BassMasters Classic and KVD

DeltaBound

BassMasters Classic and KVD

Post by DeltaBound »

Why does it seem like the BassMasters Classic is always on an impoundment that KVD is very comfortable with? I've read where KVD says he doesn't like to fish the California Delta because of Robert Lee being so dominant on the Delta. I've also read that he doesn't like Lake Mead either. I like the way Ray Scott aranged the classic on a Mystery Lake . KVD can fish that's for sure, but can he do as well on a lake like Mead?
ken burk

Re: BassMasters Classic and KVD

Post by ken burk »

YES!
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

this guy can adapt as quick as possible to lakes...yes he'd do very well there!
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
sker13

Post by sker13 »

KVD is a great fisherman no doubt. But, I think west coast guys with more than a couple U.S. Opens under their belt would crush him at Mead for a while before he could compete. I know his network of information is very strong so that would definitely cut down the learning curve.
There's One, Sterling
Hardcore Bass Apparel
hcbass.com
adman

Post by adman »

Kinda have to disagree with you Elf, KVD if memory serves has never done particularly well in the west. Don't know how much of it is his style of fishing, his network of helpers isn't as strong out here, or what, but my guess is he'd be middle of the pack also-ran on mead, probably havasu as well.

No panties in a twist, he is the bass fisherman in the country today and tough as nails but I find it interesting that west coast fisherman do better back east than east coast fisherman do in the west. (At least I think the data supports that contention)

I'm still glad he won't be on Casitas anytime soon...
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

adman wrote:I find it interesting that west coast fisherman do better back east than east coast fisherman do in the west. (At least I think the data supports that contention)
If you think about it, the west coast guys have a lot more opportunities to do well back east than the east coast guys have opportunities out west. Two tournaments out west every other year or so vs all the rest back east.
adman

Post by adman »

Yup good point. But they have a greater number of fisherman too I think. I suppose it is a pointless argument. They are all either good, well-connected or both.