Why fish the nUtcASe rally?

Otay Michael

Why fish the nUtcASe rally?

Post by Otay Michael »

I hear where some folks are a bit hesitant to join us, as they have not fished such and such lake, and maybe they should not fish the rally because of it; they wouldn't do well.

Another boater states he thinks he maybe should only fish with his friend, who also has never fished it. They are both good anglers, as far as I can tell, but says he would not want to disappoint a back seater he does not know, for not being able to guarantee he'd get him/her on fish.

Just wondering, what do you previous NutCase fishermen have to say about these concerns?
How did you first feel before attending one, and how after?
Last edited by Otay Michael on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Kelly Ripa

Re: Why fish rallys?

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I have fished a couple of Nutcase events. I had plenty of experience on Clear Lake but.....That is never the point. It is all about putting a face on a name and all about comradre. The North format had me in three tournaments with 3 different non-boaters in two days with a dinner/draw partners the first day and a box lunch and new partner at noon on day one with another dinner/raffle/draw on the evening after the first two events. This allows you to cruise and shoot the $hit with all those in attendance. While I scared them at the first outing by being a SoCal boy in 1st and then second place after two tournaments.....Nobody really cares where they end up as long as they don't earn the odd-nut or numb-nut award. I finished third.... :wink: There is only one big nut so it's a no brainer. You go...you fish...you commiserate( talk with all the guys and gals )....It's not about how well you do ever to my knowledge it's all about the folks that you share a common bond with.

Rip

Besides how can you catch any fish when some unscrupulous basstard has put a bananna in your glove box....... :mrgreen:
Last edited by Kelly Ripa on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Otay Michael wrote: Just wondering, what do you previous NutCase fishermen have to say about these concerns?
I just don't EVER want to get stuck with a Jason Conser again while I am fishing my White Frog in January....... and he is casting over my line ahead of me from the back seat on some silly crankbait !! :evil: ....WTH - You have all the water behind you to fish from ! :idea:

Then I take Jason to go to Georges' house - I bring George home ... and Jason has crowded me out of my very own front deck in the time that I took to put the fish in the livewell.. AND HE PROCEDED TO STAY THERE !! :shock:

COME ON MAN !! :evil:

......And I did not get any gas monies ...... Go figure. :lol:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

You Go You Fish, You B.S. You meet new people You Eat, You Eat, You Eat

You Drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Drink........and Drink

It is so fun no need to worry...........Yes I do request to fish with Wolfman on some occasions but it is so we can catch up :D :D :D .

Ask Mike if we had fun ?(net boy) :twisted: ask Mac did we have fun? Gator did we have fun? Hugo did we have fun? the list goes on and on!!!

DO NOT BE AFRAID OF A NUTCASES EVENT!!!!
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

My first Nutcase event was one held on the Delta..Met a whole lot of people and had a great time..The same year I attended the Rally at ClearLake met more people and had a great time..I didn't catch a single fish, or even get a bite..To me it is all about meeting people and shooting the bull, with a little fishing thrown in..I guess it might be great to win one of these events for something other than catching the ugliest catfish in Clearlake or catching rocks and landing them around Rattlesnake, perhaps one of these days I will..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

This is going to be my first one. It just sounds like a fun time. If anybody needs a ride, I'm coming in from Diamond Bar. Also, let me know what you need food wise. I'll bring some stuff. Mike
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

In the past I fished the Rallys and it was not expecting to win a plaque or something. It was to meet the person who's handle I seen, talked/emailed, etc on WesternBass.com. It was the fun, jokeing, raffles and such that made it fun.
It was nice to see the same old face's, after the first one and just re-visit and enjoy a couple of days, with some fishing thrown in, with a new boater/non=boater and pick up some and maybe, just maybe give a few tips to each other. That is why I went, they were fun. Bill K :D :D
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I don't get on here as much as I use to, mainly cause I have to work at work now :evil: !

I have made a number of great friends from this site. I have more fun at the Rallies than any of the other tournaments I fish. It's just a good time and I haven't been let down yet. I have also never made one of the summer event's yet, which are suppose to be a real kick. Maybe this year?

