Delta Guide?

Voges123

Delta Guide?

Post by Voges123 »

Anyone no of a delta guide,the delta's one of my stuggles,want to learn a little more about it,,no to expensive.Thanks!!!
rmd

Re: Delta Guide?

Post by rmd »

Give Cooch a call he the best
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Bobby Barrack
Andy Cuccia (Cooch)
Randy Pringle
Don Paganelli
Last edited by Skeeterman on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Skeeterman wrote:Bobby Barrack
Andy Cuccia (Couch)
Randy Pringle
Don Paganelli
Yea ole Cooochie has become a "COUCH" potato HAR HAR :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
WON BASSIN

Post by WON BASSIN »

Another good stick on the Delta would be Mike O'Shea. You can check out his latest Delta report on his site.

http://www.caldeltaguide.com/
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248
rip555

Post by rip555 »

Vince Borges has put me on my two biggest fish to date. One was a 8.5 and another was a 7.5. On top of that, he has awesome equipment on his boat.

You can check him out at http://vinceborgesoutdoors.com/
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Yea ole Cooochie has become a "COUCH" potato HAR HAR, Ok I fixed it. :D
Robchik

Post by Robchik »

Plug for Rus Snyder. I've never been on a guide trip with him, but i've seen some of his YouTube Vids and read his reports. Seems like a real knowledgable guy.
http://www.robchik.com
ASD

Post by ASD »

Call Cooch ! You wont B sorry + He has the best scale around :lol:
onemocast

Post by onemocast »

Mike O'shea
JIM EATON onemocast@yahoo.com

dmcustombaits.com
abugarcia.com
berkley-fishing.com
purefishing.com
BHQ.com
froteur

Post by froteur »

rip555 wrote:Vince Borges has put me on my two biggest fish to date. One was a 8.5 and another was a 7.5. On top of that, he has awesome equipment on his boat.

You can check him out at http://vinceborgesoutdoors.com/
not sure about him as a guide. j/k :twisted: but i do envy all of his phenix rods.
froteur

Post by froteur »

u can throw rich thiel into the mix too
nipples

Post by nipples »

If you are looking for bang for the buck, and you want to learn a lot, my vote goes to Cooch.

http://www.coochsfishing.com/

Good luck,

-Nips-
Do it like no one is watching...
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

Bobby Barrack-The guy will work his tail off for you. 2nd choice-Mike O'SHea
firecop

Post by firecop »

Bobby Barrack
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="ASD"]Call Cooch ! You wont B sorry + He has the best scale around :lol:[/quote]

This cracked me up. I had some fun with Coochie today. It had been a while since I'd seen the skinny pric* :D :D No one has a scale like Coochie.....one of a kind :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cooch will give you a great trip on the Delta for real. He does a great job. So does Bobby and others. Hell I'd like to ride with Coochie, we would have a blast and catch some fish.
obsessed fisherman

Post by obsessed fisherman »

Fished with Bobby Barrack 3 times for bass and once for stripers. I would highly recommend him if you want to fish your arss off for a day.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

If you really want to learn the delta, pay Cooch to guide you in your boat, with your equipment..... You will probably save a little money and will learn how to get the most out of your equipment..... just a thought...

James
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Actually, this is not a common practice with me and most licensed guides as it is not covered under our Guiding Insurance Riders. Also if'n I remember correctly, the first time I applied for a Guide's License from the DFG 12+ years ago, I had to register my vessel with them. Upon renewal since, they do ask for the boat type & model only, so there could be stipulations with the DFG that prevent us from guiding in non-registered vessels as well. The insurance thing is more than enough for me to disuade anglers who make this request. I've only done this like 2-3 times in 15+ years though, due to a boat break down just prior to a trip and having to avoid resheduling the trip months later.
JamesH wrote:If you really want to learn the delta, pay Cooch to guide you in your boat, with your equipment.....
Sumo

Post by Sumo »

I started out the same way you are going and I think it is a excellent move to go with a professional guide who knows the delta well, knows the fish, the tides, the different baits, seasonal patterns, etc. I personally think that each and every guide that has been mentioned can be a good choice and I have been out with most including Randy Pringle, who was not mentioned. As far as pricing is concerned, they all run about the same give or take. I think the biggest thing you have to ask yourself is what are you looking for? Are you looking for numbers, trophy bass, learning the delta areas, etc. then see which ones fit what you are looking for. I myself went out with many since each one has their own specialty but any of them will give you more than your money's worth. You can also talk to them about a short day since some of them may have days that they cannot fish all day and they will be willing to fit you in.

Ha, Ha, I am very comfortable with Cooch since his style fits me perfectly and I have the most fun with him. He loves to talk but he is aware of everything you are doing from changing baits, your style of fishing and such and will point out things, good or bad, and correct them to make me a better fisherman.

You cannot learn the delta in one outting but get the right start with anyone of these professional they can teach you a lot in one day!

