AZ Poachers

Paul Matthews

AZ Poachers

Post by Paul Matthews »

Wow. Bunch of whiny Ca. babbies. I guess because I hooked up with a local pro and got to fish that makes me a poacher. I say bologna. Looks like a lot of pros decided not to show. If the AZ guys hadnt signed up looks like there only would have been about 47 boats if the number 50 is correct. The town of Payson went to great lengths to pull this off. I sure as hell don't see that happening in the so called golden state. Bottom line is if a full field had signed most of you would have gotten in. If you snooze you lose. To accuse us of being quote poachers is bush and you know it. The economy has hurt big time evrey where. I'm not privy to the in's and out's of FLW politics, but if it isn't to your liking then don't support them. Life isn't fair. I fished in S. Ca. before I moved here and I see and hear a lot more guys over here stepping up to the plate helping out and sharing stuff than I ever saw in Ca. For you guys that got left on the bank I feel for you, but don't get on the net and whine because some of us got in. It is what it is. For you pros that cherry pick, you missed a good time and some great people. At least we don't have a bunch of Peta bitches crying and saying we hurt those little fish. Well so far we don't but Ca. is only short drive away and many of you love to move away and then try to change things. I am hoping to do a full tour next year however I really wonder if my support will really be appreciated by Ca. fisherman. Odd that you guys would love to have all the FLW events on Ca. lakes. The cream rises to the top and go where ever the events are and figure it out. The home boys stay there and cherry pick. Just a thought, the economy here in Az isn't as diversified as Ca. A lot of our good sticks are hurting big time and can't afford to fish like they used to. Just my 2 cents.
bassaddicted

Re: AZ Poachers

Post by bassaddicted »

Wow. Bunch of whiny Ca. babbies. I guess because I hooked up with a local pro and got to fish that makes me a poacher. I say bologna. Looks like a lot of pros decided not to show. If the AZ guys hadnt signed up looks like there only would have been about 47 boats if the number 50 is correct. The town of Payson went to great lengths to pull this off. I sure as hell don't see that happening in the so called golden state. Bottom line is if a full field had signed most of you would have gotten in. If you snooze you lose. To accuse us of being quote poachers is bush and you know it. The economy has hurt big time evrey where. I'm not privy to the in's and out's of FLW politics, but if it isn't to your liking then don't support them. Life isn't fair. I fished in S. Ca. before I moved here and I see and hear a lot more guys over here stepping up to the plate helping out and sharing stuff than I ever saw in Ca. For you guys that got left on the bank I feel for you, but don't get on the net and whine because some of us got in. It is what it is. For you pros that cherry pick, you missed a good time and some great people. At least we don't have a bunch of Peta bitches crying and saying we hurt those little fish. Well so far we don't but Ca. is only short drive away and many of you love to move away and then try to change things. I am hoping to do a full tour next year however I really wonder if my support will really be appreciated by Ca. fisherman. Odd that you guys would love to have all the FLW events on Ca. lakes. The cream rises to the top and go where ever the events are and figure it out. The home boys stay there and cherry pick. Just a thought, the economy here in Az isn't as diversified as Ca. A lot of our good sticks are hurting big time and can't afford to fish like they used to. Just my 2 cents.
Wow, what a punk. :roll: Did you fish all of the tourneys?
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

bassaddicted wrote: Did you fish all of the tourneys?
:lol: No Jerry. He has to work.....managing an Arbys.
bassaddicted

Post by bassaddicted »

Robert F wrote:
No Jerry. He has to work.....managing an Arbys.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I got more now :lol: :lol:
Paul Matthews

Post by Paul Matthews »

I've got your punk, punk. Typical moronic response. Wish I did manage an Arby's. Get free food and a paycheck LOL. Sorry you guys got your panties in a wad. I don't consider myself or any of the rest of the AZ guys poachers. If the field had filled up most of the co's probably would have fished. What happened to all the pros that fished the Ca. lakes but decided not to fish Rosy? Money maybe. Or maybe they can't cut it when they leave their comfort zone. No one will ever know. Got issues with the system then address it. Don't throw the rest of us under the bus for signing up with a local pro and taking advantage of an opportunity. Works both ways. I'm done. I learned along time ago you that you can't win a internet fight. But it doe's make for good conversation.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Me thinks he doth protest too much.

A case in point being is that you only fished ONE event in FLW all year and that was the Roosevelt event where you finished in 42nd. Oh yeah, and to show how much of a cherry picker you are NOT, you also fished ONE event in FLW 2009 which was Lake Roosevelt finishing in 125th. Maybe fishing one lake in one event all year is not considered Cherry Picking in Arizonian :?:

Justify that as you will, cause its long and gone, but someone who was in the points race for the Cup was bumped out for you to fish this one event at the end of the season.

I know th3 rules are rules, but for you to come on here and be defensive showing no compassion for those that made a year long commitment to an organization only to get the shaft at the end of the year and asking us to be understanding that Az is in a down economy....REALLY :shock:
RangerDude

Post by RangerDude »

ash wrote:Me thinks he doth protest too much.

A case in point being is that you only fished ONE event in FLW all year and that was the Roosevelt event where you finished in 42nd. Oh yeah, and to show how much of a cherry picker you are NOT, you also fished ONE event in FLW 2009 which was Lake Roosevelt finishing in 125th. Maybe fishing one lake in one event all year is not considered Cherry Picking in Arizonian :?:

Justify that as you will, cause its long and gone, but someone who was in the points race for the Cup was bumped out for you to fish this one event at the end of the season.

I know th3 rules are rules, but for you to come on here and be defensive showing no compassion for those that made a year long commitment to an organization only to get the shaft at the end of the year and asking us to be understanding that Az is in a down economy....REALLY :shock:

That's the stuff right there+ 1. Burn
Paul Matthews

Post by Paul Matthews »

Well you got me there. Never had the oportunity to do the FLW as I just retired last year and had one of those 10-12 hr a day management positions that didn't leave me much choice. It is what it is. If you read my first post you would have noted that I stated I feel for the guys that where left on the bank. My only bitch was the AZ poacher deal. Okay enough said. I also chose to go as a co for the learning experince and I learned a lot. If I was a cherry picker I would have stepped up to the front. Believe it or not I have had some succes on Roosevelt and that was when the slot was in effect.
Last edited by Paul Matthews on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Paul Matthews wrote:Wish I did manage an Arby's. Get free food and a paycheck LOL.
You would not want to be the manager of any Arby's Jerry went in to. :lol: I understand your pain Paul but you are heading down the wrong road. The problem was with your boater participation. Not California. FLW put California out of the game by reducing the Cup qualifiers to ten. Why would anybody drive 15 to 20 hours to take a local butt kicking?

Arizona was supposed to take up the slack and your boater community didn't show up. With that, why you would want to take away a guy's shot at a Cup berth then get pissed off when called out (as a group) for it is beyond me.

There was a good story yesterday on Wired2Fish about angler courtesy. Some of you guys that knew there were guys that needed the spot to make the Cup and took the seat for one event should read it.

You are just like the guy that jumps in front of a guy fishing down a bank. I know you were excited to fish the event and it was your one chance of the year but why do it at the expense of a fellow angler?
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

I learned along time ago you that you can't win a internet fight.

Then why did you start one? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Paul Matthews

Post by Paul Matthews »

Good question. I guess I will just have to take my lumps seeing as how I'm outnumbered. Really didn't expect any sympathy. For what it's worth if a pro had the choice of signing up with some one he knows verses some one that he doesn't know, what would be his choice. As far as knocking a co out of his seat how would we know that. Remember the field wasn't full. Gues the only answer to that dilema is commit to a pro for the whole deal and share expenses ect. Seems to me thats pretty simple. Thats what I hope to do next year, God willing and I don't fall apart.
RangerDude

Post by RangerDude »

ash wrote:Me thinks he doth protest too much.