Go meet the human side of some of these keyboard jockies, you might be surprised. Then again, you may never come back :shock:

I got stuck with that Jason Conser guy on my boat as well at one of the teen tourney's. Can you believe he made a fishing clip that shows here. I don't get it :P

See you Jason :D
I had to come back...I know...
ASD

Post by ASD »

Come one come all I went to my first "nut case" jan 2010. I did not know any one that was going to be their just signed up on this bord and showed up the day of the event. Will let me tell you I have made a hand full of FRIENDS from that one day event and I will be going to every "nut case" I can as I pick up a new fishing budy or two @ each one. It's not about wining the event it's about meeting the people from the bord an makeing new friends an haven a fun time doing it.
scott dipman (AKA) ASD

PS
see you all (new and old) jan 2 in so cal and jan 22 @ BB
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

look at this as nothing more then aday on the water with people that just like to bs ,eat, have a good time :wink: oh and some of them THINK they can fish but we all know diff :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

I went to my 1st one for the same reason as most and it was just to meet and put some names to faces to some people on this site, I have had a GREAT time at each 1 i have made :!: :arrow: and have meet some :idea: well lets just say diff people LOL :P :P No to tell the Truth there all good people if they weren't I would not be friends with them

Don't worry about SH^T come out and have fun :wink: meet some people :wink: you may find a few cool new friends there :wink: and don't even worry about Pete'y if he fishs this like he played porker at guys house last yr you have NOTHING to worry about :P :P :wink: Now maybe if his wifey shows up then you may have to worry about her LMAO :mrgreen:

Its just all about having fun
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

macinckirk wrote:Its just all about having fun
There's really nothing more ta say! If ya can't have fun fishing and don't enjoy meeting new and seeing old friends, there's no other reason ta go. If the thought pops in there ya wanna go, then go, any other reason ya come up with ta not go, well, that is your choice and probaly yer loss in missing out on the fun. That's what these are all about, having some fun, fishing with friends.
Kevin Evans - Kap

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

All I have to say is check it out for yourself and see... its a blast.. no pressure, just good fun....

Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
Kevin Evans - Kap

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

DeltaDan wrote:
Otay Michael wrote: Just wondering, what do you previous NutCase fishermen have to say about these concerns? [/quote

I just don't EVER want to get stuck with a Jason Conser again while I am fishing my White Frog in January....... and he is casting over my line ahead of me from the back seat on some silly crankbait !! :evil: ....WTH - You have all the water behind you to fish from ! :idea:

Then I take Jason to go to Georges' house - I bring George home ... and Jason has crowded me out of my very own front deck in the time that I took to put the fish in the livewell.. AND HE PROCEDED TO STAY THERE !! :shock:

COME ON MAN !! :evil:

......And I did not get any gas monies ...... Go figure. :lol:
Tell me your joking right???? :?

Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

The trophies are awesome!

:mrgreen:
Attachments
rims NCBF nuts 003edit.jpg
rims NCBF nuts 003edit.jpg (51.75 KiB) Viewed 2786 times
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Andy Giannini wrote:The trophies are awesome!

:mrgreen:

Yes, but we will be 'cutting and pasting and sending these awards via e-mail', as no 'actual prizes' will be give out, per our understanding that if nothing is given away, monetarily, or prize-wise either, no permits would be required (thanks Kwin), saving us all money in the long run.

I've had the pleasure of fishing with some of the WB greats, and the not-so, at these over the past three or so years I've been attending, such as:

CLEAR LAKE

Cooch- who, after fiddling with something in a box on his front deck, came diving back to his seat and ducked behind his windshield while a rocket launcher sent a humongous firework skyward, just about reaching the moon and then exploding and turning the morning darkness into a sunlit day for about three seconds, with the quietness equally disturbed, thus announcing to the world that the summer NutCase rally had indeed started (scarring the wits out of myself and his dog Delta). BUT, I did get to see him in action with that jig, he swung, fought and landed a branch faster than anyone I've ever seen do it, (not that I've seen it all that many times actually). :lol:

