Rojas prototype frog

Elmhurst bassman

Rojas prototype frog

Post by Elmhurst bassman »

Does anyone out there have any info/ insight in regards to the new prototype frog he caught his 7lber on at dardanelle???? The article says its the buzz of the tourney??
Cooch

Maybe it's a ...........

Post by Cooch »

Swamp Donkey, or prolly just another "clone" frog! I'd be willing ta bet that 7 pounder woulda ate a Snag Proof Cicada had ya put it in it's face! And, the 9 pound hen that was sitting next to her! HAR! HAR! HAR!
Long Nguyen

It's the Dean Rojas Classic Frog

Post by Long Nguyen »

A photo of this frog is on bassmaster.com. By the looks of it, it resembles the Bobby's Perfect Frog. The color scheme is very well done.

Based on bassfan's reporting, this new frog will be introduced this summer at the ICAST show, along with a rod designed for it by Dean.

It'll be interesting to see which frog design becomes the favorite here on the west coast. We have a lot of choices between Bobby's Perfect Frog, Reaction Innovations' new Swamp Donkey, and now the Dean Rojas Classic Frog.
Cooch

From what I see.......

Post by Cooch »

it is just another clone frog that will be marketed under the private label of Bass Pro Shops. The color patterns look a lot like the two new Japanese frogs we've been introduced to the past year. It also would appear to me that somebody is putting a lot of effort into a marketing plan to push the Frog and this rod now being made by Quantum. Kinda had a little chuckle with Dean's comments about hand designing this frog and the rod, I mean c'mon, how much science goes into duplicating a frog and frog rod these days? LOL

Beyond all that and more important to the facts is one of our western Anglers is once again getting a spot in the limelight. We're seeing this more and more every year. And, yet another western technique, one that we use far more than other areas in the country, especially here on the Delta and ClearLake, top water froggin is getting some national exposure.
basscat_225

JAPANESE FROFS

Post by basscat_225 »

WHERE CAN YOU PURCHASE JAPANESE FROG LURES?
Cooch

Most Bass shops....

Post by Cooch »

around the Delta and ClearLake carry both the Sumo and Kanji frogs.
Wild Bill

Re: Rojas prototype frog

Post by Wild Bill »

Very interesting observation, Cooch...

Sounds like they are just trying to grab a piece of the 'frog-$-pie' to me...

But Cooch, if they had been slinging the "Wild Bull" Frog by SnagProof [available in "Bobby's Perfect Frog" or the "Tournement Pro Series Frog", they would have culled the Seven pounder out...
[Har, har, har}.

I enjoyed a frog bite when I was just out to California-Delta last week.
Share fishing with someone