That's the stuff right there+ 1. Burn
Big Rye

Post by Big Rye »

WOW I assume you are speaking of me with your poacher comment.. Sorry my calling a spade a spade offended you.. I spent $8,000.00 this year in FLW entry fees.. How much did you spend? How many FLW did you fish last year?? and the year before and the year before that? Me all of them. I have earned the right to call myself a FLW angler. You??? One tournament makes you a poacher. Here's a thought how about all of you that poached sign up for ALL of next year and fish with the big boys and we will leave you alone. Poach just Roose and yeah you are going to find that a lot of us Cali angler are going to be pissed that FLW decided to allow you to poach and leave the true FLW angler on the dock. They earned the right to be there can you say the same??? Oh by the way did you sign up in Dec with these guys or just decide a month before the tourney and still get in like most???
FLW is a series.. Since you seem to be confused as to what that means maybe this will help.
se•ries
   ˈsɪər izShow Spelled [seer-eez] Show IPA noun, plural -ries, adjective
–noun
a group or a number of related or similar things, events, etc., arranged or occurring in temporal, spatial, or other order or succession; sequence.
a number of games, contests, or sporting events, with the same participants, considered as a unit: The two baseball clubs played a five-game series.
drew

Post by drew »

The people in AZ did not do anything wrong. Obviously the FLW changed their way of doing business and it gave more opportunity to those that could link then in previous years.

After following these threads on this subject I now believe that the FLW should change their policy to give a priority to the individuals that will fish all of the events.

There will always be some unfilled spots that will be open for the individuals that can't fish all of the events. Even with the Roosevelt event there may have been a large percent of that 50 that would still have been available.

It is definately a bummer for those that were successful all year and could not fish the last tournament. Its also a bummer that those would accuse the people of AZ of doing something wrong.
Last edited by drew on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

Robert-I don't think many people here had a clue about the co rules and what the impact would be. To most of us it was just a chance to fish a bigger event and maybe learn a few things. You guys assume it was a commie plot to steal spots but I am sure no one even knew about any of this controversy. The poacher comments just make us figure you guys have some bone to pick and other than hoping the FLW stays in the west we really don't lose much sleep over the deal. If California has ten times our population wouldn't you think you could have done better to support the FLW? It's the economy that is the real problem. I hope they keep coming over here to expose more people here to what a real tournament is all about but if not then you guys can have it all to yourselves.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

Big Rye-you are truly a black eye to the sport of fishing. Loose with the insults and short on solutions. You act like people here plotted to take your spots. People here had no clue they were bumping you out. They were just trying to talk their buddies into fishing pro to add a few boats and get to fish. You need to focus your anger on FLW and their business model and stop blaming Arizona fishermen for your problems.
flipit

Post by flipit »

While I believe it was wrong (they should have some common sense)for a Co to just fish one event, keeping the series contenders from getting to complete their season, the real fault belongs to FLW. Perhaps what is needed is all the anglers get together and support one another by contacting FLW. Seems the best rule would be, all fisherman signing for all 4 events have priority period.
Fishing should be fun.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Ringer wrote:They were just trying to talk their buddies into fishing pro to add a few boats and get to fish.
IF it truly was co's talking pro's into fishing, assuming that those pro's wouldn't have fished otherwise, there still would have been co-anglers left on the bank. The problem lies with FLW allowing co's to enter while they had a waiting list.

As far as poaching... please. There were 131 pro's who only fished one tournament 68 were from CA, 39 from AZ and the rest scattered over OR, WA, NV, ID and UT.
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Big Rye wrote:I spent $8,000.00 this year in FLW entry fees.. How much did you spend? How many FLW did you fish last year?? and the year before and the year before that? Me all of them. I have earned the right to call myself a FLW angler. You???
Not sure who you are Rye but part of your comment confuses me. You spent 8 grand so you must be a boater that has fished all of the events. Did you have a Co that you guaranteed in to all the events?

Not sure who your dog in this fight would be. Is your problem that the guys that fished one event added to the boater numbers and lowered your shot at the Cup? If not I would think you would have been happy with Arizona stepping up to get as many boaters on the water as possible.

If you fished all the years previous you know how the guarantee rule has allowed many of us to make sure our travel partners got in the event. Remember Mead where we needed Co-anglers?
Yeah, some people didn't pair up and missed the event but many of us used the rule to give SERIES anglers a chance at getting in.
edbass

Post by edbass »

I don't have a problem with the Pro's cherry picking events because they are not relying on co's to garantee their entry as there are usually more co's than pro's. The problem I have is the Co's (yes like my son) that paid in full way back in December (for all 4 events) only to be put on a waiting list and not getting in while a Co that is friends with a Pro can get in the week before. I think FLW needs to fill the waiting list people before they allow anyone else to enter.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

I agree completely.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Paul Matthews wrote:Wow. Bunch of whiny Ca. babbies. I guess because I hooked up with a local pro and got to fish that makes me a poacher. I say bologna. Looks like a lot of pros decided not to show. If the AZ guys hadnt signed up looks like there only would have been about 47 boats if the number 50 is correct. The town of Payson went to great lengths to pull this off. I sure as hell don't see that happening in the so called golden state. Bottom line is if a full field had signed most of you would have gotten in. If you snooze you lose. To accuse us of being quote poachers is bush and you know it. The economy has hurt big time evrey where. I'm not privy to the in's and out's of FLW politics, but if it isn't to your liking then don't support them. Life isn't fair. I fished in S. Ca. before I moved here and I see and hear a lot more guys over here stepping up to the plate helping out and sharing stuff than I ever saw in Ca. For you guys that got left on the bank I feel for you, but don't get on the net and whine because some of us got in. It is what it is. For you pros that cherry pick, you missed a good time and some great people. At least we don't have a bunch of Peta bitches crying and saying we hurt those little fish. Well so far we don't but Ca. is only short drive away and many of you love to move away and then try to change things. I am hoping to do a full tour next year however I really wonder if my support will really be appreciated by Ca. fisherman. Odd that you guys would love to have all the FLW events on Ca. lakes. The cream rises to the top and go where ever the events are and figure it out. The home boys stay there and cherry pick. Just a thought, the economy here in Az isn't as diversified as Ca. A lot of our good sticks are hurting big time and can't afford to fish like they used to. Just my 2 cents.
Lets look at the facts please and take away the emotions. Participation is always going to depend on the schedule. Here are the facts:

1-There are more participants in CA than in Nevada, Arizona, Oregon and Washington. So with that said, the majority of the events should be here.
2- The Arizona guys are alot like the Washington guys in the fact that they dont like to travel outside the "comfort zone".
3- The Northern Ca guys make up the bulk of the fields and have by FAR the best Western fisheries, Delta, Clear Lake and Shasta. If you are going to have a western trail, no matter what size, those lakes need to be involved. Period!
4-Now where does the extra event go? Columbia River, Mead, Havasu or Roosevelt. We know the Arizona guys wont go to the Columbia and the Northern Cal's wont go the Roosevelt, [especially as the last event of the year]. So that leaves Mead and Havasu. Some of the Arizona guys will go to Havasu, they have big Monterey Bass and ABF events there and everyone is AFRAID of Mead, [except the So. Cals and Nevada guys]. So Havasu it should be.
5- And the undisputed fact in this entire thing is that the handfull of guys from So. Cal that always and do fish, WILL GO ANYWHERE.

The moral is that scheduling is the key to good participation more than anything, yes even the economy. Roosevelt is a awesome fishery, good for a few Pro-ams, Team trails and club derbys. But will only ever be good for a major event like FLW if it is a first one of the year and even that is iffy.
6- And last but always overlooked is WHY ARE THERE NO EVENTS AT LAKE POWELL? Those are the facts folks. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
bassaddicted

Post by bassaddicted »

drew wrote:
The people in AZ did not do anything wrong.
No one said the people of AZ did anything wrong. It's Paul calling us in Ca. whining babies which was way outta line. Intead of saying damn I wish I knew I was screwing another angler out of going to the cup, I could have gave up my spot. But no we're whiners. I would call it reachin out to see how everyone felt about what the FLW did and if it had happened to anyone else, that's not whining.
Joey

Post by Joey »

No one said the people of AZ did anything wrong. It's Paul calling us in Ca. whining babies which was way outta line. Intead of saying damn I wish I knew I was screwing another angler out of going to the cup, I could have gave up my spot. But no we're whiners. I would call it reachin out to see how everyone felt about what the FLW did and if it had happened to anyone else, that's not whining.
Paul is right, you guys are whining.

Call FLW if you have a problem.
bassaddicted

Post by bassaddicted »

paul mattews wrote:
Don't throw the rest of us under the bus for signing up with a local pro and taking advantage of an opportunity.
No one threw you under the bus, you did that yourself. No one here knew you fished the tourney until you came on here running your mouth about how cool you were that you got in. :roll:
bassaddicted

Post by bassaddicted »

joey wrote:
Paul is right, you guys are whining.

Call FLW if you have a problem
I hope you don't vote in no Nov. Enough said
drew

Post by drew »

The name calling, whining and blaming is BS. The FLW was short sited and fixated on maximizing the number of pro entries. They did not pay attention to the effect it would have on the co's. They should have kept the linking until after the balance deadline.

bassaddicted wrote:drew wrote:
The people in AZ did not do anything wrong.
bassaddicted

Post by bassaddicted »

drew wrote:
The name calling, whining and blaming is BS. The FLW was short sited and fixated on maximizing the number of pro entries. They did not pay attention to the effect it would have on the co's. They should have kept the linking until after the balance deadline.
I agree
Paul Matthews

Post by Paul Matthews »

bassaddicted wrote:paul mattews wrote:
Don't throw the rest of us under the bus for signing up with a local pro and taking advantage of an opportunity.
No one threw you under the bus, you did that yourself. No one here knew you fished the tourney until you came on here running your mouth about how cool you were that you got in. :roll:
Never said I was cool. Just wondered why we get labeled as poachers. And I said we. As far as the rest of it goes, I don't have an answer. If guys are left on the bank then put the blame where you think it ought to go. Not blame some locals for grabbing the brass ring. Life ain't fair and no system is perfect. You just have to be aggressive and look out for your self. Building relationships seems to be the answer here. As I recall at the Stren I signed as a co and allowed a pro to fish. That deal works both ways. As for the whining well Icould have put it a better way but I didn't. **** happens. I 'll live with that.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

my .02 cents.

Paul, if the rules allowed you in, then your in. You are correct IMHO
AZ guys should not be the ones being beat on here.

FLW has some explaining to do, not the the individuals who merely
followed the guidelines set forth by the tournament organization.

That said, I agree with Rick G as well. Turnout is all about the scheduling. Rick you are right on, but are probably fighting an uphill battle.

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Well just for kicks here is the schedule I have.

Jan 12-15 Shasta
Feb 16-19 Roosevelt
Apr 6-9 Delta
Sept 21-24 Clear

Guess we all will have to find out if it's totally correct.
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
ian

Post by ian »

DA GONE POACHERS. You guys are alloweed to carry weapons so its all good. 8,000 bucks to fish as a co. angler. DANG they must have raised the fees for you only. You should feel mad , but not at the AZ. guys. Just yourself for getting burned. PINCHE EL STUPIDO
StickbaitAZ

Post by StickbaitAZ »

ash wrote: Maybe fishing one lake in one event all year is not considered Cherry Picking in Arizonian :?:
lol, who cares what it is called man, we play by the rules. Sounds like the co's that are upset(and rightfully so) be upset with their pro's that didn't travel or FLW's policies, not Arizonans that paired up with other arizonans

Robert F wrote: The problem was with your boater participation. Not California. FLW put California out of the game by reducing the Cup qualifiers to ten. Why would anybody drive 15 to 20 hours to take a local butt kicking?

Arizona was supposed to take up the slack and your boater community didn't show up.
same reason for us, though instead of driving far for one tournament we have to do it for three
Big Rye wrote: I spent $8,000.00 this year in FLW entry fees..

Here's a thought how about all of you that poached sign up for ALL of next year and fish with the big boys and we will leave you alone. Poach just Roose and yeah you are going to find that a lot of us Cali angler are going to be pissed that FLW decided to allow you to poach and leave the true FLW angler on the dock
When did entries for ams go upto 2K per tournament? You should have only been around 1,400 for all four so lets not exaggerate. I can see your anger of this issue is eating you up...

Funny how we are a bunch of poachers yet didn't bring enough boats to make them happy... Kind of contradictory no?

Pro Side:
Idaho= 1
Utah= 1
Washington= 1
Oregon= 1
Alabama= 1
Nevada= 4
California= 34
Arizona= 54

Sounds like you guys would have had absolute blast if our guys didn't show up to play :wink:

I have a feeling EVERY SINGLE FLW will be about the same percentage of locals that cherry pick.

it is not Arizonans issue, it is the organization puting it on. Take it up with them and use this forum to be constructive...
TAu

Post by TAu »

They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

On the other side, Co's are often travel partners with their pros. They'll need to confirm the Co/Pro as a pair.