Gator- who announced to me before our launch that "I'm on a good topwater bite, hope you like that style" (heck, not that he knew it, but I had seven rods on the ready, everyone of them with a different topwater bait on, "so what kind of question was that?" I thought) "and since I'm in first place, and since everyone thinks I'm going south, they all going there too. And I am too, but not deep south, just to the first slough south!" He said with a sly smile, and we got on 'em good, problem was I got the big ones, and he came in second (not to me, almost getting skunked with Cooch earlier stopped any chance of that). What a blast, topwater swimbaits worked great, and then the frog.

sTony - Another Clear Lake summer rally, more recent- "Got a good pattern, sit on a hump and wait for the big girls to show, toss C/R and jigs"!? :o :shock: My heart sunk as we came to a stop, looking at my seven topwater rods and shore about 100 yards away. Never discouraged, we had a good time swapping stories for about three hours during the summertime winter storm, freezing and getting blown around like a dandelion in the wind, and then decided maybe a pattern that would get at least get us a bite might be the thing to start searching for. :shock: :lol:

And then the winter NutCase two years ago, where it got it's name (bunch of guys going out the first of the year in rainy, below freezing weather on the Delta; all in search of an elusive green fish that was hibernating at the end of some slough where only one guy, that couldn't even count, could even find them- 1/2 pounders at that!). Even Marty bassanova couldn't get me on fish, not that he didn't try, nor get any himself (nor did 95% of the field for that matter, some never left the local pub if I recall) !!! 8) :shock: :oops: But the weather was as explained, and one run through Franks left my wool hat at the bottom of that lake and I never even knew the waves, hitting me full force from the wind with each bounce, had even washed it off the top of my head! :shock:

Food has, indeed, been great, as well as the camaraderie, and I've learned a lot from some excellent sticks, that's for sure. And great times pre and post fishing them with the likes of Brian D., Derek, and many others.

Can't wait to see what Perris dishes out. Had a couple more sign-ups in last couple of days, lots more room guys/gals, come on out and join us.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

sTony

Post by sTony »

I fish rallies and nutcases because it's the only way to put a face with a screen name. To meet real people and get confirmations that there are a lot of nice people that fish for bass. There loose. There fun. There's usually good eatin'. And you drive away feeling like you got to know some other bass fanatics a bit better and it generally makes the forum a funner place for those that share it that experience.

sTony
g-man

Post by g-man »

Meet new people, friendly competition, good food. Theres no pressure to catch fish, or hope to put someone else on fish, its all about just putting a face on some forum users, and having a good time! The title should really be "Why Not Fish Rallys" I have fished 3, and had a great time at all of them...
100% LL
Otay Michael

Re: Why NOT fish rallys?

Post by Otay Michael »

g-man wrote:Meet new people, friendly competition, good food. Theres no pressure to catch fish, or hope to put someone else on fish, its all about just putting a face on some forum users, and having a good time! The title should really be "Why Not Fish Rallys" I have fished 3, and had a great time at all of them...
Right on G-man.

So, WHY NOT fish this rally?

Cool, had a couple more just sign up, keep 'em coming guys, room for more.
Otay Michael

Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

sEmi lASt cALl - fouR dAyS lEFt! :D
Otay Michael

TomAtkeson

Re: Why fish the nUtcASe rally?

Post by TomAtkeson »

I only have had the chance to fish the rally a couple times and a couple nut case classics to boot and I gotta say it was the most fun I've had fishing. Good people good chow and good times. I did fish with Gator all three times because an error in the drawing system, but I didnt mind leaving late or comming in early because he was the TD. We had a blast on the water. To anyone on the fence about going to one GO its an awesome time. Also support the Pro-Teen event. Even if you cant fish I know Cooch and crew can always use help putting together tackle packs, registration, weigh ins etc.
Tom Atkeson
http://www.blackdogbaitco.com
http://www.tylurecustombaits.com
http://www.skinnybearbassjigs.com
http://www.youtube.com/ibassfishing