Wright and Dispensiero Take Piru USAC!

Brian Linehan

Wright and Dispensiero Take Piru USAC!

Post by Brian Linehan »

First of all, I want to thank all of the teams who chose USAC and fished our Lake Lake Piru derby today. We had a strong field of 34 teams vying for the title. The weather was absolutely perfect and many teams caught at least 20 fish throughout the day.

Congrats to Jay Wright and Cory Dispensiero for taking the win with 17.85 lbs! They won $2,785 and absolutely put a clinic on this morning. Excellent job guys!!!

Full story and pics will be posted tomorrow. After two consecutive days on the road, I'm beat and need to catch up on my ZZZ's!

Once again, thank you so much to all of the teams who are supporting the USAC Southern California Region and to our loyal sponsors who are providing the best giveaways out there. For today's results and current YTD standings, please see below.

Piru Results
http://www.usanglerschoice.net/2007resu ... value=2164
YTD AOY
http://www.usanglerschoice.net/2007data ... region=216
Last edited by Brian Linehan on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guy Williams

Re: Wright and Dispensiero Take Piru USAC!

Post by Guy Williams »

Way to go Jay!!!!
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

They make a stong team.
Jay can flat out catch them, and so can Cory.
Great to see Cory back in action.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Great job guys!
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Beautiful Lake Piru
Bambi
Cory D and Jay Wright absolutely whacked em!
Jay Wright fighting one to the boat.
Soon Lee won the Rago Rat for The Rat Limit Award
Steve Davies of Team Davies
Happy Birthday to Steve Rauch!
Kathy Hartman happy with some Don's Smoking Salmon
Matt Newman with another Big Fish honors!
Cory D with second big fish!
John Choi with a nice fish
Cory and Jay with 17.85lbs of bass! Congrats boys!!!
Second Place- Jeff Segers and Jeff Dunn (Picture lost somewhere....sorry gents!)
Third Place Ron Cervenka and Jerry Ballesteros
Fourth Place Brad Szarkowski and Lenny Scinto
Fifth Place Martin Wall and Gil Valadez (Not Pictured)
Sixth Place Keith Kohr and Willie Barnes
mike goodwin

Post by mike goodwin »

Brian, looks like another great job on your part. Very nice pictures. You da man bro.

Jay and brother Cory congrats on a great day.

MG
corydispensiero

Post by corydispensiero »

Hey Mike I couldn't help but respond when I saw your nice words. You and I have talked many times about some pretty deep stuff and it's always awesome to see or hear your positive words directed towards me. I definitely respect you as a person and even more as a man. You have always encouraged me to look beyond me. With are talks it's a lot more then fishing, just having you say congratulations or good job speaks volumes.

Winning a Team Tournament is always cool and I guess you can say I have done it a few times. What I can't say is how cool the experience was to win with Jay. That experience is right there with winning a derby with my Dad and that's always cool because my Dad is always so stoked. I have to mention Jay on this because he truly has made it possible for me to even be participating in life again. In the past couple of years I struggled with a major issue that all but took me completely away from fishing, family, my passions in life and all my goals.

Today I am just grateful for the opportunity to go to the lake and be around all the fellow fishermen. Winning and fishing for that matter is definitely secondary to just being able to participate in life again. I could name a million people in just a couple seconds of thought that I am really grateful for. Venturing away from this past weekend I cannot thank Edgar Uyema enough for being a great friend to me. I love fishing so much and I am just so grateful today to have friends like Shaun, Justin, Trent and great motivators like Brian, John, Mike etc. and to just be involved with fishermen at all levels.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Cory,
I think I speak for everyone when I say welcome back.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
mike goodwin

Post by mike goodwin »

Cory, you know I will always be there for you. Yes we have had some loooonnngg talks and you are living proof that if you listen
close enough friends will say things that really hit home. But YOU are the only one that can close the book on past junk. I have
told you so many times that there is a hell of a good fishermen in your boots, but you were the one who had to relocate that
guy. I know you found that guy awhile back and Clint and I are very proud of you. You stay on course bro and you will continue to be young man with alot of potential not only as a fisherman but as a human. Kept up the great work!
Thanks for your kind words bro.

MG