No matter how they do it, they won't be able to accommodate everyone's needs. It is what it is. However, I do feel bad things didn't work out for your son and good guys like Roy D.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Does anyone go out and fish and have fun anymore? Or is it always a argument/fight over this and that? Seems like the bass guys are just not what they used to be, fish, fun and food and good old conversation. Maybe a couple of cool ones and exchange
info. Sad.. Bill K :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
bassholeaz

Post by bassholeaz »

Well this AZ poacher signed up on the waiting list 8 months in advance to fish the co. never got any further than around 40th on the waiting list and started looking for a pro 3 months in advance matter of fact I spammed this board for awhile looking for someone. Ended up calling everyone I knew and found a pro to sign up with! This was my first FLW (big event), and a good learning experience. Those guys who fish all events to get to the cup I think that really truely sucks but I knew in the beginning without a pro I wouldn't be fishing. I'm sorry but a handful of you on this site are whiney babies who seem to complain about everything be it WON BASS, FLW, etc... luckily I have my head on straight and know not everyone from CA feels this way.

Without FLW going to different states how are you going to get more boaters and co's? Espy himself(AZ poacher) now says he's gonna fish the tour? Let other people get a taste then they may travel to other events.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

Hate to be a drag but why don't they increase the entry fee for the co's until the numbers even out? It will generate more money for the pot. If you have too much demand for your product you always raise the price a bit at a time until you meet demand without losing sales.
angler2020

Post by angler2020 »

Big Rye wrote:WOW I assume you are speaking of me with your poacher comment.. Sorry my calling a spade a spade offended you.. I spent $8,000.00 this year in FLW entry fees.. How much did you spend? How many FLW did you fish last year?? and the year before and the year before that? Me all of them. I have earned the right to call myself a FLW angler. You??? One tournament makes you a poacher. Here's a thought how about all of you that poached sign up for ALL of next year and fish with the big boys and we will leave you alone. Poach just Roose and yeah you are going to find that a lot of us Cali angler are going to be pissed that FLW decided to allow you to poach and leave the true FLW angler on the dock. They earned the right to be there can you say the same??? Oh by the way did you sign up in Dec with these guys or just decide a month before the tourney and still get in like most???
FLW is a series.. Since you seem to be confused as to what that means maybe this will help.
se•ries
–noun
a group or a number of related or similar things, events, etc., arranged or occurring in temporal, spatial, or other order or succession; sequence.
a number of games, contests, or sporting events, with the same participants, considered as a unit: The two baseball clubs played a five-game series.
If you are a true angler, how come you fish the co angler side? Shouldn't you just be a pro by paying your money? That would make to much sense, right????? Do you even have a boat? I bet you are the type of guy that blames his boater every time you don't do well in a tournament. It is never your fault. FLW put the rules down, gave you plenty of time, if the last tournament was this important to you, you had plenty of time to make damn well sure you were going to be there. Your chance at the FLW CUP is completely laughable by the way. Did you even post on LOCAL ARIZONA BOARDS, looking for a pro?

You shouldn't compare Roosevelt to Shasta. Shasta sucks compared to Roosevelt. There are some giants in Roosevelt because guess what, they got some Florida Strain Genetics in them. Your gay little Nothern Strains are for you tree hugging homos in Cali. Shasta is a crappy fishery. It sucks. I would never fish shasta unless I had to for a tournament. They screwed up Shasta when they decided to put the Spotted Rat Bass in that Lake. Clear Lake for sure, The Delta for sure, hell my cousin has a house boat on the delta. But one thing is for sure, you can shove lake Shasta right up where the sun doesn't shine. That is the number one poaching lake of the circuit. Shasta wouldn't get a very big draw the last tournament of the year either, so that argument sucks. Go look at the past years and compare and do a little research.

To be fair FLW needs to spread out the tournaments all over the west. Not just allow the majority of the poaching to be Northern California. Maybe they should move the Shasta tournament to the Columbia River or something and give those poachers a shot, for once. 3 out 4 poaching tournaments isn't fair for you homos in NOCAL.
millsryno

Post by millsryno »

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

The people that got in played by the rules, nuff said. Why are you ripping them by calling them poachers?

Have you worked to fix the issue with FLW or just voiced your opinion on a forum?

It's not the responsibility of any co angler to keep tabs on what other co anglers were in the running for any point standings that were not already in the Roosy tournament. Is this info even published?

poach·er1    /ˈpoʊtʃər/ Show Spelled
[poh-cher] Show IPA

–noun
1. a person who trespasses on private property, esp. to catch fish or game illegally.
2. Also called sea-poacher. any of several slender, marine fishes of the family Agonidae, found chiefly in deeper waters of the North Pacific, having the body covered with bony plates.
CN

Post by CN »

Well Paul you can hate on us that's your right.

As far as I am concerned from California "Go to Hell"

Mike Nance
leachman90

Post by leachman90 »

millsryno wrote:Don't hate the player, hate the game.

The people that got in played by the rules, nuff said. Why are you ripping them by calling them poachers?

Have you worked to fix the issue with FLW or just voiced your opinion on a forum?

It's not the responsibility of any co angler to keep tabs on what other co anglers were in the running for any point standings that were not already in the Roosy tournament. Is this info even published?

poach·er1    /ˈpoʊtʃər/ Show Spelled
[poh-cher] Show IPA

–noun
1. a person who trespasses on private property, esp. to catch fish or game illegally.
2. Also called sea-poacher. any of several slender, marine fishes of the family Agonidae, found chiefly in deeper waters of the North Pacific, having the body covered with bony plates.

To be fair to some of the co's that got left the FLW did chance the rules several times in mid stream. "Sign up for all 4 and yo are in all 4". Then it's "bring in a pro after the official sign up ends and your in". Then it's "bring in a pro any time and your in". This is the FLW's mess that they created and now have all of us pointing fingers at each other. Like I said before for me it was "you are in" by e-mail. "You are in" by phone. And 4 hours later it was "you are not in now". They made me bring in 2 pro's to get confirmed. Now does any of that seem fair? Does that sound like it was any other anglers fault? NO, it was all on FLW. And I have to travel a long ways to fish these so this crap that the FLW pulls make making plans almost impossible.
Last edited by leachman90 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.insideline.net/index.php/forum
aw

Post by aw »

Peter Lloyd

Post by Peter Lloyd »

Big Rye wrote:WOW I assume you are speaking of me with your poacher comment.. Sorry my calling a spade a spade offended you.. I spent $8,000.00 this year in FLW entry fees.. How much did you spend? How many FLW did you fish last year?? and the year before and the year before that? Me all of them. I have earned the right to call myself a FLW angler. You??? One tournament makes you a poacher. Here's a thought how about all of you that poached sign up for ALL of next year and fish with the big boys and we will leave you alone. Poach just Roose and yeah you are going to find that a lot of us Cali angler are going to be pissed that FLW decided to allow you to poach and leave the true FLW angler on the dock. They earned the right to be there can you say the same??? Oh by the way did you sign up in Dec with these guys or just decide a month before the tourney and still get in like most???
se•ries
–noun
FAIL

While it sucks what happened, you can't blame the AZ guys for fishing tournaments in their backyard. Some guys simply can't fish an entire circuit. They don't have the time, money or desire to drive a ton of hours and fish all over. However, their money is still green, and they are free to pick the tournaments they want to fish. I'm sure you'd be more than happy to take their money home too. FLW needs all the boats they can get.

Again, it sucks what happened to the co anglers, but you can't blame an AZ co angler for fishing this event. They played by the same rules and were able to get in. It sucks, but that's how it goes.
Paul Matthews

Post by Paul Matthews »

CN wrote:Well Paul you can hate on us that's your right.

Mike Nance
Never said anything about hate. It would take a great deal more than this for me to hate. Just voicing my thoughts. Lived in So. Ca. for 50 years and never hated anyone so why would I start now. However there is one speaker of the house I don't care for too much. See you in hell. :twisted:
CN

Post by CN »

Paul Matthews wrote:
CN wrote:Well Paul you can hate on us that's your right.

Mike Nance
Never said anything about hate. It would take a great deal more than this for me to hate. Just voicing my thoughts. Lived in So. Ca. for 50 years and never hated anyone so why would I start now. However there is one speaker of the house I don't care for too much. See you in hell. :twisted:
Well as far as who Represent's California I cant defend them other than God help us. Not trying to start a fight I just remember how great this State was at one time :cry: and it suck's now.