trolling motor length

new2bassfishin

trolling motor length

Post by new2bassfishin »

How far does a trolling motor have to be submerged under water? We have a rienell boat and want to get a trolling motor, its 24" from the water to where it will be mounted. Any idea on what shaft will work. i know longer is better but i was just wondering what would work just fine.
Gene Buchholz

Re: trolling motor length

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Both MK and MG have standard shafts of 45", you will loose about 10" of that from the top of the boat to the top cover.
If you go with a standard foot control motor or a remote i would go with a 50 " shaft.
If you need any help you can call me at the Hook we are an authorized sales and service for both brands.
925-625-2441
Thanks Gene
new2bassfishin

Post by new2bassfishin »

Thanks Gene for the Info. I was trying to pick up a used one from the classifieds but he said its only 45 or 46 inch. Was hoping that that was going to work for $350, dont really have the funds for a new one right now.
fishbonz412

Post by fishbonz412 »

Sunny at Sunny's Electric Marine told me my TM should be submerged about 16 inches (if I recall correctly). Any other input?
--Sometimes it is best to be quiet and be thought the fool than to speak out and remove all doubt---