a bitch, at the Bottom !
Andrew Jackson

Post by Andrew Jackson »

John and Bill tried to get him a back seater, they even asked me and G. Bill was wanting to go with him but had to be back in after a few hours. They tried. He was pretty cool about it.
There was late entry but he also had a AAA sign up with him. Suppose to be real flat today as well. Alot of guys were hoping for wind today. Lots of shad out there. Damn that lake has dropped. Paul Bailey is going after a biggun' today that has dorked him during practice and day one. Swim bait slam!!! Looking forward to the weigh-in this afternoon.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Maybe they should have played the "less than stellar fishing" card. :lol: :lol: :lol:
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

nm
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

bryanmc wrote:Maybe they should have played the "less than stellar fishing" card. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: Lesser Orgs would have cancelled with that many boats. :lol:
S. Bailey

Post by S. Bailey »

My partner Billy Skinner won The WON event at Lake Mead today. Good job bro !!!

Shaun Bailey
****BASS AKWARDS PRODUCTIONS **** Presents : The Big Bait Posse...Volume 1
The craziest Swimbait video in History. You have never seen so many giant swimbait fish jammed into one Action Packed DVD. Hope everybody enjoy's !!
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Where do I sign up to be your next protege Shaun??? Still haven't had the privilege of fishing with you bro, but sure would love to!

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
BassFever7oh2

Post by BassFever7oh2 »

Robert F wrote:
bryanmc wrote:Maybe they should have played the "less than stellar fishing" card. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: Lesser Orgs would have cancelled with that many boats. :lol:
WON needs all the $$$ they can get...
fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

I was at the weigh in today. Only 35 boats. The Pro that had to fish by himself had a right to br mad. He signed up for the tournament before half of the field did. He should have had a non boater. Weigh in was less than stellar, seemed to be like a average team tournament. Bite was tough only one 12 pound sack for two days I believe it was Watson.. Won had better get their act together or their Pro AM circuit is going to suck even more next year the staff they had at this one is still not the answer,
Andrew Jackson

Post by Andrew Jackson »

Really! And you are? The answer maybe? PM me with thoughts, please.
Andrew Jackson

Post by Andrew Jackson »

If a pro does not sign up with an am or his am does not show up for the tournament they lose their guaranteed status of fishing with an am. I believe the person to whom which you are referring did not sign up with an am.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

So, did someone fish alone on day one or did an am drop out after the first day?

I would think (and I'm not WON, just an idea) that if you were say, the first pro who signed up solo, you would be matched with the first am who signed up solo, and that pairing would be as if you had entered on the same form.
Andrew Jackson

Post by Andrew Jackson »

AM called and stated he could not make it day one but would be there on day 2. He did not call until very late the following day to say he was not going to make it. WON found someone the first day to fish but could not the 2nd. Imagine it would be diffiicult to figure who was the first pro / am entry. The rules state what they state.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Shouldn't be too hard Andrew. I imagine the entries get put on some kind of list when they're received. First solo pro paired with the first solo am and so on. The guy who entered 3 months early shouldn't be in the same predicament as the guy who entered 3 days before the tournament.
Andrew Jackson

Post by Andrew Jackson »

Respectively that is your opinion. Rules do not state that, rules do state what I mentioned before. Everyone in the tournament that actually reads and understands the rules knows it going in. Being involved with the behind the scenes of this, my first pro/am event, (and I saw very little) there is alot of BS the org has to deal with to get these events flowing smoothly.
I like to lead in alot things, my business, golf, fishing tournaments but I would not want to lead a series of these events. To many angler opinions (as well as spectators) on a variety of topics. To much whining, as is with many on this site. An organization cannot please all involved that is for sure.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Andrew Jackson wrote:Respectively that is your opinion. Rules do not state that, rules do state what I mentioned before.
These rules Andrew?

Guaranteed Acceptance Policy – Any AAA entering the tournament with a Pro contestant will receive a guaranteed entry status in the tournament. To ensure guaranteed status, the AAA entry form and appropriate entry fees must accompany those of the Pro, and be received in the WON BASS office before the tournament entry deadline. In any other situation, Pro entries will be matched against available in-house AAA entries. Such matching of entries is based on a first come, first serve basis by the date the entry is received in the WON BASS office.

Looks like they basically say what I said....

IF the angler who was matched (by entry date/time) with the am that didn't make it was the one who had the observer the first day and fished alone the second day are the same person, then WON did what they were supposed to do. If the guy who fished alone the second day wasn't him, then it wasn't done correctly.

