I am out of here

Smitty

I am out of here

Post by Smitty »

To those who give a .... I have accepted a job and am relocating to New York for a little while then on to Dallas, Tx. Probably not many pro am's in my future, but Lake Lewisville will be 10 minutes from my house so the boat is coming with and Julie and I plan on hitting some team circuits once I get adjusted to working full time again. I will check in on the board form time to time.

Smitty
aka Rich Smith
tunaman

Re: I am out of here

Post by tunaman »

Vaya con dios my friend... too bad we never really got a chance to hook up in the area, but perhaps our paths will cross again down the road.

Best of luck to you and Julie - stay in touch!

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Matt M.

Post by Matt M. »

Good Luck to Julie and you. I'm bummed I wasn't able to get up to NorCal, and see you two, but thats life. Show those east coasters how its done!

Matt Metroka
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Take care Smitty. Best of luck to you and Julie.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
DanWarme

Post by DanWarme »

Best of luck.

BTW, there is a HUGE tourney scene on TX.
Interest in fishing back east puts CA to shame.
You will find every kind of format you could hope for.
DW

Host Bazz Clazz Videos

http://www.bazzclazz.com

All other things being equal, I'd rather be catchin' than fishin'
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Best of luck Rich, we'll all miss you! Hope the east coast and Texas treats you and Julie well.
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
Long Nguyen

Post by Long Nguyen »

Best of luck to you Rich...though I know you won't need it. I thoroughly enjoyed the day together on the water last year. You'll always have friends out here should you feel the need to visit our waters.

God Speed.

Long
sTony

Post by sTony »

I'm sure we'll cross paths again soon. Hope you and Julie have a great experience back east and then on in Texas.

sTony
DL

Post by DL »

More of us care than you think :D Good luck in NY and when you get to Dallas. I have been to both cities more than once...and Dallas is by far the better place to live. NY is NY but you cant drive 20 minutes in any direction near Dallas and not pass a launch ramp.

BTW, 100 boat fields are the norm in Texas :mrgreen:
"Feel the steel"
Rich461

Post by Rich461 »

Look up Mark Perry when you get to Dallas. Good local pro. He is on bassboatcentral.com
Last edited by Rich461 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1997 Ranger 461VS
Topwater Terry

Post by Topwater Terry »

Good luck back east Smitty. I bet you will love the fishing around Dallas, when you are coming into Love Field you can see lakes as far as the eye can see...
nipples

Post by nipples »

Congrats on the new job. NY has more bass fishing than California and Texass combined (I met my wife in NY and I was shocked when I learned how many bass lakes were in NY and NJ. You cant drive 30 minutes in any direction without hitting one, they do quite a few Bassmasters there as well). There are so many lakes out there that you will have a hard time deciding which one to fish. And there are tons of team tourneys in NY and NJ as well. You will have a blast out there providing you are ok with humidity (same goes for Texass, I have relatives that live between Ray Roberts and Texoma and have fished both many times, but the humidity all over Texass can be a bee-otch). So you are in for some really good fishing (both fun and tourney) in both places.

Best wishes and good luck,

-Nips-
Do it like no one is watching...
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

we'll miss ya Rich! Thanks for all you've done for me! you gave me confidence when i needed it most. Get er done and come back soon!

Paul Bailey
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

SAFE TRAVELS!

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

tunaman wrote:Vaya con dios my friend... too bad we never really got a chance to hook up in the area, but perhaps our paths will cross again down the road.

Best of luck to you and Julie - stay in touch!

Roger
Same here Rich - here is to your sanity, I know that you and Julie always make the best of it. I only regret we didnt hook up to do some fishing together, keep us posted on your travels and where you end up landing; and give my best to Julie - the stick on Team Smitty
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Rich,

drop a dime online from time to time, we will be here hanging out making it day by day. I am sure things will work out for you guys. best of luck to you and your family :)
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="Rich461"]Look up Mark Perry when you get to Dallas. Good local pro. He is on bassboatcentral.com[/quote]

Best of luck also. I get to Texas pretty often. Great places around there. I'll 2nd looking up Mark Perry. Great guy!! I can name a few more there for you too. They are friendly people who LIVE for fishing in that state.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Good luck to you and Julie in yer new adventures in life Rich. Change happens for a reason and my guess is yer on the right path to finding yer cheese! Thanks for all the help at the Pro-teen over the years and look forward to hearing from ya once ya git settled in back there!