15.2 swimbait fish

Moderators: MKA, Caudawg

norcaldave
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:46 pm
Location: Oakley, Ca

15.2 swimbait fish

Postby norcaldave » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:55 am

Well 3 years after a painful divorce and paradise lost, I finally returned for the first time to fish my former home lake of Lake Don Pedro after after living on the Delta for the last 3 years chasing more trophies and getting back on my feet. It was 3 years to the day and I thought it would be fitting to go throw big baits in a pond that I love and miss. I was blessed with a little closure and a day I will never forget!! 7 years of great memories and 80 plus days on the water/ year while living up there..Last Friday nite we hit a great night bite 12/10/10 at Mclure for a 3lber festival that lasted til midnite and fished the next day at Don Pedro and stuck this 15.2 lb fat pig to top my old best of 13 #'s . Yes, she was safely released and dove down deep so that you other fellas that truly love this sport can pursue her and her future offspring. She was very healthy and looked like she has many years of life ahead....Enjoy!!

Well back to the Delta for now.

Dave Holmes
Attachments
15.2 lb bass.jpg
15.2 lb bass.jpg (1.75 KiB) Viewed 2905 times

SethB
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Humboldt

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby SethB » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:22 am

Ataboy. Nice fish
Take a kid fishing

User avatar
macinckirk
Current LameNut
Posts: 2017
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: it is what it is

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby macinckirk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:40 am

Sweet :!:
Image

mark poulson
Posts: 10026
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 4:16 am
Location: Antioch, CA

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby mark poulson » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:04 am

SethB wrote:Ataboy. Nice fish


+1 Niiiiice!!!!!!!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY

User avatar
ash
SpeedBump
Posts: 4725
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 9:07 am
Location: DirtyD
Contact:

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby ash » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:37 am

Congrats, what a PIG!

Now for the juicy details, what is the story behind the catch? How did you get her, what was the fight like?


Again congratulations on this new PB that is a fish of memories! If you are looking to mount let me know and I will send you the info for the guy who did Marks Mount -

Ash

markguyver
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:56 am

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby markguyver » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:49 am

congrats Dave that is a beautiful fish, glad she went back healthy. mark PS: details on the catch please!!!!!

Oldschool
Posts: 1508
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby Oldschool » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:45 am

Congratulations on your first 15+lb giant LMB.
Tom

Rob Dickson
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:37 pm

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby Rob Dickson » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:18 am

Congrats on the fish, great catch.

Brian Linehan
Posts: 3410
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 2:19 pm
Location: Huntington Beach

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby Brian Linehan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:28 am

Congrats on the divorce!!!

User avatar
macinckirk
Current LameNut
Posts: 2017
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: it is what it is

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby macinckirk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:44 am

Brian Linehan wrote:Congrats on the divorce!!!

:lol: :lol: 8) 8)
i'll 2nd that :wink: :mrgreen:
Image

Kevin Evans - Kap
Posts: 610
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby Kevin Evans - Kap » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:21 am

Nice fat DD LMB, Congratulations.....

Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...

E man
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby E man » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:20 am

Way to get back on your feet and sticking a pig. Congrats!

norcaldave
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:46 pm
Location: Oakley, Ca

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby norcaldave » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:42 pm

ash wrote:Congrats, what a PIG!

Now for the juicy details, what is the story behind the catch? How did you get her, what was the fight like?


Again congratulations on this new PB that is a fish of memories! If you are looking to mount let me know and I will send you the info for the guy who did Marks Mount -

Ash


Thanks man...whatta day...missed 1 throwin hudd rof 16 all day until this. She hit 20 feet from the boat and I got a chance to see her flash and almost take off so I had to make a split second twitch that she turned on and crushed. She was in the boat so quick it was a complete rush with no room for error. My net partner reacted quick (ur the man Gil) and has been there for me for several 10+. I knew what I was doing and where I was throwin and so I was paying attention to every slow turn. But this one needed a little speed twitch to get her to commit or it would have been a 15lb sighting. lol.... 2 head shakes in and all be damned if the bait was on the outside of her mouth when she hit the net...Very close to being another fish story ! yikes!...sitting on points and throwin out to 40-50 feet of water..she hit in 20 feet of water

norcaldave
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:46 pm
Location: Oakley, Ca

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby norcaldave » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:49 pm

Brian Linehan wrote:Congrats on the divorce!!!


