Summer Baits

tribble03man

Summer Baits

Post by tribble03man »

I was looking for some tips on some summer baits. Anything will help! I am fishing at folsom and i will go to other lakes but mainly folsom
Last edited by tribble03man on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Evans - Kap

Re: Summer Baits

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

Where you fishing? A little more info is helpful, like depth of the water you have to fish. The type of cover and structure. Does it have vegetation, and how much, etc etc...
How much do you know about the water before you get to it helps bigtime in knowing where you should be at certain times of the year...Study your maps and get to know your water.
This is what I love about fishing, is its like chess to me. :D :D sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. :lol:

Hope this helps?

Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
thukidad

Post by thukidad »

Kevin Evans - Kap wrote:This is what I love about fishing, is its like chess to me. :D :D sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. :lol:

Kap
x2.. well said
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Generally speaking, summertime is good for top water baits..Especially early or late in the day..You will also be able to catch a lot more fish on crankbaits during the summer time as opposed to other seasons..This is especially true of deep diving crank baits..I find myself using frogs, buzz baits and other top waters a lot more often early in the day or toward sunset..Jigs, Senkos, and other bottom type baits are still effective..Summertime is when you can toss just about anything in your tackle box and get bit..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

the thing I've always read in books and heard that warmer water kind of blurs the fishes vision. Thus fishing a smaller bait is going to be harder for a fish to find. When I am fishing a plastic bait or jig in summer I am fishing Big stuff. 8-12" worms, jigs with double wide beaver trailers and full size brush hogs.

Then again, those are my last ditch effort as I will have the trolling motor on high and covering water fishing a deep diving crankbait or double buzzbait! Can't get enough of the buzzbait bites...way too much fun and you catch BIG FISH for whatever relative water you are fishing!
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

Out here on the delta on a high tide frogs, spooks and poppers for a topwater presentation or throw a red lidless crank over grass pockets and for a low tide presentation I like to throw a dark red craw or bright red craw cranks depending on water clarity parallel to weed lines and along riprap rock walls when fishing tules flip beavers or my fav pitbosses into pockets with shade. Hope it helps :D