Subject: Did FLW F*** some Co-Angler at Roosevelt event?

aw

Subject: Did FLW F*** some Co-Angler at Roosevelt event?

Post by aw »

Does anyone have information on co-angles that registered early for Roosevelt? As I understand it, quite a few guy that were in the top 25 going into the final event were placed on a waiting list even though they registered early in December 09. if that is the case, how is that justified? :?
tunaman

Re: Subject: Did FLW F*** some Co-Angler at Roosevelt event?

Post by tunaman »

Read George's post earlier... sounds like Roy got caught up in the process.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

I believe Guy Williams is our resident FLW Co-Angler and he should be able to shed some light to this situation....
aw

Post by aw »

Rodger, what's the date of his post?
oneal

Post by oneal »

hey what was george take,i see nothing here
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Sorry, my bad. I thought it was one of those shameless redirects from George, but I guess not this time.

Here's a link to his post for those who are interested:

http://kramergonefishing.com/2010/09/21 ... more-10315

Love ya GK!

Roger
oneal

Post by oneal »

will u please shed some light,i would like to no
oneal

Post by oneal »

hey i like the way u put it out there.im in the same shoes as roy, i didnt make it also fished all three paid 1400 i feel we were robbed
Big Rye

Post by Big Rye »

Wow this is a same… Has any one looked at the field? 50+ angler are from Arizona most have only fished one other tournament and it was here in Arizona. When did this become the FLW poacher trail??? Seems to me that FLW needs to start supporting their angler that have supported them by fishing the trail through the years. It’s called a series meaning more than one tournament not just the local poaching. Not sure what FLW gets from the town of Payson to keep coming back but the need to take care of their loyal angler that fish all of them and have for years. Just one more shinning example of how little they do care about us here on the west. Same same same on you FLW. How can you let you loyal anglers sit on the side lines and allow a bunch of people to poach???
max bauer

Post by max bauer »

Prior to roosevelt I was 14th in the co-anglers standings. I was told by the FLW that signing up early would give me priority, so i signed up for all 4. After the first event they changed their veiws on how the priority ran.

THEY WANTED THE CO'S TO FIND THE PRO'S FOR THEM. I did not get into the roosey tournament, there went my chance at fishing the CUP.

I even had an angler contact me, asking me to PAY FOR 1/2 OF HIS ENTRY FEE as a pro so i could get in.
How can you change a rule like this one in the middle of the season and SCREW a bunch of anglers who commited time , money
and loyalty to your organization

MAX
jg

Post by jg »

It seems to me that if FLW makes AZ a yearly stop they will probaly get more from arizona to commit all year. They need to start the year here and then go to California.
Big Rye

Post by Big Rye »

JG are you for real???? So if I understand you correctly you suggest that we start in AZ so they can poach more. How about a few of you show up at something other than your your home water and support FLW the way we do. They should protect their LOYAL anglers not the ones that showed up to poach. and by the way they were here 2 years ago for the Stren and you all did the samething. Don't see any of you fishing the trail since then.. Not surpised to see you are from Arizona.. I say we should all boycot if they start in Arizona.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Dude... Get a grip. Without the 50 (your number) so called (your term) poachers, there would be 47 boats in that tournament. If you look at the California tournaments, you'll likely find a proportionate number of (your term) "poachers". Without the guys that only fish where they're comfortable (or what they can afford, because believe me, if I can only afford one Series entry, it sure as hell isn't going to be for someplace I've never been before), you'd have tiny fields and FLW would be a memory.

The guys who fish the whole series benefit from better payback against a smaller field actually trying to make the FW Cup.
Big Rye

Post by Big Rye »

Dude you should get a grip. If you read the whole thread this is from multiple angler that followed FLW rules and paid there entry fees in advance and were denied entry after doing so. There are multiple guys up here that didn't fish any of the trail that were allowed in after the ones that paid there entry fees up front. Why because a poacher signed up with them. If you read the thread they aren't going to the cup because of this. Everyone is entitled to an oppion. Me almost 40 FLW finishes since 2002 sitting in a hotel in AZ. YOU??? So you might not agree but seriously look not at who fished but who didn't FLW need to support there angler no two ways about it if they don't want to come to Roosevelt maybe we shouldn't be here. Because as you put it without the angler there would be no FLW..
edbass

Post by edbass »

