TOLEDO BEND INFO???????

Basslab

TOLEDO BEND INFO???????

Post by Basslab »

Headed for Texas on the 5th of April and will be forgoing my usual Lake Fork trip this year and will be spending time on Toledo Bend. Naturally, this will be my first time on this lake and if anyone has some info, I will gratefully listen. I will not be taking any rods and reels as my brother has that but thinking of packing one big Plano box with some "special" goodies and once again will listen to suggestions. Thanks y'all.
ken a

Re: TOLEDO BEND INFO???????

Post by ken a »

Well I just got back from T.B and spent a the first week of march there. We were catching a lot of fish there until a cold snap. The first few days it was warm and the water temps were in the mid 60's. We caught a lot of fish with Rattle traps and white spinner baits. However when it cooled off it was 6"zoom lizards. The water is clear and a good idea to fish around the grass with submerged wood. The water is too low to fish most of the brushy areas like in the past. Good luck
Basslab

Post by Basslab »

Thanks for the info Ken and I'll be certain to have some blades and other unique CA goodies. Will let you know how I do upon return.
DG

Post by DG »

Len,
Don't forget the watermelon flukes and the green pumpkin Brushogs!! :lol:
"And Jesus said unto them,come ye after me and I will make you become fishers of men"
<+}}}><