SoCal Info Needed

Morgan

SoCal Info Needed

Post by Morgan »

So every year I get lots of vacation, get to spend three weeks on the Delta, 5 days at Clear Lake and extended trips. The wifey only gets 2 weeks and usually does a family reunion, and never really comes up with vacation plane. So this year she asks " How about Disneyland?' So I says sure (even though that isn't the first choice I would ever make). She tells the kids and they are all excited that I am going this year.

Then they lay the bombshells..... It will be the first week in August ( so you know the missing heat spell will show up) and it's a 5 day Park Hopper! And then it is at the Disneyland hotel. And then I won't even go into the price. Not sure what to do over and over at that place.

So I say, this is for them, go with it.

But then I get to thinking........

I heard there are tackle stores in the SoCal area that may have big selections, may have local tackle that isn't available up north. That I may be able to slip off one morning and check some of these out. (not too far from Disneyland, the rides are enough, let alone the freeways.)

So, What tackle stores are near there? Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Morgan
Garrettt

Re: SoCal Info Needed

Post by Garrettt »

Anglers Marine - Anaheim. 15 miles from Dland
Last Chance - Hemet. 80 miles from DLand
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

+1 on Anglers Marine. 91 freeway and Tustin. 15-20 minutes from Disneyland.
brian johnson

Post by brian johnson »

Garrettt wrote:Anglers Marine - Anaheim. 15 miles from Dland
Last Chance - Hemet. 80 miles from DLand
I say last chance bait & tackle more tackle than any so cal shop. great people and alot of unique tackle you probaly cant find up north just my 2 cents. have a great vaca with the fam maybe a 1 day guide trip to the hottest fishing in california the jewel DVL.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Shoot Morgan, I'm going up there just when you are coming down here! Otherwise I'd take you to DVL.

Maybe someone else will offer, I know you'd take them out up there -Brian D.? (Brian, you might remember Morgan from the Clearlake Summer Nutcase about three or four years ago).

Both those stores are great, but I don't know of many baits that are particular to this area you can't get up there!?!
Besides, there are no bass in Bass Lake, you told me so, remember? :lol:
Wish me luck on the Snag Proof Open, I'm looking to find a partner and try my luck, I'll get one for ya if I get in! 8) :twisted:
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

mrobinett wrote:+1 on Anglers Marine. 91 freeway and Tustin. 15-20 minutes from Disneyland.
+2
3475 East La Palma Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92806-2024
(714) 666-2628
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

for tackle shops anglers marine... really close to dineyland... and if your into surf fishing, the beach is only 1/2 hour away too.... freshwater lakes are few and far between from anaheim.. :(
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Thanks all, I know that since I get all those other vacations, a fishing trip would be outta the question. Ya know it's about earning points.... 1 good deed=3 times fishing. Maybe I can get to both places if the freeway traffic isn't stupid. Looks like from the mousehouse, hwys 91, 60, 79 to Hemet. Bad/good?

Morgan
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

weekdays won't be bad going towards hemet in the morning. Plan to head back to Dland by about 10-11am. By that time the 91 will have settled down. Its one of the worst freeways we have here. On your way in you can hit anglers. I was eying some rods they have on clearance right now..kistler, rogue to zillion. Love the rogues, especially at 99 smackers. not many clearance rods but they have smoking deals on a few.