My son signed up and paid in full last December and as of the last Friday he was still 11th on the list so we had to pull the plug on the tournament. In fact he when backwards on the waiting list. A month before the tournament has was 12th, then 2 weeks before he was 8th then 11th. WTF?????
Big Rye

Post by Big Rye »

Thank you Edbass for making my point why is it fair that your son followed the rules and signed up in Dec and didn't get in but some yahoo who signed up 3 weeks ago fished this week..
bassaddicted

Post by bassaddicted »

I would for sure get some legal advice on this. Do the one's that got screwed, get their money back plus a years interest or will they get screwed again and just get to fish a single tourney next year. This BS needs to stop. We are all equal, some just have more money and luck oh yeah and time :x .
leachman90

Post by leachman90 »

It has been a mess since Shasta.I was confirmed by phone then by e-mail only to be called 4 hrs later that I was on the waiting list. And that was after I brought in a "pro". Then they said I could by pass the list if I brought in a 2nd pro. But that was only after 3 days of hell trying to undo plans that had already been made. THEN to finally get in with only 1 hour to spare before the final,final deadline. As most of you know I live A LONG ways away so for me to make these trips it takes a lot of effort and sacrafice. It is a shame to see this still happening so far into the season. And I feel bad for you guys that had been "in" then "outed". By the way I had my deposits payed as well. BUT FLW is the only big time game in town. And with Walmart back in and new leadership maybe it will work out for 2011. Hope to see you guys on the water. God Bless...Jim
www.insideline.net/index.php/forum
smpboy

Post by smpboy »

excellent customer service then they wonder why their turnouts are so low :shock:
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Big Rye... I misunderstood where you were coming from.
I was only referring to the pros when I responded to your post about poachers. I agree that if a pro wants to get in, FLW should take the co-anglers from the waiting list first, then when there aren't any left they should have to bring a co-angler.

Co-anglers that sign up for all 4 should have priority and FLW needs to fix this.
aw

Post by aw »

Its sounds like the FLW has a lot of "splainin" to do. They fail to realize that quite a few of the front seaters started in the back seat. If they don't show loyalty to the folks that support them, then it will show in the numbers at their future events.

They are obviously feeling the outcome of their mismanagement, it already shows in the numbers and unless it is corrected, will lead to the lack of support from west coast angler in the future. The best way to make a change from the anglers perspective is to not support the business that doesn't support you. It's really that simple. We do have other options and the FLW needs to understand that. We don't need them to survive, but they do need us.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

N.A.R wrote:I believe Guy Williams is our resident FLW Co-Angler and he should be able to shed some light to this situation....
Where to start? I signed in Dec for all 4 tournaments on the last day of Champion boat owners priority timeline. Got into the Shasta event kind of later than I would have liked but thanks to the high number of "Pro's" fishing I got in. At that event during the pre tournament meeting the issue came up as to the co angler sign up priority would not change but as we all found out it did. I called Chris Hoover personally and talked about the issues he was getting into for them and for the co's. Now the co's were going to be looking for favor's and thus turning into popularity contest to get into the events. Not good! I don't agree with it but FLW is in business because of the "Pro's" not so much with the "Co's". Plain and simple that's just the truth!! It may not be right and I don't agree with it but still that's how it is. I asked Chris if FLW could at least guarrentee the Top # of Co's in the points that signed up for all 4 tournaments so that the points system was not compermissed. That did not happen, I feel lucky to have gotten to fish all 4 events. It sucks that guy's like Max and Roy plus others didn't truly get the chance to fish their way into the cup. In the end I look at it this way, FLW is in the business for "Pro's" and not for "Co's". They may not say that but truth be told I sort of agee with them. People go to weigh-in's and watch T.V. for the "Pro's" not the "Co's". It sucks but that's the truth. FLW need's "Co's" but not nearly as much as they need the "Pro's". Sorry to see you didn't make it Max, Roy and others. I'd be pissed also if I was you!!
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
max bauer

Post by max bauer »

*NM*
Last edited by max bauer on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
aw

Post by aw »

Guy,
So your saying because you got in to the final event, you're OK with the fact that some of your best comp was not able to fish, even though they met all of the criteria necessary to do so?

Kinda sounds like its all about you....
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

aw wrote:Guy,
So your saying because you got in to the final event, you're OK with the fact that some of your best comp was not able to fish, even though they met all of the criteria necessary to do so?

Did you even read what I wrote? I called Chris Hoover, I told him it's not right, I told him this would happen, I said he should guarantee a # of Co in the points race, I made the attempt for him to see the Co side of things. So yeah since I did those things it was all about me :roll: I got in the event by signing up with Pro even though I was 3rd in points but very easily could have missed the event. I also understand that FLW is based for Pro's not Co's. Like it or not that's the plain truth, sorry. I wish all Top 50 Co's would have been there but that's not reality with FLW, not this year or last year and most likely next year. Sucks but again very true.
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
DL

Post by DL »

aw wrote:We do have other options and the FLW needs to understand that. We don't need them to survive, but they do need us.
What might those be? WON Bass isn't exactly setting the west on fire, and Angler's Choice has all there events north of the grapevine. Not to mention the TV coverage that FLW gets...

FLW's system is flawed and it needs to be fixed. Co's invest money and time and end up begging and cold calling to get into events... Not everyone has the ability to align with a pro, and they pay the price for it.
"Feel the steel"
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

aw wrote:Guy,

Anybody could have done what Guy did to get in the event. Find a boater to pair up and guarantee yourself in to the event. Sorry that people close to qualifying missed out but it was very easy to do what Guy did and get in to every event by finding a sign-up partner.

The "rule" was changed back to the way it ran since the first events in '07 because they didn't have the full fields they expected to meet the number of Co pre-signs. I talked to Hoover when they were taking deposits and told him they were messing this thing up. He laughed and said FLW actually believed the changes to entry fees was going to fill the events. :lol:

Actually over the years the rule has bit both sides. Some events in past years had boaters needing Co's to guarantee in. It is the best way to run the events.

Many of us (not including me this year) needed this rule to allow our practice/travel plans to be stable. This year was a joke. FLW messed up the balance by lowering entry fees, believe it or not. The Co entry is too low and attracts too many Co's. I am not sure why anybody would want to fish it but a ton of people did.

The Pro entry is right in between being too low and too high. Only 21 guys got their entry fees back this year. In 2009 with one third less boaters participating, the boaters that got more than their entry fees back was 30. :shock: In 2009 with a comparable number of boaters as this year a whopping FOURTY-NINE guys got more than their entry fees back. See why the entry is too low?

It needs to have a 10,000 payback for 50th to attract the guys that fish with their own money and realize the payback percentage. It is too high to attract the guy that wants to cut his teeth. Many of us "Stren" level fishermen are not going to spend 8 grand in entries. We will spend 3 or 4 grand. Hopefully FLW has a new plan that will fill the fields. If this occurs then the waiting list will get back it's importance that it was intended to have.

Did a Co get effed? I would more say that it was a bunch of boaters. :lol:
max bauer

Post by max bauer »

*NM*
Last edited by max bauer on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Max, I do not know what you did to try and get hooked up but I have scrambled Pros for myself and others in tournaments. Never paid anybody. I do not think Guy paid as well. You need to make and save those boater contacts you make and start dialing the phone. Guy did it. Jason "HIPPIE" Chang did it. (I just wanted to type "HIPPIE" on WB) :lol: I am sure a ton of other guys did it. That is the way it works in the trenches.

The best thing you can do is find a boater that is amenable to a practice/travel/sign-up relationship. Some work out, some don't. It has benefits to everybody involved as it stabilizes the sign-up process for both. Over the years I did it with my partner we helped each other on both sides. Believe it or not there have been events that they needed Co-Anglers. It also lowers each participant's travel costs and gives the boater a trustworthy practice partner. Win, win, win.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

From Mead to Roosevelt I had to make call's and post to get in. I too have gone from say 4th on the waiting list to say 7th in a few days time, also WTF? The Mead event I had a friend get me in(thanks Jay). The Delta event was my hardest one to get in but in the end I had three Pro's call the last day of entry's help me out (Thanks again guy's!). At Roosevelt I was fortunate to have a friend help me get in (thanks Mike!!). I never paid anyone (well bought a few beers but would have done that anyways) to get in but I did spend a good amount of time on the phone and on the computer with all my contacts. I met a good deal of great people while fishing the Co side by which I dought I would have ever met which I'm greatful for. It sucks that I had to call guy's and ask for help, not the way it should have been but I'm greatful that I had friends to call.
Your situation sucks Max, I would never paid that kind of money to get in. Matter of fact I would not have paid a dime to anyone to get me in the events. Thankfully I just was lucky enough to get in all 4. Again, sorry for those who didn't get their chance at fishing Roosevelt and thus fishing your way into the Cup.
Guy Williams
Charles Barkley
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I've followed this thread for a while now, and it's really making me mad.
I know a lot of great guys who fish and who fish tournaments, and it bothers me to read how you're being treated, and what you're willing to put up with.
I don't fish tournaments, but I do work for a living, and I'm amazed at how you tournament fishermen let yourselves get abused!
I bid a lot of jobs I don't get, and that involves a lot of time and money, but I choose to invest it because I need the work, and that's the price I pay.
But I won't work for a lot of architects who are jerks, and who treat contractors and sub-contractors with no respect.
That's how FLW is treating it's coanglers.
It's bad enough you guys have to pay to play, and then to have them disrespect you like this, by arbitrarily changing the rules to suite their own financial needs after the rules were already posted and followed, and to see you guys put up with it, is unbelievable.
I know tournament fishing can be fun, and addictive. And the chance to perform on the national level is a dream a lot of you chase.
But being basically "punked" by the tournament organization like this is something I know none of you would put up with from anyone else in life.
To me, it's shocking.
And they all just keep on doing it, whenever it suites them.
I only have to be burned once to learn.
How many times do you guys need to be screwed over to figure it out?
And for those of you who say, "what choice do we have?", that's lame.
You can always choose not to participate. It's not like they're doing you any favors.
I know it's a rant, but someone needs to say it.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
aw

Post by aw »

Thanks Mark, I couldn't have said it better myself!!!
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

I agree with a lot of what you are saying Mark. Tournament bass fishing in general is a joke. We pay to get our money back? Why? Nobody knows the real answer but we continue to take the beating and put up with modifications that are only to favor the organization. That said, this modification is not the way many are portraying it to be.

It was "changed back" before the first tournament got on the water. Not really the arbitrary mid-season, or worse yet at the last event change, some want the world to believe. The old procedure is the best. FLW will allow waiting list anglers to "jump up" to confirmed by bringing a matching partner. Status-quo in past years was to wait until after the balance deadline, sometimes we waited until we were driving to the event, to pay and confirm in. It allows you to know you and your travel partner were in the show and there has never been a reason to give FLW your money months before the event.

What if a guy fishing only Roosevelt signed up on day one and did not allow the guy that has fished the other three events and travels with his practice partner to not get in? Would we also be faulting FLW?

Building that relationship like Guy did would have got any of the side-liners in the show. Unfortunately the pendulum swings both ways and the smart boaters like Mike Moffitt know he will need that Co-angler relationship to help him down the line.

The best thing that could happen is that entry fees and competition levels keep the field balanced. I would have signed up as a boater if I did not have to fish against Brent Ehrler level competition. I am not that good. I can fish against the occasional Pro level guy on the front but I am not going to plop down 8 grand to fish 4 events against Brent and Cody. Eventually they will wipe you out just like Phil Ivey would do to you in a poker tournament.

We need a Stren level series out here. Then we will have a thread next year about boaters that got screwed by FLW for not getting them in the event.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Whoever signs up at the beginning of the year and pays and attends all the events up to the last event, should get in reguardless of the standings. Period end of discussion. FLW made a grave mistake in changing the program and they deserve the bashing in this case IMHO. Its FLW;s job to market and fill these events, not the co's to go out and get the boaters. Its also their job to go get sponsers, have the correct equipment, be organized, make sure things go smoothly, and deal with the venues. Its the anglers jobs to show up on time, pay the required entrys, follow the rules and have a good time. Hopefully somewhere in there they make a few bucks. This is not rocket science folks. Its supposed to be fun. Roy and the others just got caught up in poor management decisions by FLW, and hopefully they will correct things for the future. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
drew

Post by drew »

I don't understand what has changed or what the FLW did wrong.

I do understand firsthand how difficult it is to get into an event especially the popular ones. I have also had many phone calls with Chris Hoover about this in the past. The bummer calls as I refer to them. There were several times that I was very upset, but mostly because I did not understand how the system worked. There were other times that I was also jealous of others who were able to link when I could not.

If you register on the first day of registration for all of the events and you still end up being the 70th+ co then you might not fish some of the events. Its first come first serve. Some will link after the official registration period and get in when you don't. You might be 4th on the waiting list and 4 pros ahead of you will drop out and that will move you down to 8th on the waiting list.

It would be nice if the FLW would make the whole process public on their web page including how many people are registered.

Unfortunately they like to keep that secret so no one knows how many are registered for an event until they do the draw. This also prevents the co's from knowing how many have registered before them.
max bauer

Post by max bauer »

Thanks Rick,

max
Marty

Post by Marty »

I was a big supporter of the FLW and fished the Stern and Guard and even the EverStart before it became the Stern. I was under the perception if I (along with other anglers, be they Pro’s or CO’s) supported them they would keep coming out West. Which I believed was good for our fishing community and since BASS was not coming out West except tournaments that most of us can’t fish, was a good thing.

I’m setting here with all of my FLW pamphlets on my desk since I started fishing FLW – granted I don’t have the 2010 pamphlets. I looked at each pamphlet and each has the rules the same. Looking at the “Rules of Participationâ€
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Dont forget this rule.
Pro and co-angler priority are granted when matching pro and co-angler entries (listing each other’s name and membership number) are received and are contingent on both anglers paying their entry fee by the entry/balance deadline and competing in the tournament entered.
Same as it has been for two years in the Strens. It was AFTER balance deadline until this year for the Guards. Four tournament priority only comes in to effect when they have more than a full field.
drew

Post by drew »

Are you saying that in the guard you can link before the entry balance deadline date? In the past it was only after.
Robert F wrote:Dont forget this rule.
Pro and co-angler priority are granted when matching pro and co-angler entries (listing each other’s name and membership number) are received and are contingent on both anglers paying their entry fee by the entry/balance deadline and competing in the tournament entered.
Same as it has been for two years in the Strens. It was AFTER balance deadline until this year for the Guards. Four tournament priority only comes in to effect when they have more than a full field.
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

That is right Drew. In 2009 they changed the Strens to give pairing priority BEFORE balance deadline because there was no off-limits. The Guards were still AFTER balance deadline until this year. The reason they used before instead of after this year with the Guards is because they shortened the off-limits and do not allow ANYBODY to enter after balance deadline/off-limits.
drew

Post by drew »

I see the problem. Its not what you know, but who you know. I guess if you don't link you don't fish. Unless your one of the very few that have an early registration.
Robert F wrote:That is right Drew. In 2009 they changed the Strens to give pairing priority BEFORE balance deadline because there was no off-limits. The Guards were still AFTER balance deadline until this year. The reason they used before instead of after this year with the Guards is because they shortened the off-limits and do not allow ANYBODY to enter after balance deadline/off-limits.
Big Rye

Post by Big Rye »

FLW needs to start listen to their anglers.. I disagree with those that said FLW only cares about the Pro’s. FLW only cares about FLW. They simple hate the Pro’s a little less than the Co’s.
Trust me I know 10 to 15 guys that don’t fish the trail anymore. And it’s not because of the economy. We have all voiced our concerns to Charley in the past and we were all told we needed to stay loyal and maybe they would listen to us down the road. Now we are down the road and Charley is gone and we are still in the same place.
I know their were Co’s that wanted to go that were unable to but I also know there were a lot of Pro’s that forfeited their $500 deposit to get out. All you have to do is math to see how bad this is.. Lets see you have 2k entry plus hotel and travel expenses. Fishing a lake you don’t know you had to go pre fish.. You are now out of pocket $5000.00 about 64 hours in the car for 2 trips out there and back. Not to mention 2 weeks away from family. And you can repeat all of this if you fished Mead as well.. It’s not just the entry fee’s that drive guys away it’s travel. Sorry I know I am from California and I am bias but seriously if they fish 4 California lakes I am sure they would have a better turn out. It’s a heck of a lot cheaper to fish Shasta, Clearlake, Oroville, and the Delta. I am telling you they will get more boat. They guys I know that have left would come back. And for those of us that stood around scratching out heads in Arizona and swore we wouldn’t do this again next year.. We would stay to. I tell you if they continue to make us take that 12 -14 hour drive next year they will lose more… Shasta and Delta will be great draws not the rest. FLW can not rely on all the locals to come out and fish to make up for their loyal customers.
What they did to the Co’s this time around was disgraceful. FLW needs to rethink how they go about doing business or they will lose all of their loyal customers. I sure wish we had another choice…
Rich reeser

Post by Rich reeser »

Seems to me the only person that cared about the fishermen in the FLW was Chris Jones. Just seems like they've gone down hill since Chris left. When he left there were alot of Pro's saying we need to support the FLW, where are they now. I haven't seen one post on this by any of them and they know who they are. I would be willing to bet their all following this post. Any thoughts on this boys or is it when you fish the front you really don't give a sh*t about the guy in the back.
I did fish some of the Everstart and Stren tourneys myself and enjoyed them. I can't afford the NG, but thats my problem. So what FLW going to do turn it into a cherry pickers tourney or or will it change to the Elite format (pros only) I also agree with Big Rye if they fished all 4 in Calif. they would get a larger crowd.
Kevin Stewart

Post by Kevin Stewart »

Guy Williams wrote:From Mead to Roosevelt I had to make call's and post to get in. I too have gone from say 4th on the waiting list to say 7th in a few days time, also WTF? The Mead event I had a friend get me in(thanks Jay). The Delta event was my hardest one to get in but in the end I had three Pro's call the last day of entry's help me out (Thanks again guy's!). At Roosevelt I was fortunate to have a friend help me get in (thanks Mike!!). I never paid anyone (well bought a few beers but would have done that anyways) to get in but I did spend a good amount of time on the phone and on the computer with all my contacts. I met a good deal of great people while fishing the Co side by which I dought I would have ever met which I'm greatful for. It sucks that I had to call guy's and ask for help, not the way it should have been but I'm greatful that I had friends to call.
Your situation sucks Max, I would never paid that kind of money to get in. Matter of fact I would not have paid a dime to anyone to get me in the events. Thankfully I just was lucky enough to get in all 4. Again, sorry for those who didn't get their chance at fishing Roosevelt and thus fishing your way into the Cup.
Guy Williams
Short memory there guy, oh well.......
Kevin Stewart

Post by Kevin Stewart »

Guy Williams wrote:From Mead to Roosevelt I had to make call's and post to get in. I too have gone from say 4th on the waiting list to say 7th in a few days time, also WTF? The Mead event I had a friend get me in(thanks Jay). The Delta event was my hardest one to get in but in the end I had three Pro's call the last day of entry's help me out (Thanks again guy's!). At Roosevelt I was fortunate to have a friend help me get in (thanks Mike!!). I never paid anyone (well bought a few beers but would have done that anyways) to get in but I did spend a good amount of time on the phone and on the computer with all my contacts. I met a good deal of great people while fishing the Co side by which I dought I would have ever met which I'm greatful for. It sucks that I had to call guy's and ask for help, not the way it should have been but I'm greatful that I had friends to call.
Guy Williams
Short memory there guy, oh well.......
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Thanks Kevin for helping me with the Delta event. Also thanks to Chris Raza, Paul Bailey and Steve Lowe for making sure I got into the Delta event. Hey Kevin, lay off the coffee happy fingers!!!
Guy Williams
Charles Barkley
ian

Post by ian »

I think im going to cry
aw

Post by aw »

WOW... pretty sad commentary when the Co's feel it be necessary to pay homage to other anglers for getting them into an event that they pre-registered for. It speaks directly to the subject of this tread. The question is; is this an acceptable business practice? I would be willing to bet it's not just happening in the west.
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Maybe we should go back to the old days. Where co's sign up with pros to be guarnteed in for all four events. If your pro backs out you have to find another one. And you travel with the pro, paying half of travel and prefish expenses. If your co backs out and there isnt an extra local co angler, you have to find another one.

Maybe too simple?

Smitty
sTony

Post by sTony »

Smitty wrote:Maybe we should go back to the old days. Where co's sign up with pros to be guarnteed in for all four events. If your pro backs out you have to find another one. And you travel with the pro, paying half of travel and prefish expenses. If your co backs out and there isn't an extra local co angler, you have to find another one.

Maybe too simple?

Smitty
Why have sign up partners at all? A list of anglers willing to share travel expenses could be maintained/updated as paid anglers (pro or am) sign up. Seems to me more pros travel with pros and ams with ams. But those are mostly the guys I know fishing it.

sTony