FOLSOM RELEASE TONIGHT

Skeeterman

FOLSOM RELEASE TONIGHT

Post by Skeeterman »

Folsom will release from 15,000 to 30,000 cubic feet of water starting 6pm tonight to make room for the next storms.
Scott Shambre

Re: FOLSOM RELEASE TONIGHT

Post by Scott Shambre »

It is and has been at 15K/cu. ft. per second of outflow for the past 36+ hours....but it has been at 10K/cu. ft. per second of inflow for the past 24 hours so in reality it is only losing about 6K/cu. ft. per second.

The elevation has remained steady in the mid-419's with this release schedule and it doesn't look like it will go below 415 in the next few days with the storm coming in..... :D
Is there a Lost Land of retards????
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Where was all this water being released for the Salmon run ? :evil:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
Mike Tuck

Post by Mike Tuck »

Yeah they better make room in a hurry! Sure wouldn't want it to fill up 47' from one storm :roll: :roll: The only lake that mis-manages their water levels is Oroville. It still amazes me that the largemouth population survives and even thrives in this environment. :evil:

Mike
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

As I was watching the report on the news my thoughts were, what if we don't get all of this rain? They were sure to mention that Folsom Dam was built for "flood control".

I hope they know what they are doing :lol:
I had to come back...I know...
Ray Vanacore

Post by Ray Vanacore »

MIkE TREMONT wrote:]They were sure to mention that Folsom Dam was built for "flood control
". I hope they know what they are doing :lol:[/quote]

In truth Folsom Dam was built for Flood control, the current releases are for the upcoming storms and the work they are doing to the dike on Green Valley road and the overflow that is being built, once that's in place then they wont worry about releasing water for incoming flows,as the over flow will take care of any incoming water when it reaches the overflow level there going to take it down to around 415 which is still a lot more then we had last year at this time.
\Ray vanacore
Ray Vanacore
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Thanks Ray

All in all they do a good job. It's gotta pretty tough try to manage mother nature. Glad it's not on my shoulders!
Ray Vanacore

Post by Ray Vanacore »

I just talk to my Boss and he said that there taking it down to 405,our docks will be in mud by this time Sat or Sunday. I know what you mean but your damned if you do and damned if you dont, Its a no win situation in the eyes of the recreation public .
Ray Vanacore
Ray Vanacore
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

You have got to be kidding me Ray!!!!!!!

They are going to pull 12 ft. over the next 3 days!!!!!!! Watch, this storm will peter out and we'll only get about a 1/2 inch of rain and we will have pee'ed all that water to the ocean for nothing!!!!!!

Unreal!!!!
Is there a Lost Land of retards????
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I hope you're wrong on this one Scott. I'm sure you remember January 2005. That place can fill up fast.

We'll see what happens. I'm sure most of that water is going to end up down south anyway, so it won't be a total waste!

:?:
Ray Vanacore

Post by Ray Vanacore »

[quote="Scott Shambre"]You have got to be kidding me Ray!!!!!!!

They are going to pull 12 ft. over the next 3 days!!!!!!! Watch, this storm will peter out and we'll only get about a 1/2 inch of rain and we will have pee'ed all that water to the ocean for nothing!!!!!!

Scott, I wish i was kidding, Whether its in the next 3 days or not remains to be seen, as for the docks there is only a few feet to go at this time as they are 10' above the marina basin. There already driving off the parking area at Hobie cove onto the mud banks to get closer to the water.
Ray Vanacore
Ray Vanacore
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

I saw this coming all last week when commuting home each day there would be another gate open at Nimbus, now five gates. Then yesterday I saw where the walking bridge at Sunrise was almost under water :shock: :shock: :shock:

What a waste....................I was actually thinking of getting a park pass again since Folsom had water for winter fishing :evil: :evil: NOT NOW :evil: :evil:

This government ran crap in Cali is out of control :roll: :roll:
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark