Air Plane Travel, Tackle "carry-on" question

Dan Sexton

Air Plane Travel, Tackle "carry-on" question

Post by Dan Sexton »

Does anyone know or tried to "carry on" tackle lately? I believe last year I carried tackle (hooks, spinnerbaits, cranks; just no scissors or pliers) on the plane. Has anyone tried recently?
Mitch

air travel requirments

Post by Mitch »

On all my trips across the US and Mexico ---no Hooks, sissiors, plyers, tools of ANY kind and no reels WITH line on were allowed in your carry-on. I put PLASTICS only and my Calis reels in my carry-on minus the spools. NO PROBLEM ALL other baits must be checked in with your luggage. You know how possible it is to Tie up the crew with 15# test and hold them hostage with a Lucky Craft Pointer in each hand, not to mention those deadly SPINNER BAITS !!!!!! LOL LOL
Farres

Re: Air Plane Travel, Tackle "carry-on" question

Post by Farres »

No hooks are allowed on your carry-on at all. I just came back from Costa Rica, and I carried on maybe 20 bags of assorted plastics in a backpack. One of the bags of Baby Brush Hogs had a bait with a single hook in it that the x-ray machine picked up, and I had to dig through all of the bags trying to find that single hook. What's weird is that once I located it, they took the whole bag--not just the hook. They also confiscated a roll of duct tape.

In addition, I carried on all of my reels fully spooled, and I never had any trouble. I've done this many times since 911, but based on what Mitch has experienced, it sounds like spooled reels may be a point of contention with some security personel.
eagle123777

Post by eagle123777 »

my daughter and son in law both work for TSA so I will send this question and post the official TSA reg...
Ken C.

I can see it now...

Post by Ken C. »

... If'n you don't turn this plane around right now I'm a gonna stick this 5/0 EWG hook into your arm so far yo gonna say "OW! Why'd You Do That??!!" :twisted:
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
FATGUY

Post by FATGUY »

on our trip to el salto in january reels with line were ok .. but on the way back my buddys carry on set off the alarm ..he had about 30 packages of plastic in his bag included were six hooks he forgot to remove.. by the time they finished going through his whole setup he was holding up about 20 people. they kept the hooks but returned everything else ..
BassTraveler

Post by BassTraveler »

Hey Dan,
How have you been?
If I fly within the US and I have time...I will ship it out UPS ahead of time.
Hope it helps,
Sieg
Triton Mike

LOL

Post by Triton Mike »

LOL at Ken C!! that was funny ;) I wasn't aware of the line issue.... I do know they charge you like $80 bucks for overlength PVC tubes stuffed with rods.. Definitely Send them through the mail. Unless you got two piecers.

T Mike