Open Weigh In

Vern

Open Weigh In

Post by Vern »

I would like to congradulate Won Bass and the crew Bill Egan & Bill Cook and the rest for running such a great weigh in. I have either fished or been around the Open for many years. This was with a doubt the best weigh in that I have seen.They took great care of the Anglers but most important the fish.I wish that I could name all the staff but I do not know all their names. Again congradulations for running such a great weigh in. Vern
Murph

Re: Open Weigh In

Post by Murph »

Yeah it was a pleasure to watch. There was some guy running around, busting his hump, with the name Stoltz on the back of his WesternBass Shirt, too. lol
It might be lonely at the Top, but it's a bitch, at the Bottom !
sTony

Post by sTony »

Got back yesterday but am really just 'waking up' from the event now. Sure is nice to read the comments about it here. Billy Egan put together a strong team for this year's open and I think it paid off in several ways.

It was my first experience at the US Open and it is a very unique tournament, no doubt. The temperatures definitely make you work harder, hahaha. Hopefully all are happy with the attention and care that the fish got from all parties involved.

Kudos to Billy Egan for putting on a great show!

sTony
Mike Caruso

Post by Mike Caruso »

I couldn't agree more. This was the smoothest run open i've seen in the past 3 years that i've fished it. The pairing meeting was much quicker and smoother then years past and so was the weigh-in. The staff went out of their way to ensure the fish were back in the water and in the lake in the shortest amount of time possible. I would also like the thank Bill for going out of his way to park my truck and trailer on day 1 when my co showed up a little late and I had to launch by myself. Way to go above and beyond to help out in literally any way possible, it was greatly appreciated. I hope this tournament gets back to 150+ boat field. Kudos to the entire Won Bass team involved and all sponsors that help put on an awesome tournament. Looking forward to next year already.
TXRIGGED

Post by TXRIGGED »

I was really impressed with the weigh-in process also. Pulling the boat onto my trailer and being greeted by that dude handing me the mesh bag. Can't remember his name, but he greeted me each day with a smile and a "well, did you get 'em today?"

The weigh in was fast. Pretty cool pulling up on your boat right there, handing your fish off to another dude, jumping off, and hitting the tanks immediately. Before you knew it, you were up on stage and getting your weight for the day.

It would've been even more cool to have the side of the tent open so the fans could see each angler on their boat as they approached. But I know the sun was coming in on that side. Maybe they can put the tent in that far east parking lot and have it to where each angler pulls up on their boat and the fans can see it all.

I do wish Egan had a weigh master up there with him so he could concentrate on the mic and muck-it-up a little with each angler. Egan, Cook, and the team were quick, swift, enjoyable, everything you could ask for in a tournament team.

The mesh bags were different, but worked out pretty awesome.

I can't wait for next year! Good times!!