BEST SPINNING REEL LINE???

onemocast

BEST SPINNING REEL LINE???

Post by onemocast »

I'm sure this topic has been covered a million times, but instead of scrolling through topics for hours, I am just going to ask it again. I use to use Cuda ( copolymer) for 8# to 10# applications like finesse type fishing, but they dont make it anymore. I have heard seaguar invisx ( yellow/blue label) is the greatest> I liked cuda soo much because of its almost 0 memory and great casting on a spinning reel, not to mention how strong it is. needless to say I am looking for new spinning line,and dont want to spend the house payment expierimenting trying to get it right....please give me suggestions and input, it would be greatly appreciated.
JIM EATON onemocast@yahoo.com

dmcustombaits.com
abugarcia.com
berkley-fishing.com
purefishing.com
BHQ.com
FishDiver

Re: BEST SPINNING REEL LINE???

Post by FishDiver »

My favorite is 15# Power Pro with a mono or fluorocarbon leader.
MT

Post by MT »

try yozuri hybrid the braid with a leader works great also
onemocast

Post by onemocast »

so I take it you braid guys have no issue/ or insecurities with using braid in a finesse situation...even with a flouro leader....? i have never tried it so I cant say, but I know that with braid you will get the sensitivity, but when you feel the fish, the fish feels you. Is that a good thing when your'e fishing a finicky bite and using finesse ( flick shake, drop shop, light jigs)? Hell, I'll try anything once.

dmcustombaits.com
abugarcia.com
berkley-fishing.com
purefishing.com
BHQ.com
KrazyBasstard

Post by KrazyBasstard »

Try 10 pound power pro with 4-10 pound seagaur invizx leader depending on the app. Zero memory and line twist and tons of sensitivity. Once i tried the braid i never went back to straight mono or flouro.
allmovin

Post by allmovin »

Lake Fork FluoroHybrid. Thinner than Yo-Zuri and not quite a stiff, but just as strong. I was using Yo-Zuri Hybrid almost exclusivley until I came across this line.
onemocast

Post by onemocast »

thanks for the suggestions.....I like the 10# poer pro braid idea with seagaur leader. Sounds economical, as you can use the heck out of braid before needing to be replaced. Krazybasstard- how much leader are you using?

dmcustombaits.com
abugarcia.com
berkley-fishing.com
purefishing.com
BHQ.com
B. Worm

Post by B. Worm »

Very good info from all....not tryin to hyjack your thread onemocast 8) ......but since were on the topic what is the best 4 lb. line out there, what about 6lb & 8lb..... seems like most approve of the power-pro as the main line with a leader..... is everyone using a blood knot to attach or is there a easier one, and yes leader length :?: I too cant waste too much diaper money :lol:
Thanx :mrgreen:
onemocast

Post by onemocast »

since I have been flirting with this braid-to-flouro thing, I you-\tubed a video on the double-uni knot, it seems to be super easy ( I nailed it my first time) and suppose to be the strongest.....

dmcustombaits.com
abugarcia.com
berkley-fishing.com
purefishing.com
BHQ.com
Rich461

Post by Rich461 »

I have used them all and the one I like most is Berkley Trilene MAxx 8#. It has great spooling, low kink, and it
has the sensitivity of flouro almost. Very impressed with it last year. I used to use Basspro's Excel but about
a year or so ago they changed manufacturers and the new stuff was horrible. So that is when I found this.
Suffix would be my second choice. If you get stuck somewhere and need line go with Berkley's RedBox Trilene XL.

A few years ago some of the guys in the bass club had a line challenge. We did everything we could to some of the
lines back then and Silverthread AN40 won hands down. We sawed the 8# back and forth into a 4x4 almost a 1/4" before
it broke. The only problem with the AN40 was; it liked to coil up a lot.

Check out this website about the Maxx.
http://www.berkley-fishing.com/products ... ilene-maxx
1997 Ranger 461VS
calfisher71

Post by calfisher71 »

If you are looking for a top notch finesse line try Berkley 100% Flourocarbon you will be quite happy!

If you want a good economical line with similar qualities to what you were using try Berkley Sensation.

I have used both in 6-8lb lines and been happy with both.

I tournament fish alot of Califonia high pressured lakes where finesse is a key and have been happy with both lines.

I also recomend some TTI Blakemore Real Magic! Great for a line conditioner.
http://ttiblakemore.com/shop/index.php? ... x&cPath=57
Fishing creates memories for a life time.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
KrazyBasstard

Post by KrazyBasstard »

onemocast wrote:thanks for the suggestions.....I like the 10# poer pro braid idea with seagaur leader. Sounds economical, as you can use the heck out of braid before needing to be replaced. Krazybasstard- how much leader are you using?
I personally start with at least a 6 ft leader but if the water gets really clear i use up to 15 ft. For a knot i use the surgeons knot but i pass it through the loop three times. Its a knot not regually used for for bass fishing but my tournament partner turned me on to it and it hasnt failed me yet.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I was plyaing with lines earlier this year on my spinning outfits and here is where I am

Sufix 10lb Braid - with Triline 100% fluro in 6lb = awesome ON THE DROP SHOT. I did not like the braid to fluor for my dragging presentations - I re tie often due to knicks and abrasion and it was taking damn too long - also I did not like the feel on a slack line drag - So I have decided (for now) that the braid on a dropshot is awesome - and I went back to Sufix CoPolymer 6lb and Triline 100% 8lb fluor for my other finsse presentations.
WackySenko

Post by WackySenko »

I use a Double - Uni Knot to tie leader to braid. It has not failed me yet.
Charles

Post by Charles »

Mccoy. It just doesnt break and manhandles fish.
Leon Pugh

Post by Leon Pugh »

Got to get my 2 cents in here.
Monofiliment Super Silver Thread, just like AN 40 only stronger, AN 40 is a IFGA approved line, if rated at 8 lb it has to break a 8 lb, Super Silver thread or Excaliber is not IFGA approved so it does not have to break at its rating and does not!

Fluorcarbon, I think I have tried most of them out there and Seaguars, Invisex and abrazis can only be beaten by Tatsu?

Braids, Bub Tosh convinced me to try Samuria and it has made believer out of me, the smoothest braid I have ever used. Power Pro drove me crazy when punchin!

10 to 15 lb braid with a Seaguar leader of the length and wt of the day with a Albright knot. I will usually use a leaders 10 to 30 ft long. The knot has never let me down yet. With long leader I can retie as many times as I break off during the day. New leader next trip. Even Tatsu is affordable this way.
Thank You Leon Pugh
leon.pugh@comcast.net
http://www.dobynsrods.com/
Bass Pro Shopper

Post by Bass Pro Shopper »

If you're thinking of going with all mono, then go with McCoy Mean Green. It's really a co-polymer, but it's the line to go with for spinning reels. Low memory and very manageable line. Otherwise, braid with a mono or fluoro leader.
Fishing is not a matter of life or death.
It's more serious than that!