I didn't mean to say you should have priority if it was the guy you were matched with in the office by entry didn't show up.
Andrew Jackson

Post by Andrew Jackson »

Yep that's the one. Amazing how one can read those damn things and not catch that. I missed that part. You are definitely right on that part. I am going to pass this along to the powers that be and see if they did what the rules state. If WON or any other organization wants people to play with them then they better abide and enforce their own rules for sure. Thanks for that.
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

why is it that at every tournament there is someone whining about the pairings. I dont care if its FLW, WON, AC, you people come on here and whine, whine, whine. Why dont you actually sign up for a whole series and find out for yourselves how it works. Its been the same for every org for a long, long time. If you dont know it by now you might want to quit.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Rbass519

Post by Rbass519 »

littlebailey wrote:why is it that at every tournament there is someone whining about the pairings. I dont care if its FLW, WON, AC, you people come on here and whine, whine, whine. Why dont you actually sign up for a whole series and find out for yourselves how it works. Its been the same for every org for a long, long time. If you dont know it by now you might want to quit.
Because anyone can whine and cry! Not everyone can catch a bass out of their area code! :lol:
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

I didn't see any whining, just a discussion.
Billy Skinner

Post by Billy Skinner »

You know WON would get great turn outs if all of you went and fished the tournys instead of sitting on your computers bagging on them . I have fished all the southern region for won bass this year and i think its a great org. They go above and beyond to promote their anglers and Billy Egan is my man. Bringing him to WON bass was an awesome move. This last tourny they even had the video cameras going. To show the dedication of these guys i was at the launch at 4 in the morning and the camera man was there eger for an interview. Ive also been notified of some new changes and cool things that will be going on for the WON bass circuit next year and im excited and i really cant wait for the fish off and then the next season. But i will say that we as anglers cant ask for any more from the WON bass staff. They are human, and they want things to run perfect and smooth more then all of us do but that isnt reality and we all know that so stop with all the bagging and bitching and go fish.Oh by the way if you didnt fish the tourny you really cant call the leaders weight week because u have no idea.
bigbass111

Post by bigbass111 »

Well said Billy....It was tough, and I was happy to boat what I did..

There's alot of agenda's on here with sour grapes of the past. I too think WON did a great job this year. And ya, they had some annoying speed bumps and mishaps. But overall I think the Mead event showed alot of great improvements. This was a re-building season for them and the future is only looking brighter.

Great job again Billy...

Justin
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

So...
Let's follow the evolution of this thread....

1. Wow... WON is having a pro-am at Mead. Surprised I haven't seen anything about it.

2. Yeah, fishing is tough, only 35 boats and only took 8lbs to lead today. BTW, my friend signed up way early and he has to fish alone tomorrow... he's bummed

3. Wow... only 35 boats, is that because of the economy?

4.Reference to another org that cancelled a "major" tournament" due to less than stellar fishing

5. Another comment regarding the pro who had to fish alone, regarding his lack of a aaa.

6. Discussion about how the pro ended up fishing alone and the rules regarding this.

7. Post that someone is always whining about pairings.

8. Post that if all the folks who discussed things would just fish there would be no problems...

9. Post that it's all sour grapes and it's a "rebuilding year" (remember the Cowboys?)

So just curious. when did all the sour grapes start? Seems like towards the end. Andrew (who worked the event) and I were discussing how something was handled, now it's sour grapes and zip codes and whatever else.....

Really?
FinesseKid

Post by FinesseKid »

Question about this....

Is it possible to actually view the random pairing process? Is that why people complain because they think it is rigged or fixed? Just curious.

I think if it was possible I would like to ACTUALLY WATCH them draw the names.
"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

http://www.performancetackle.com
http://www.thayersmarine.com
http://www.stratosboats.com
Mattress Man

Post by Mattress Man »

Absolutely well said Billy Skinner!!!!.. I have seen Won Bass make great strides and efforts in making sure they successfully run tournaments. As far as the pairings why don't you just Call Billy Egan and just ask him yourself. I know he has an open door/phone policy.. Also quite impressed with how they have the video camera out there promoting the people who promote them..

My hats off to Won Bass for a great tournament. Keep up the great work Billy Egan...

Your new scale is definately a huge improvement and looking forward to next year with all the new plans....

Andy Manahl
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

Im with Billy on this one too. These guys have gone far beyond what any other org has offered to me and everyone else. They line up boats for pros to use if they get into a bind with failure and what not, they promote all their anglers far better than any other org does, and they have a schedule that goes everywhere for a fairly reasonable entry fee. All you haters will be back soon enough. Just watch what Billy does this Org. Give em a chance and fish a tourny or two next season. You'll be amazed, like we are at what people say about them. It makes no sense.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

No need to make guys not want to fish WITH you in a WON event by being a hard @$$. There were compliments up the line (mine about WON sticking it out and even having the tournament) and comments about one little problem. Agendas? How about the monster Nitro dealers agenda? Pretty easy to read that one.

WON has been working on getting things together but it is going to be an uphill battle. Other Orgs. are working hard to take their place. It is good to see they are being Proactive.

BobT. has been personally involved in getting this thing back on track. Something that hasn't occurred over past years. I think he really wants his business back and may just pull it off with guys like Skinner, Hanold and Bailey pulling for him on the street.

One thing I see on WB is a bunch of guys that think nobody is allowed a critical opinion. Those critical opinions have probably helped you more than you realize.

I have owned my own businesses for years. One thing I realized very early was I could not be everywhere in my company. Customer comment is critical for the success of a business. Good or bad, if you listen you will better make a customer happy. Sometimes it is just hearing what they say and ignoring it Other times it is making the adjustment that fills your customer's need.

WONBass is doing just that. This year has been a good start to getting the flats fixed on the WONBass bus. No need to bang fellow fishermen for helping WONBass recognize the public's concern with their product. The comments are not about you or for you, for that matter. One of those guys may be the person you could use to help at a future event. Save the personal attacks for real enemies, not fellow fishermen.
bigbass111

Post by bigbass111 »

Robert,

No personal attacks here at all, Its Western anglers in general. There are so many anglers out here that will only fish full fields or local events. We need people to show and show in droves to re-build our western circuits. I am trying to get the time off for A.C at Havasu, the Western Classic is the week before and thats going to be tough to do. I would never not show do to low turnouts or bad fishing, you have to take the bad with the good. I think it makes anglers better and more open to events.

And as far as Agenda, none here. I know my relation with Bass Pro may seem obvious but its not my agenda. I would be fishing WON Bass regardless of my sponsors. I grew up fishing the Pro/Am's and I still love going to them.

I will be going back east next year for the BASS Opens and I will still do what I can local. (I will even fish FLW if they change some rules :wink: )

Justin
Levy

Post by Levy »

Robert F wrote:One thing I see on WB is a bunch of guys that think nobody is allowed a critical opinion. Those critical opinions have probably helped you more than you realize.

I have owned my own businesses for years. One thing I realized very early was I could not be everywhere in my company. Customer comment is critical for the success of a business. Good or bad, if you listen you will better make a customer happy. Sometimes it is just hearing what they say and ignoring it Other times it is making the adjustment that fills your customer's need.

No need to bang fellow fishermen for helping WONBass recognize the public's concern with their product. The comments are not about you or for you, for that matter. One of those guys may be the person you could use to help at a future event. Save the personal attacks for real enemies, not fellow fishermen.
OMG, for only the 2nd time in history i agree with you and you are exactly correct.

If you really watch closely the critisism and response to that critisism tells the story about a company or product. How many complaints do you see about NBW, Dobyns Rods, Black Dog baits etc... and when you do see one see how it is handled. Usually it is a very professional response by the owners directly. That is how you run a business in the 21st century!!!
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Levy wrote:OMG, for only the 2nd time in history i agree with you and you are exactly correct.
Sounds like a personal attack. :lol:
Good to see all of us get on the same page and appreciate other's right to individuality. The Org's have something in these forums that many other businesses would pay big money to access. Unbiased customer opinion. How they choose to respond should be left to the company. With the changes WON made this year and the new plans being implemented in team events it sounds like they want to evolve and grow in this new market.

BTW Justin, what boiled peanuts did you say I needed to try? Getting the courage up to dig in to that ugly crockpot out here in Alabama.
bigbass111

Post by bigbass111 »

I like the spicy one's, most places have std salted and spicy.

Those crock pots look funny sometimes, it took me a few times to get the courage to try them. Once I did, I could not get enough. Just make sure to scoop some of the liquid into the cup with the peanuts, it will keep them hot.

They are messy as hell to, I use to get out of the truck coming back from Okeechobee looking like a bum from all the peanuts.