Trailer Lights Out

buddy brown

Trailer Lights Out

Post by buddy brown »

I think Havasu cursed my boat. Ever since it went there things are going wrong. Now the trailer lights are out, power switch cover flew off somewhere, and the surge brakes aren't working. I've tried to figure it out the trailer light problem and switched out the connector to the hitch. Feel like some bonehead is gonna run into my prop on the fwy. Any info would be appreciated.
drilltrash

Re: Trailer Lights Out

Post by drilltrash »

i'd start with checking your fuses in your truck. if that is no the case, check for voltage on your plug in on your pickup. hope this helps some.
clearlakeoutdoors

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

+1 on the truck fuses, My bar light on the back middle gets wet and shorts out the fuse in the truck. Ranger has replaced twice and it still happens . I now have that light unplugged at the light and at least i have all my other lights.Dave
DaLa

Post by DaLa »

if you have a newer truck there should be a fuse for the trailer light plug separate from the truck running lights fuse.
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

I had the same type issue's with my trailer when I tried hooking it up in the dark with the truck runing. On my 05 Chevy I checked all fuses under and beside the dask but they were all fine. I then looked in my owners manual and as it turned out I popped the fuse under the hood in the fuse box.
Mike Holbrook

http://bassnman.com
Jim V.

Post by Jim V. »

Might also try redoing the ground wire on your trailer. Mine was almost worn through and when I fixed it, the lights worked & it quit blowing fuses. It's an easy fix & I almost took it in to have the trailer re-wired then tried that 1st.
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

I talked to Tom yesterday and he found out it was a group fuse in his tow vehicle. Everything now works.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

Hey, thanks for the info gents. It was the tail fuse in the truck. Now my trolling motor is droppin a duece on me. WTF is going on here :lol: Thanks again for the good info. saved me time and probably money