Casitas

mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: Casitas

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Dang Kelly, why don't you tell us how you really feel about it..It may appear as though I am ragging on you, but in truth, I have to agree with what you posted, even though I don't fish there and probably never will..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
billH

Post by billH »

And that trout plant, basically a "tourist trout" plant (most too big for bass food), only cost $60,000. Add that to the new $100,000+ barbed wire fence in the Wadleigh Arm and you know where your money is going. Oh, and the general consensus amongst the people involved is, the lake will NEVER be at full pool again. The requirement to send water to the river to support the non-existent steelhead and the inability to release water from the lake means all the wonderful rain we get or may get runs to the ocean.
May Casitas RIP.
offduty

Post by offduty »

bill hamilton wrote:And that trout plant, basically a "tourist trout" plant (most too big for bass food), only cost $60,000. Add that to the new $100,000+ barbed wire fence in the Wadleigh Arm and you know where your money is going. Oh, and the general consensus amongst the people involved is, the lake will NEVER be at full pool again. The requirement to send water to the river to support the non-existent steelhead and the inability to release water from the lake means all the wonderful rain we get or may get runs to the ocean.
May Casitas RIP.
Well being it is a drinking water reservoir I think we will get to keep some of the water. I understand that there is an amount of water reserved for our mythical steelhead. They have to replenish the reservoir from time to time as so many depend on it for there water. I live in Oak View and guess I need to ask Rob and Jeff a few questions after reading these posts. It is the lowest I have seen it and I fish 2-4 days a week and have been doing that for about 11 years. I'll tell ya I got it almost to myself on the week days and I am not knocking you guys I feel fortunate to have that place, tough as it can be some times.

Peace
Rich
Rich
offduty

Post by offduty »

I talked to the rangers today and they said as far as water coming in to the lake it will come from the surrounding watershed as it always has. As far as the lake never being at full pool again they are not sure where that came from but they are not the ones who ever said that. The last trout plant was done so there would be trout for fishermen to catch. I too have noticed better days size wise. I work weekends so do not get to fish those. When I do fish it is a ghost town and certainly there is a lot less pressure and that has to be a good thing.

Rich
Rich