Thanks to everyone for the nice words and to Brian and Kirk for a good laugh!!!

All in all this Big Bait Fanatic is catching more fish after the divorce in and out of the h20....1 for us!!! lol....

...waters high, turbulent AND WINDY here on Sandmound..good day for a fire!...wonder if my neighbor Cooch is fishing?

Dave Holmes

norcaldave
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:46 pm
Location: Oakley, Ca

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby norcaldave » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:07 pm

markguyver wrote:congrats Dave that is a beautiful fish, glad she went back healthy. mark PS: details on the catch please!!!!!


details above mark...also a higher res pic on the photo page that Tony posted..I couldn't post a higher res pic here but I have many and there may possibly be good pics in BassWest Febr issue...crossing my fingers.. she was 27.2 long and 23 girth and not lookin anywhere near the end of her life!! :D

Dave

User avatar
dbbasser
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:04 am
Location: Ocala,Fl

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby dbbasser » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:05 pm

Congrats on a truely huge fish :!:

Danny B.

User avatar
Turkeyman
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:42 pm
Location: Hilmar, Ca

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby Turkeyman » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Nice fish, I caught a 15-3 at Pedro almost 2 years ago. She was 27" long and 22" girth. Maybe sisters?

User avatar
Guyle
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:37 am
Location: Delta

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby Guyle » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:59 pm

NICE!!! :D

barse41
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:49 pm
Location: waterford

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby barse41 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:34 am

someday......

Congrats
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot

User avatar
ash
SpeedBump
Posts: 4725
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 9:07 am
Location: DirtyD
Contact:

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby ash » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:07 am

norcaldave wrote:
ash wrote:Congrats, what a PIG!

Now for the juicy details, what is the story behind the catch? How did you get her, what was the fight like?


Again congratulations on this new PB that is a fish of memories! If you are looking to mount let me know and I will send you the info for the guy who did Marks Mount -

Ash


Thanks man...whatta day...missed 1 throwin hudd rof 16 all day until this. She hit 20 feet from the boat and I got a chance to see her flash and almost take off so I had to make a split second twitch that she turned on and crushed. She was in the boat so quick it was a complete rush with no room for error. My net partner reacted quick (ur the man Gil) and has been there for me for several 10+. I knew what I was doing and where I was throwin and so I was paying attention to every slow turn. But this one needed a little speed twitch to get her to commit or it would have been a 15lb sighting. lol.... 2 head shakes in and all be damned if the bait was on the outside of her mouth when she hit the net...Very close to being another fish story ! yikes!...sitting on points and throwin out to 40-50 feet of water..she hit in 20 feet of water



Thats a great story, I always enjoy hearing the details of the event and the excitment of these big fish - thanks for sharing this it gets me pumped up to go out there and get my first Teener

norcaldave
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:46 pm
Location: Oakley, Ca

Re: 15.2 swimbait fish

Postby norcaldave » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:57 am

Turkeyman wrote:Nice fish, I caught a 15-3 at Pedro almost 2 years ago. She was 27" long and 22" girth. Maybe sisters?



wow. could be, specs are almost identical...Your fish should be in the 17lb range by now if they grow a pound year...At least thats what I hear but I am sure metabolism slows them down....Congrats to you too and you obviously know the excitement and high a fish like that brings...

cheers!


Return to “Fishing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4BlackBass, ACrane fishing, Smokie, Whoopbass and 13 guests