Abu Garcia Veritas Rods

Randy Walker

Abu Garcia Veritas Rods

Post by Randy Walker »

For anybody that has been considering checking out the new Abu Garcia Veritas line of rods, you need to follow through with your consideration... it's well worth it...
Check out this link for more information:

http://www.rbbassfishing.net/2011/03/14 ... itas-rods/
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
bassaddict707

Re: Abu Garcia Veritas Rods

Post by bassaddict707 »

I have recently purchased the veritas 7'6'' rod, love it great balance, sensitivity, and strength. On top of all that it doesn't weigh anything. After purchasing the veritas i went and picked up the verdict for a drop shot rod same thing love it, the extenda handle was hard to get used to, but it does serve a purpose for finesse fishing. Very impressed and perfect for the "lower" budget bass fisherman, highly suggest it if your in the market.
kderbish

Post by kderbish »

I love these rods.
mojobassin

Post by mojobassin »

these rods are sick and in my price range
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I'm converting all my rods over.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Max Rabbit

Post by Max Rabbit »

My buddy has one paired with an SX and its an awesome setup. Like the guy above said this rod feels like it weighs nothing. Have the Vendetta too for a jig rod. its nice but nothing like the Veritas.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

hate to be a kill joy with a different position on this rod, but I have found the opposite. I purchased two Veritas rods for throwing jigs, price was right and I thought why not try it out. After using the rods three times, here are a few things I didn't like:

1. Reel seat - very difficult to take off a reel after tightening it down securely. Because there is no knurled area on the forward clamp, you will need pliers to remove the reel afterwards.
2. The blank itself seemed unbalanced and heavier than its counterpart Vendetta series (which I do recommend)
3. Guides - on both rods the ceramic eyes came out, and on one rod an entire guide came off (was not securely fastened/tied to the blank).

Keep in mind,your mileage may vary and you may never have a problem. Again, this is what "I" encountered with my purchase.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
201Pro

Post by 201Pro »

Brian D. wrote:hate to be a kill joy with a different position on this rod, but I have found the opposite. I purchased two Veritas rods for throwing jigs, price was right and I thought why not try it out. After using the rods three times, here are a few things I didn't like:

1. Reel seat - very difficult to take off a reel after tightening it down securely. Because there is no knurled area on the forward clamp, you will need pliers to remove the reel afterwards.
2. The blank itself seemed unbalanced and heavier than its counterpart Vendetta series (which I do recommend)
3. Guides - on both rods the ceramic eyes came out, and on one rod an entire guide came off (was not securely fastened/tied to the blank).

Keep in mind,your mileage may vary and you may never have a problem. Again, this is what "I" encountered with my purchase.

Regarding the reel seat, I also noticed this same issue. However a little Vaseline solved this problem.
Chris
=========================
2004 Ranger 521VX, ETEC250HO
8" Atlas Hydro Plate, 25p Tempest+
Hotfoot/ProTrim/4-bank Dual Pro
2x Blade Series Power Poles
Minn Kota Fortrex 112
Lowrance HDS12 Carbon & Gen3
=========================
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Hey Brian,
Man...sorry to hear that you have had some difficulties with the new rods. I can tell you this, I for one am actually happy that the reel seat screw down is hard to get off (but I don't need to change reels around either), you never have to worry about your reel popping off while setting the hook or fighting a fish... that's the bright side. I did actually have it lock down on my first rod when I was testing it out... I was able to get it off by simply pushing back on the front of the reel and gently trying to move the reel back and forth to the left/right, while loosening the screw down...it happened to work for me... give that a try next time.

With the guide and the inserts, maybe just a batch that were not secured...? hopefully that is not an ongoing concern with others...

Thanks for sharing your insight to the rods and what you have encountered with them... I like to know what others feel or have dealt with so I know what to look for...which really goes for anything I purchase as a consumer...that's what great about this forum... folks sharing!