I wish Doybns was a guide I would hire him just to be able to give him a bad time for 8 hours or so!!!

Good Luck and Tight Lines!
Dale (Sumo)
Voges123

Post by Voges123 »

Thanks for the reponses an sumo yeah id rather get help from a professional who knows it all so im not running around the delta like a chicken with its head cut off.I think ill go with cooch being ive heard alot about him an hes been doing it for so long.Did you learn much by getting help from a guide?
Sumo

Post by Sumo »

I cannot tell you how much I have learned going out with these guys. As I stated each one has there favorite way of fishing. The biggest task is trying to put it in one big package. I think learning the various areas to fish without getting lost is the biggest task then it is learning the habits of the fish during the seasons, baits to use vs size of fish you are looking for, tidal effects vs position of fish, etc. I still do not know the Delta that well considering since i only get to fish mostly on weekends and very seldom fish freshwater during the summer. You will learn about boat speed, running the boat in different currents, the latest and greatest lures to use, new tactics like punching, basic color patterns but the best thing is you can have a list of questions and all of them will answer them without hesitation. I would bring a map, notepad and if you have a handheld gps bring that too. You cannot learn it all in one trip but you certainly can get a great start in learning the best fishery on the West Coast for Bass! Feel free to email me or PM me anytime.
Dale (Sumo)
DPetty

Post by DPetty »

If you want a quality guide that will work his tail off all day. I have used Mando's Guide Service many times. The amont of information I have obtained is immeasurable. I can run from the break to potatoe, then some and back. Fish everything inbetween and never get lost or skunked. Mando will ask all the right questions prior to launch in an effort to give you the personal information that YOU want, as opposed to just taking you fishing and passing on information that will not benefit your personal needs.

I personally guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Mando's Guide Service
1-408-239-9844

Have a great day,
Don Petty
Californiakid4

Post by Californiakid4 »

I would go with Vince Borges.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="DPetty"]If you want a quality guide that will work his tail off all day. I have used Mando's Guide Service many times. The amont of information I have obtained is immeasurable. I can run from the break to potatoe, then some and back. Fish everything inbetween and never get lost or skunked. Mando will ask all the right questions prior to launch in an effort to give you the personal information that YOU want, as opposed to just taking you fishing and passing on information that will not benefit your personal needs.

I personally guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Mando's Guide Service
1-408-239-9844

Have a great day,
Don Petty[/quote]

I agree I did not know Mando was still guiding. He's catching BIG ones right now and will do you right too. Great guy too!!
str8upirish

Post by str8upirish »

Is Sapp still around?
Old Trapper Beef Jerky Best In the West
http://www.oldtrapper.com/
Phenix Rods
http://www.phenixrods.com/
River 2 Sea
http://www.river2seausa.com/
California Reservoir Lures
http://www.californiareservoirlures.com/
BHQ
http://bassanglerhq.com/
mmalinao

Post by mmalinao »

I went with a guide for the same reason....tired of spending all kinds of money and time driving to the Delta, fishing for 13 hours and catching like 5 fish.

Went out with Randy Pringle and we nailed em all day! Multiple dinks and 2-3lbrs, a 5.5 & and fat 8.5 kicker! Asked as many questions as I could, got a way better understanding of WHY we were catching fish..ect.

I would recommend going by yourself as well, I know it's cheaper to split it...BUT having that one on one is priceless!

I'm going out this Sunday with Matt Newman to really learn how to swimbait fish...STOKED!!

Any questions, feel free to PM me!

-Mike
-Mike Malinao
Big Lambinski

Post by Big Lambinski »

I am sure you can't go wrong with any of the folks listed. These guys have made a name in the industry for two reasons being very personable and most importantly putting people on fish. The delta is one of the most magnificent, tricky, and bountiful water bodies in California (IMHO).

One guy that is a great mentor, teacher, and brings honest simple perspective is Jerry Fournier. I personally know he is a man with great perspective and honesty, as his integrity is second to none. He will work hard to show you and teach you what you want to know.

http://jerryfournier.com/
Steve Lamb
www.blancobasura.com
www.rangerboats.com
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="Big Lambinski"]I am sure you can't go wrong with any of the folks listed. These guys have made a name in the industry for two reasons being very personable and most importantly putting people on fish. The delta is one of the most magnificent, tricky, and bountiful water bodies in California (IMHO).

One guy that is a great mentor, teacher, and brings honest simple perspective is Jerry Fournier. I personally know he is a man with great perspective and honesty, as his integrity is second to none. He will work hard to show you and teach you what you want to know.

[url]http://jerryfournier.com/[/url][/quote]

Wow. I did not know Jerry was guiding . :oops: :oops: Another AAA Plus guy. Sounds like the Delta has all the good guides :D
BigRob

Post by BigRob »

hands down Bobby Barrack.....you will not be dissapointed
Marty

Post by Marty »

Check Angie’s List :lol: