Loomis NRX???

snapitoff2002

Loomis NRX???

Post by snapitoff2002 »

Anybody been out fishing with these bad boys??? I know they are some serious coin, but every time I'm at Phil's, we can't help but pull one off the rack and day dream about what they feel like hahah. Kind of wondered if someone had the 853, or 854. Wonder what fishes like the 844GLX...
Josh Palmer

"Champions keep playing till they get it right"
DanIsaac

Re: Loomis NRX???

Post by DanIsaac »

snapitoff2002 wrote:Anybody been out fishing with these bad boys??? I know they are some serious coin, but every time I'm at Phil's, we can't help but pull one off the rack and day dream about what they feel like hahah. Kind of wondered if someone had the 853, or 854. Wonder what fishes like the 844GLX...

Balance, sensitivity, and bite detection is unbelievable. Absolutely heads above the 844 and other GLX models.Addictive is best description I can give em'

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
2ndsuks

Post by 2ndsuks »

Not trying to start a rod war here just giving my opinion, I can't see what's so great about the nrx. Yea it's a nice rod but balance is definitely not one of it's strong suits. Great components with a decent improvement of eye appeal (for G-Loomis) but nothing cutting edge to justify a whopping $500. With all the hype on this new line of rods, I was honestly let down the first time I held one in my hands. From a practicability standpoint, I see the Loomis die-hards sticking with the imx and glx.
My 02
some guy

Post by some guy »

My buddy has quite a few of the NRX's and I havent fished them all, but the ones I have picked up and fished a bit are insane. I never thought a rod would be able to replace my GLX's and if I had the coin I would replace all my GLX with NRX's. Hands down the best jig rods I have ever felt. Blows my 893 , 853 and 844 GLX's out of the water. If you have the coin to pick one up, you should. Slap a core 50 on one and you have the baddest jig rod around.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><