Thanks again and good fishing ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
TRUFISH

Post by TRUFISH »

As an avid ABU Garcia user the v-series of rods are really nice. I have vendetta and verdict rods. The vendetta rods have a softer action than the stiffer actions of the verdict. But I have to say the Verdict's are very light and really sensitive. I pair both of these rods with revo sx reels and they are perfectly balanced. I do tighten my reel seat screws really tight so that the possiblity of my reel coming off doesn't happen. I have not had a problem with that happening. I have let my team partners and friends try these combo's out and they loved them so much that they purchased some for themselves. I do fish alot of tournaments in the delta, so I would highly recommend everyone to try at least one. I hope this helps.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

My only complaint, is while I plan to replace all my rods with Veritas, there isn't a big enough selection in the spinning rods. There is no heavy rod. That might no be a factor to most, but its a big one to me as I cannot use casting reels due to my disability. I would like to see a few of their casting rods of different powers and actions converted to the spinning reel side of the Veritas line.

I heard rumor new powers and actions are forthcoming but belief is in the seeing.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
nipples

Post by nipples »

I can't stand that the rods are white... I would give one a try if it was black, but definitely not a white rod (nor orange or fairy yellow either)... I don't want the eye strain of a reflective colored rod while I am concentrating on the water or my line. There is a reason black rods sell better and it has nothing to do with style. As is, the Veritas rods have 2 big strikes against them, Mike Iaconelli and the color, both suck, but the color is the real deal breaker.
Do it like no one is watching...
Voges123

Post by Voges123 »

How Does The Rod Reflect On Mike.Iaconelli's The Man.The Rods Are Incredible.I Have His Rods An There The Best Price An They Fit My Needs.An That Fact Is You Havent Given The Rods A Try Cause There White...... :mrgreen:
new2bassfishin

Post by new2bassfishin »

Being pondering getting one for some time, what is the best model for all around fishing? frogs, Cranks, spinners, top water, jigs, etc..???
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Hey New2,
One perfect rod for all of the applications you listed is going to be pretty tough...but if your talking about the Veritas series, the VRC73-6 will serve as a very nice multiple application rod. The rod is 7'3" and is rated medium heavy. The length is still long enough to make your long casts for lures like bigger crankbaits, small swimbaits, chatterbaits, lipless vibrating baits and casting jigs...but yet still somewhat short enough to make roll cast with spinnerbaits or make casts with a frog under low hanging branches. Depending on the lure and how you adjust your reel drag, you can get away with using this rod for multiple applications...but with such a low price tag, you may just find yourself picking up a couple others for specific techniques in the future.

Hopefully you give one a try... Good Luck ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Hey nipples,
LOL... I really thought I was going to have a problem with white as well... I got to admit... for the first 20 minutes or so, it was totally different fishing with such a bright rod. I too have always used I guess more traditional black or gray blanks... but I got to tell you, after that initial 20 minutes or so...that was it. I really did not pay attention to the color anymore. It did not distract me on the water nor did I have a problem with focusing on fishing due to the white rod. Yes, it's different...but not enough to disrupt most anglers I wouldn't think, but I could be wrong and it just may affect some. I'm pretty picky when it comes too many things...but honestly the white rod was not something that I had to think twice about...
Not sure where you live or fish...but If I am ever near you I would let you fish with one so you can really see if it would drive you crazy or not...then you would know for sure...because it's too bad, your missing out on trying out a pretty darn good rod.

Take it easy ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
flipit

Post by flipit »

new2bassfishin wrote:Being pondering getting one for some time, what is the best model for all around fishing? frogs, Cranks, spinners, top water, jigs, etc..???

There is no one rod by any company that would fit that bill for me. I use many of the Veritas rods, and Verdicts as well as another brand. Those baits you listed, to me require different rods, atleast 3 that I can think of off the top of my head. Id prefer a medium Veritas for cranks, traps, and blades. Jigs the 7'3 is awesome, but not meant for light baits, I fish 1/2 oz and up to 1oz. I also use this rod for toad thrashers and the sort. Top waters I prefer a softer rod, frogs are golden on the 7'3. The 7'3 is a great rod, but Id suggest other models for cranking, spinnerbaits and top waters. If ya want a grade above, the Verdict is worth every penny.
Fishing should be fun.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

nipples wrote:I can't stand that the rods are white... I would give one a try if it was black, but definitely not a white rod (nor orange or fairy yellow either)... I don't want the eye strain of a reflective colored rod while I am concentrating on the water or my line. There is a reason black rods sell better and it has nothing to do with style. As is, the Veritas rods have 2 big strikes against them, Mike Iaconelli and the color, both suck, but the color is the real deal breaker.
Racist :D
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I do a lot of night fishing when the weather is good. I think these rods will work perfect for that with my black lights